• Advertisement

New truck shopping

Whatever you want to discuss

New truck shopping

Postby flipper » Sun May 19, 2019 7:57 pm

I know we all have our opinions about trucks, but I am just wondering what any of you many think about GMC. I am looking at a new Sierra SLT 4WD crew cab short box. I have looked at dealerships all over our state. Do any of you have friends or have had good experiences with any dealerships? Just looking for any input to help make this big decision.
2018-19 Team #1 BLADES and BULLETS
flipper
Pope&Young

Re: New truck shopping

Postby chadbragg » Mon May 20, 2019 4:43 am

flipper wrote:I know we all have our opinions about trucks, but I am just wondering what any of you many think about GMC. I am looking at a new Sierra SLT 4WD crew cab short box. I have looked at dealerships all over our state. Do any of you have friends or have had good experiences with any dealerships? Just looking for any input to help make this big decision.

I'm in the same boat. I will be buying the new at4 very soon. I have been looking at them all over the southeast. Seems a dealership in Little Rock and Gerry Lane in Baton Rouge has the best prices I've found.

I'll be getting the at4 in dark sky metallic with the 6.2. I know exactly what I want just matter of getting my personal life straight before I pull the trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TEAM Rack Stackers aka THE WINNERS!!!
chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby gtk » Mon May 20, 2019 8:15 am

have been driving ford since i got my drivers license. I don't think I'll ever buy another new one though.
gtk
Admin

Postby jbullard1 » Mon May 20, 2019 1:15 pm

flipper wrote:I know we all have our opinions about trucks, but I am just wondering what any of you many think about GMC. I am looking at a new Sierra SLT 4WD crew cab short box. I have looked at dealerships all over our state. Do any of you have friends or have had good experiences with any dealerships? Just looking for any input to help make this big decision.

Cannon Motors of Ms
They can get anything you want and stand behind the sale
And there is not a thing wrong with GM Brands
Team 5 Co-Champion with Team 1 2014-2015
Team Genesis 2013-2014
Team Rack Blaster 2012-2013
Resident Geezer and Granpaw
jbullard1
Granpaw

Postby glenn » Tue May 21, 2019 12:01 pm

Flipper, that is exactly what I am driving but it has a few years on it. I haven’t had any significant issues with it. I only use it driving around town and to work. When I am home li still drive my F250 hunting, fishing and abusing. If I had excess money I would probably buy another f250, but I enjoy the gmc too, it’s a better ride. I have never been loyal to a brand, only to my wallet.

Never mistake kindness for weakness!
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby flipper » Tue May 21, 2019 10:09 pm

We’ve had every kind of truck. I drive a 2011 Tacoma currently. I also had an F250, my dream truck, for18 years. I had one of the first Ram quad cabs when they came out. I had another Tacoma a while back, the first V6 in the state. I also had a Dakota. Husband has a 2500 Silverado, Ford Ranger, and Dodge Ram 1/2 ton. We had bad luck with a 1/2 ton GMC back in the 90’s, but I’m ready to try again. They just cost way too much. Thanks for your help. Good luck with your purchase Chad!

flipper
Pope&Young

Postby jv » Wed May 22, 2019 7:18 am

Nothing wrong with a GMC, the only difference between it and a Chev. is the grill and interior package.
That a look at Heffer Motors in Batesville.
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby flipper » Wed May 22, 2019 7:50 am

jv wrote:Nothing wrong with a GMC, the only difference between it and a Chev. is the grill and interior package.
That a look at Heffer Motors in Batesville.

Yep, I looked there JV, and at Cannon. Got a gal at Landers in Southaven working hard to make a deal and Fowler Buick in Pearl has several that I’m interested in. They have the best selection by far. It’s tough with prices so high and I’m about to retire., but I have saved for this and I’m going to be picky and get what I want.

flipper
Pope&Young

Postby terry08 » Tue May 28, 2019 5:25 am

How far you want to travel.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby flipper » Tue May 28, 2019 7:33 am

terry08 wrote:

I pulled the trigger last Friday.Image

flipper
Pope&Young

Postby terry08 » Tue May 28, 2019 7:34 am

flipper wrote:
terry08 wrote:

I pulled the trigger last Friday.Image

Beautiful, congratulations

A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby chadbragg » Tue May 28, 2019 8:33 am

That's a beautiful truck! What do you think about it so far?

Did you get the 5.3 or 6.2? Does it have the fancy tailgate?

chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby jv » Tue May 28, 2019 8:56 am

Great looking truck
Where did you end up getting it.
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby glenn » Tue May 28, 2019 10:51 pm

That’s very nice, congratulations!

Never mistake kindness for weakness!
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby flipper » Wed May 29, 2019 7:23 am

Fowler Buick gave me the best deal and had the truck I wanted with only 9 miles on it (the one I test drove had 86).
Chad I got the 5.3 engine. There aren’t many of the 6.2s around and I couldn’t justify the higher cost. Yes, it has the fancy tailgate and I think it will actually be very useful in many situations. So far I love the truck. It has many features that I won’t use, but you get those with the package. This is a Sierra SLT with the SLT premium PLUS and X31 off road packages. Not really impressed with the ride. Any 4WD is going to be stiff and our roads make any ride rough. Getting 21+mpg so far, but I’m a very sane driver.
If anyone knows anyone looking for a good Toyota Tacoma, I’m selling mine. 4WD double cab V6 TRD off road. It’s a 2011 model and has a lot of highway miles from my daily commute to Jackson and Madison, 189K. I have it priced at 16,000 which is what the mid range black book value for that truck with those miles. It is super clean and everything works.

flipper
Pope&Young

Postby chadbragg » Wed May 29, 2019 7:30 am

flipper wrote:Fowler Buick gave me the best deal and had the truck I wanted with only 9 miles on it (the one I test drove had 86).
Chad I got the 5.3 engine. There aren’t many of the 6.2s around and I couldn’t justify the higher cost. Yes, it has the fancy tailgate and I think it will actually be very useful in many situations. So far I love the truck. It has many features that I won’t use, but you get those with the package. This is a Sierra SLT with the SLT premium PLUS and X31 off road packages. Not really impressed with the ride. Any 4WD is going to be stiff and our roads make any ride rough. Getting 21+mpg so far, but I’m a very sane driver.
If anyone knows anyone looking for a good Toyota Tacoma, I’m selling mine. 4WD double cab V6 TRD off road. It’s a 2011 model and has a lot of highway miles from my daily commute to Jackson and Madison, 189K. I have it priced at 16,000 which is what the mid range black book value for that truck with those miles. It is super clean and everything works.

That's awesome. The reason I'm looking to move from my ram is terrible gas mpg. I'm getting 11.5 around the house and 14.5 on hwy. Image

chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby missed mallards » Thu May 30, 2019 8:22 pm

You’ll see a rather large bump no matter the engine.

Going to a Chevy as soon as the order forms come in. Haven’t heard of to many problems with this generation of GM. Loose mirrors being the only complaint but the conditions those trucks are put through could be expected.

Hope u like your new ride!

missed mallards
4 Point

Postby dustygoodson » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:07 pm

nice truck
dustygoodson
Pope&Young

Return to General Forum