• Advertisement

Hate trespassers!

Whatever you want to discuss

Hate trespassers!

Postby buckcrazy » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:31 pm

Had my cameras still out from hunting season and went and got them out the woods last week and while going through the cards and thousands of pics I had a picture of 3 people on 3 four wheelers riding through the property in February. I don’t know if they were looking for a dog or what else they were doing but they knew dang well they crossed a line. While they didn’t mess up my roads or didn’t notice anything missing I still hate the fact that they felt they had the right to ride on my property. I spent a lot of money on this land and all the improvements, culverts, stands, cameras and fields and these idiots just rode through it like they own it. I have gates up on all my roads so now I’m going to ride around and put out more posted signs and put up barbed wire on possible entrances. I called the police and game warden just to let them know and sent them a picture of them where you can see one of their faces good. Don’t know if anything else will come of it but it really makes me mad. I need to let any potential new people trespassing that I will not allow them to enjoy my land more than I can. I plan on talking to the neighboring property owners and ask if they know who they are or at least recognize them. If it’s one of them or friends of theirs how would you handle it? I’d like to stay on good terms with the neighbors but I need to let them know I won’t allow trespassers on my property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There's a fine line between hunting and sittting there looking stupid"- Unknown

"If vegetarians love animals so much why do they keep eating all their food"- Unknown
buckcrazy
Boone&Crockett

Re: Hate trespassers!

Postby gtk » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:36 am

It irks me to no end, that people just cross over a property line and wander around like they own the place.

WHere i hunt, its surrounded by 3 subdivisions. I always had trespassers. I finally quit putting out cameras because they kept getting stolen. Almost got in a fight with one guy, who kept arguing that he could hunt on our place if he wanted too. I had one woman, who always wore a purple jogging suit, who walked thru every morning on her "exercise". Had another woman who would walk by my camera and flip it off ..

One morn, I had a doe in my crosshairs fixing to pull the trigger. The doe kept staring down a trail, and spooked. Then immediately a woman and two kids and a dog come walking down the trail :( After I got thru "talking" to them they never came back that i know of.
gtk
Admin

Postby buckcrazy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:26 am

People are stupid, don't they know not to trespass during hunting season. I once had a lease in Purvis and one cold morning I hear the sounds of branches cracking and see brown coming through the woods down a right of way. Got my gun ready and was looking through the scope and all of a sudden a woman and kid come riding up the trail on a freaking horse. Mid December at 7am during the rut on a Saturday. Did she think people weren't hunting during the rut on a Saturday at 7am? IDIOT! I also "talked" to her after I quit shaking thinking how easy it would've been for me to pull the trigger had I been a hunter who was a "brown its down" kinda guy. She apologized for messing up my hunt but I explained its was more than messing up my hunt. Her and her kid could've been killed.
"There's a fine line between hunting and sittting there looking stupid"- Unknown

"If vegetarians love animals so much why do they keep eating all their food"- Unknown
buckcrazy
Boone&Crockett

Postby chadbragg » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:44 pm

I hunt small tracts in town. I buy the cheapest cams available and lock them up. They still break the cams or cut the locks. This past season was the only one i can remember that i haven't lost Atleast 1 cam. Ive come to realize people are stupid as you said.

TEAM Rack Stackers aka THE WINNERS!!!
chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby buckcrazy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:39 pm

Luckily they didn’t take anything or mess with anything. After I saw the pics I went around checking all my cameras and they apparently only visited that one spot which led me to think they were maybe tracking a dog because one of them had a dog box on the four wheeler. May have been running hogs or whatever and lost a dog but I really don’t care. Don’t come on my property. Hopefully one day I’d like to put up a 4ft goat panel fence around my 209 acres so I can slow down the hogs and dogs. Heck may even keep out trespassers with it to.

buckcrazy
Boone&Crockett

Return to General Forum