• Advertisement

BadLand Winches ?

Whatever you want to discuss

BadLand Winches ?

Postby stickers » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:23 am

Are the Badland Winches from Harbor Freight any good ? I have a 4 wheeler that I keep at my deer camp that very rarely gets used (maybe 3 or 4 times a year) but when I need it most of the time I need a winch or it sure would make things easier usually. I know how most things are from Harbor Freight but I was hoping these would stand up to usually light use.
stickers
Non-Typical

Re: BadLand Winches ?

Postby chadbragg » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:36 am

stickers wrote:Are the Badland Winches from Harbor Freight any good ? I have a 4 wheeler that I keep at my deer camp that very rarely gets used (maybe 3 or 4 times a year) but when I need it most of the time I need a winch or it sure would make things easier usually. I know how most things are from Harbor Freight but I was hoping these would stand up to usually light use.
i

I haven't had any personal experience with them but know people that have and like them. I currently have venom Winches on my atvs and utv. They cost a little more but never had an issue with them.

If going with the harbor freight one I would get one a little bigger than ya think you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TEAM Rack Stackers aka THE WINNERS!!!
chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby stickers » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:25 am

Thanks Chad. If it was something that I use all the time then I would definitely put a Warn or something else good on it but I never hardly use it . I put less than 10 miles a year on it.
stickers
Non-Typical

Postby missed mallards » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:16 pm

Good winches. I’ve had several brands and wouldn’t hesitate to put a badlands on my utv. Would highly recommend changing out the cable for Amsteel rope on any brand u get. When a cable snaps it gets dangerous quickly.

missed mallards
4 Point

Postby stickers » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:14 pm

missed mallards wrote:Good winches. I’ve had several brands and wouldn’t hesitate to put a badlands on my utv. Would highly recommend changing out the cable for Amsteel rope on any brand u get. When a cable snaps it gets dangerous quickly.

Thank you. I like the steel cables but I usually put a towel on them if I am in a real pickle or need to use a jerk block. I guess I will go with the 3500 since the 2500 uses a FOB to operate it. Not sure if I trust a FOB over direct connection and not sure how to hack it to put on a switch. I also imagine I could lose it real quick, ha.
stickers
Non-Typical

Postby glenn » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:22 am

stickers wrote:
missed mallards wrote:Good winches. I’ve had several brands and wouldn’t hesitate to put a badlands on my utv. Would highly recommend changing out the cable for Amsteel rope on any brand u get. When a cable snaps it gets dangerous quickly.

Thank you. I like the steel cables but I usually put a towel on them if I am in a real pickle or need to use a jerk block. I guess I will go with the 3500 since the 2500 uses a FOB to operate it. Not sure if I trust a FOB over direct connection and not sure how to hack it to put on a switch. I also imagine I could lose it real quick, ha.

My son had one with the remote and it only lasted a few months before it malfunctioned. It came from harbor freight, but I am not sure what brand it was.

Never mistake kindness for weakness!
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby jv » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:13 am

If I'm not mistaken Tractor Supply sells them also. I had one on my atv for a couple of years and the control missed up but the winch itself was still working. I ran across a deal on a 3500 Warn that I couldn't pass up on so I changed mine out.
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby gtk » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:49 am

i got one on my 500 back in MS.. Had it on several years, used it quite a few times, and no issues. its the 2500, and no, I do not like the FOB.
gtk
Admin

Return to General Forum