• Advertisement

A Rough Day

Whatever you want to discuss

A Rough Day

Postby terry08 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:11 pm

It began last night when Sherrie, said I am going to call it an early night. It was only eight o'clock, but I agreed as I had been in the woods all day.
She asked if I was going to hunt in the morning? I said if it is not raining to bad I may go sit awhile . Well after a nice hot bath, I set the phone alarm to go off at four o'clock.
Four o'clock, came early. I hit the start button on the coffee machine and waited for that first cup of pick me up.
I was soon dressed and ready to head to the shack. It was raining and a cold damp chill, filled the air. I had made up my mind, that I would only shoot a trophy class buck. I didn't want to be out in the rain dressing anything less.
I was in the shack 20 minutes before dawn, and the buddy heater felt oh so warm.
As dawn broke. I heard something moving through the woods towards me. As I scoped the gas line, he stepped out. A very nice ten point, but not big enough for me to dress in the rain. So he was able to walk free.
About eight o'clock, I heard what sounded like a heard of horses coming through the woods. I got ready and following five does was the buck of a lifetime. I settled the cross hairs on his front shoulder, and just as I pulled the trigger. I heard Sherrie, say wake up baby, you have over slept.
Wow, what a wonderful dream.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

A Rough Day

Postby triple_duece » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:58 pm

Haha you sob had me hook n line till the you gave it up. Good one
triple_duece
10 Point

Return to General Forum