• Advertisement

What a freaking gut punch

Whatever you want to discuss

What a freaking gut punch

Postby buckcrazy » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:26 pm

After 2 months of looking at the land I was trying to buy and submitting an offer very close to what the owner was asking I was told yesterday morning the owner decided to keep the property! I even offered to pay the full asking price but was also turned down. The property was on the market for 2 years and I was supposedly the first to make an offer. I am highly disappointed but I am also frustrated for the agent who put 2 years worth of work into this listing and now he won't get a single nickel out of his efforts. Very frustrated because when I met the owner he gave me no clue that he wanted to keep it at all. So if anyone knows of land around 150 acres with a nice size pond on it I am in the market now apparently. I have sold my boat and have my fathers house for sale in Slidell to get the money to buy this other land and now he backed out. Totally frustrated at this point but I am still selling the house that way I will be ready when the next piece comes along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There's a fine line between hunting and sittting there looking stupid"- Unknown

"If vegetarians love animals so much why do they keep eating all their food"- Unknown
buckcrazy
Boone&Crockett

Re: What a freaking gut punch

Postby Curlyjack » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:59 pm

That is got to be tuff to deal with, but keep your head up. I have found out in life it usually works out and most of the time for the better

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
"TEAM 8 Antler Addicts"

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday. " John Wayne
Curlyjack
Non-Typical

Postby LadyHunter » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:51 pm

That's hard. I wonder why he kept it on the market all that time? And you are right, sad for the agent who invested so much.

What area are you looking to get in?

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners

WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Postby triple_duece » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:59 pm

Yeah I'd be POED! Man that does hurt, right places don't come up but every 20 years or so
triple_duece
10 Point

Postby dustygoodson » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:07 pm

dang hate that for u
dustygoodson
Pope&Young

Postby buckcrazy » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:07 pm

Thanks triple, that makes me feel better. Just kidding
Looking for about 150ac +\- and have at least a 1ac pond. House or trailer is optional but not a deal breaker. Oh another thing , it has to have deer.
Trying to stay within 2-3 hrs from New Orleans

"There's a fine line between hunting and sittting there looking stupid"- Unknown

"If vegetarians love animals so much why do they keep eating all their food"- Unknown
buckcrazy
Boone&Crockett

Postby huntall » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:13 pm

Give it some time...it will work out. When I was looking for my new place I was looking for 10 to 20 acres to live on.
I found a place that we thought we had to have. It was 11 acres with rough shape house. Well, it took us a while to sell our house and the deal fell through on it. About 4 months later we found 39 acres that was ideal for us. We are now happy that the other deal did not work out. We are excited about the new place. Just get your money in line and be ready if the right place comes along. Good luck!
I still see a lot of land for sale in lawrence county on highway 27 above Monticello, but probably not any home structure on them, but not sure.
"TEAM 6"
huntall
Pope&Young

Postby gtk » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:50 am

that sux for sure..

if you were closer to NorthMS, I could make you a heck of a deal on 110 acres with access to a 14 acre lake :)
gtk
Admin

Postby buckcrazy » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:53 am

Yeah that's a little to far for me to run, especially with my kids soccer schedules. Seen a few properties recently I like but don't meet my criteria the way I would like. I'm very picky and want whatever property I buy to check off all my boxes.

buckcrazy
Boone&Crockett

Return to General Forum