• Advertisement

Need Advice

Whatever you want to discuss

Need Advice

Postby terry08 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:07 am

After deciding to move. We learned that we have horrible cell service here. The neighbors say that they have tried them all with the same results. Well after talking with chadbragg, I went to C Spire and explained the situation. The lady was very helpful and said she would contact technical support and be in touch. This was Tuesday, we were out Wensday, but when we got back there was a package on the porch from ups, and it contained a cell repeater from c spire, then I got a call from a technical guy, telling me that they would also try boosting the signal strength from the closest tower. He said the repeater should help until they can boost the signal. Not bad one day service. But, then we learned we would need Internet to use the repeater.
Sherrie, called at & t , to have our service moved and we learned we could not get Internet here until a port came available. A neighbor said he had been waiting over a year. My question is, has anyone ever tried Hughes net? Seems like Jerry, mentioned them in a post. I don't understand this crap. We are ten miles from the interstate and Nissan plant. Looks like there would be service here.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Re: Need Advice

Postby Bloodhound » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:14 am

I used to have Hughes Net but switched to Exede. Just look at what packages are available. They are price by how many gigs you use. It will still work if you go over your limit but it slows wwwaaaayyyy down. My daughter uses it a lot and has to have it for school so I'm on the 100 gig package and it's around $110 a month.
Don't sweat the petty stuff.....
And don't pet the sweaty stuff.
Bloodhound
8 Point

Postby jbullard1 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:34 am

Terry
I used to have Hughesnet but switched to Exede.
One thing you may want to check into is a Hotspot from C-spire. When I worked I had one from AT&T that worked everywhere I had cell service. C-Spire should have the same thing. I also have a Straight Talk one from Walmart
The hot spots work better in storms than the satellite ones.
Team 5 Co-Champion with Team 1 2014-2015
Team Genesis 2013-2014
Team Rack Blaster 2012-2013
Resident Geezer and Granpaw
jbullard1
Granpaw

Postby terry08 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:05 am

jbullard1 wrote:Terry
I used to have Hughesnet but switched to Exede.
One thing you may want to check into is a Hotspot from C-spire. When I worked I had one from AT&T that worked everywhere I had cell service. C-Spire should have the same thing. I also have a Straight Talk one from Walmart
The hot spots work better in storms than the satellite ones.

We used to have the hot-spot from c spire. Didn't work well for Internet, that's when we went back to at&t wireless and home phone.

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby jv » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:17 am

Terry, I have never had either of the ones mentioned but at one time has the broadband from Cspire and it worked pretty good but was slow.
I now get my Internet from a computer store which works great.
I have the highest speed they offer and it runs 57.95 per month and we run three laptops a desk computer, a i-pad and both our Cspire cell phones. The only other thing I had to buy was a WiFi system which the technician hooked up when he installed a small dish to receive the signal from the tower.
Also the short time we lived down in Madison we had tv and Internet through Comcast that we had great service with.
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby flipper » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:26 am

We have the C Spire hot spot. It was super fast when we first got it. Now it’s slow most of the time. We are about 17 miles from the interstate, but they told me their closest tower was only 3 miles from us. I don’t understand how 3G used to be the fastest thing and now it’s ad slow as dial up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2016-2017 *Team 8* ANTLER ADDICTS

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Postby buckcrazy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:26 am

had hughes at my fathers place and it was absolutely terrible. Then when they couldn't get us a signal at all we were told to cancel it and try another service so we did. They then charged us $400 cancellation fee because we didn't keep them for the length of the contract, that we didn't even realize we had. They automatically renews our contract after the first expired. No signatures , No permission. They did it on their own. After calling them at least 20 times I contacted a friend who is a lawyer and got him involved. He was able to get our payment down to $125. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. But that's my experience with them, don't know how others faired.
"There's a fine line between hunting and sittting there looking stupid"- Unknown

"If vegetarians love animals so much why do they keep eating all their food"- Unknown
buckcrazy
Boone&Crockett

Postby terry08 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:07 pm

Heck, I am lost now. Will do more research, I won't be conned into a contract ever again. If they can't guarantee what they are selling. Then I will do without.

terry08
Pope&Young

Postby jbullard1 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:24 pm

terry08 wrote:Heck, I am lost now. Will do more research, I won't be conned into a contract ever again. If they can't guarantee what they are selling. Then I will do without.

Sounds like you need to try the hotspot route.
A lot less money and no contract
Team 5 Co-Champion with Team 1 2014-2015
Team Genesis 2013-2014
Team Rack Blaster 2012-2013
Resident Geezer and Granpaw
jbullard1
Granpaw

Postby terry08 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:32 am

Not sure if the hot-spot will work since we don't have a strong cell signal. This in my opinion, is the largest rip off industry out there today. You are forced to pay the same price as those in Metro areas, but yet you can't get the same service as they do. I have always said that folks in rural areas should be charged half of what metro customers pay.

terry08
Pope&Young

Return to General Forum