Page 1 of 1

Retarded Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:45 pm
by jbullard1
Today I had the privilege of getting my first Social Security Check :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
Sure glad i made plans years ago .
I could have waited 4 more years and gotten a few more bucks but I want as much as I can get back.

Re: Retarded Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:54 pm
by terry08
jbullard1 wrote:Today I had the privilege of getting my first Social Security Check :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
Sure glad i made plans years ago .
I could have waited 4 more years and gotten a few more bucks but I want as much as I can get back.

Smart man. How many have said I am going to wait only to be called home. Their wife can't draw it so it funds all those who have never paid a dime into it. Always has been a rigged system.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk

Re: Retarded Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:09 pm
by Nogocyclist
terry08 wrote:Smart man. How many have said I am going to wait only to be called home. Their wife can't draw it so it funds all those who have never paid a dime into it. Always has been a rigged system.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk

That is only partly true. The surviving spouse of a social security recipient will be given the higher of the amount of their own earnings from social security or that of their deceased spouse. If their spouse waited until 72 (or whatever the age is for someone born when they were born) and is the highest compensated of the two, the spouse will benefit from the recipient waiting to draw the full amount.

Re: Retarded Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:33 pm
by jv
Sometimes waiting is not the right choice, when I retired 10 years ago I wasn't old enought to draw social security and had to wait just a little over 6 years before I could apply. But counting my retirement check and social security check I am making almost as much as I was while working and then you throw in my 13th check I really make more per year then when I worked.

Re: Retarded Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:28 am
by LadyHunter
One thing I have learned, don't wait, retire and enjoy what you have worked so hard for while you are still alive and able. The government counts on your not living long enough to draw.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Re: Retarded Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:04 am
by gtk
LadyHunter wrote:One thing I have learned, don't wait, retire and enjoy what you have worked so hard for while you are still alive and able. The government counts on your not living long enough to draw.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

if i ever get my kids through college, i plan on enjoying my later years.. i plan on retiring & then letting my wife go back to work :W:

Re: Retarded Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:17 am
by LadyHunter
Greg, that's kinda what we did. But at least working for myself my schedule is flexible.

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk