New addition to the family.

Whatever you want to discuss

Re: New addition to the family.

Postby triple_duece » Sat May 19, 2018 1:56 pm

triple_duece
10 Point

Postby stickers » Sun May 20, 2018 8:37 am

Congrats to Pearl. Good looking pup. We are getting a female yellow pup this week to go with our 1 year old male. They are addicting.
stickers
Non-Typical

New addition to the family.

Postby triple_duece » Sun May 20, 2018 8:42 pm

Well we had fun. We ran a test today with pearl deciding to do her own thing. She completed the test but did not earn a ribbon/points. A lot of dogs didn’t pass and a bunch got DQ without finishing.

It was a humbling experience to say the least, but it’s also a growing part w Pearl and myself....mainly me.

We might run another weekend in August but the hotter it is, the test is harder on the dog, so we will see when the time comes. I’m enjoying the journey regardless if we pass or fail. Thanks for participating in the thread. To be continued ImageImageImage
triple_duece
10 Point

Postby triple_duece » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:18 am

Went on another weekend of two hunt test. Needed to pass both to get her seasoned title. First day she passed. Sunday was a different day as the completed the morning test and we went to the second half after lunch. The hardest was in the morning. Got to the evening test that was basic and short and pearl was jacked up on Mountain Dew. She wouldn’t take commands and after picking up the blind bird, the judge walked over telling me that she wouldn’t pass. Told him I understood, rightfully so as I wouldn’t have passed her if I was judging. Thanked the judges and exited tail tucked.

It’s all my fault and she did this to me on the previous weekend test. She’s young and very high spirited. Was hoping to get the title then flow into another hunting season picking the test back up in the spring.

In the big picture, pearl has turned out to be an exceptional hunting and house/family dog. She is only 1 yr and 3 months old and competing w dogs that most are over 2 and up to 5 yrs old. Image
triple_duece
10 Point

Postby terry08 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:22 am

triple_duece wrote:Went on another weekend of two hunt test. Needed to pass both to get her seasoned title. First day she passed. Sunday was a different day as the completed the morning test and we went to the second half after lunch. The hardest was in the morning. Got to the evening test that was basic and short and pearl was jacked up on Mountain Dew. She wouldn’t take commands and after picking up the blind bird, the judge walked over telling me that she wouldn’t pass. Told him I understood, rightfully so as I wouldn’t have passed her if I was judging. Thanked the judges and exited tail tucked.

It’s all my fault and she did this to me on the previous weekend test. She’s young and very high spirited. Was hoping to get the title then flow into another hunting season picking the test back up in the spring.

In the big picture, pearl has turned out to be an exceptional hunting and house/family dog. She is only 1 yr and 3 months old and competing w dogs that most are over 2 and up to 5 yrs old. Image

That's great, ribbons and papers, aren't everything. But a dog's love and loyalty wins hands down every time. Congratulations

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby gtk » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:25 am

sounds like you have a keeper..
gtk
Admin

Postby triple_duece » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:00 pm

Thanks fellas. Although there is a touch of disappointment, I’m not discouraged at all. I’ve probably pushed more than I should’ve, but realize that this is a marathon and not a race.

The ribbons and titles are just lagniappe, the true worth is loving an animal and them loving you and we do what we love together. Image

This is pearl in my truck with the ac on waiting for the next test. Yeah she’s my baby, no kennel in the bed of the truck, cause that’s how we roll.
triple_duece
10 Point

Postby jv » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:08 am

You got a winner for sure and like Terry said her love and loyalty says it all.
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Previous

Return to General Forum