• Advertisement

Something for the Rebel Fans

Whatever you want to discuss

Re: Something for the Rebel Fans

Postby nubbs » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:23 am

leepurvis wrote:
lugnut wrote:i...
i just wish MSU could follow suit. don't worry lee, we're bound to win at least one.........right?? :shock:

well, at least 1 :D I think they'll pull it together this next game. I just hope Croom doesn't stick with this 2 quarterback thing. It ain't gonna work IMHO. I still don't know why we didn't run it down their throats. With Dixon and Ducre, we should have controlled the game. Somebody decided we were going to pass that ball come he** or high water and wouldn't change the game plan.

Gotta give cudos to Bama....way to make the ACC look weak!

If I had Dixon I would run it 90% of the time he's a stud, and that's hard to say coming from an Ole Miss fan!!!!!!
Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne
nubbs
8 Point

Postby leepurvis » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:43 pm

nubbs wrote:If I had Dixon I would run it 90% of the time he's a stud, and that's hard to say coming from an Ole Miss fan!!!!!!

yeah, I don't understand our Offensive Coordinator. How do you not wear them down with Dixon and Ducre? Oh, well, maybe Southeast La will be a little more "cooperative".

How you think OM's gonna do against Wake Forest? Much as it pains me to say this, I hope y'all do good. :D
Lee

"Dear Life, when I said "Can my day get any worse?" it was a rhetorical question not a challenge"- Will Ferrell

“If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.” Thomas Paine
leepurvis
Pope&Young

Postby fullstrut12 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:47 pm

Mississippi teams aren't even worth arguing over!

Geaux Tigers!!!!!! LSU!!!!! When either of the MS teams is a legit program (MSU was last year, but must be proven......they had some lucky breaks) that can hang with the wrest of the SEC, then you can start you big talk. I don't even understand the insanity of attempting to argue that Ole Miss fans have anything to boast about concerning their football program.

The only time I have ever pulled for ole miss is when three of my football and powerlifting teammates were playing for them (doug buckles, chris spencer, mike espy)
fullstrut12
8 Point

Postby nubbs » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:53 am

fullstrut12 wrote:Mississippi teams aren't even worth arguing over!

Geaux Tigers!!!!!! LSU!!!!! When either of the MS teams is a legit program (MSU was last year, but must be proven......they had some lucky breaks) that can hang with the wrest of the SEC, then you can start you big talk. I don't even understand the insanity of attempting to argue that Ole Miss fans have anything to boast about concerning their football program.

The only time I have ever pulled for ole miss is when three of my football and powerlifting teammates were playing for them (doug buckles, chris spencer, mike espy)

Hey fullstrut.......

I don't think any Ole Miss fans on here are trying to start any big talk!! You're just like every other LSUX fan trying to run your mouth in a conversation were it doesn't belong!!

I do remember the last time I was in Baton Rouge, which was 2 years ago it took overtime for your LSUX tigers to beat one of the worst Rebel teams we've had in years.

I know you won the National Chamionship last year which is great because it was an SEC team, but lets see how you do the rest of this year. Remember you lost a lot of players.

Don't worry about Ole Miss WE ARE LEGIT and we will be just fine. You can take your LSU CRAP somewhere else!!!!!!!!!

Hotty Toddy GO REBELS!!!!!!!!
-John Wayne
nubbs
8 Point

Postby brewer03 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:03 am

Yano yawl may have the college football team that wins a few here and their but you cant beat our mississippi hunting and our forums...

Hotty Toddy
Triple Threat 2015- 2016

Serious Six 2014-2015

Rajun Sardis Bucks
2013-2014 deer hunting champs

life is great the oppurtunity to hunt and fish make it even better
brewer03
Pope&Young

Postby fullstrut12 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:47 pm

I wish the best for Ole Miss.....kinda

You wanna bring up two years ago, great! Guess what, LSU does play down to your rebels, and your rebels do play up to LSU. The tigers no longer take your rebels seriously, that may vary well prove to hurt them in the future because I do think Nutt will turn the program around.

Forgive my response, but I do grow weary of hearing the undue credit given to the rebels. I had a guy last year try to argue that Ole Miss was actually a better football team than LSU. It just seems to be the common ideology that i hear when encountering Ole Miss fans....though I realize that foolishness is not universal and doesn't necessarily extend to all that follow the program.

I do take great pride in LSU athletics, and I will maintain the "we're better than you" attitude concerning athletics, but I will give credit when and where credit is due......its just not due yet. I believe it will be before long though.
fullstrut12
8 Point

Postby nubbs » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:46 pm

fullstrut12 wrote:I wish the best for Ole Miss.....kinda

You wanna bring up two years ago, great! Guess what, LSU does play down to your rebels, and your rebels do play up to LSU. The tigers no longer take your rebels seriously, that may vary well prove to hurt them in the future because I do think Nutt will turn the program around.

Forgive my response, but I do grow weary of hearing the undue credit given to the rebels. I had a guy last year try to argue that Ole Miss was actually a better football team than LSU. It just seems to be the common ideology that i hear when encountering Ole Miss fans....though I realize that foolishness is not universal and doesn't necessarily extend to all that follow the program.

I do take great pride in LSU athletics, and I will maintain the "we're better than you" attitude concerning athletics, but I will give credit when and where credit is due......its just not due yet. I believe it will be before long though.

I beg to differ on the LSU no longer takes the Rebs seriously. :rotflol: That's the funniest thing I've ever heard. I know Les Miles takes us seriously he better. Yall have had the better team the last few years no doubt but we actually have a real coach now. I'm not saying we are going to win the National Championship but we will be a lot more competitive (see last years ARK/LSU game)

I will tell you that when I went to Baton Rouge 2 years ago we had a blast. The fans for the most part were great and it was a great game even though we lost. I will tell you I've never heard 92,000 fans so quiet after we blocked the extra point.

You can maintain that "we're better than you" attitude all you want but the only sport you have been better is football, and that's all about to end in the near future.

Anyway I'll quit rambling HOTTY TODDY!!!!!!!!!
-John Wayne
nubbs
8 Point

Postby Mercboy175 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:50 pm

:roll: I remember not too long ago Lsu was pretty chitty. :P Curley Hallman, Gerry DiNardo, :lol: boy they had some contenders. :rotflol: Slow down with the beers and corndogs there fullstrut. ;)
Venture 180 Tournament Pro
Slightly modified 175 Merc
http://www.bassracer.com
Mercboy175
Spike

Postby fullstrut12 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:03 am

Firstly, I believe LSU had a longer baseball season than Ole Miss...... Oh yeah, that's right we came back and in a couple of innings handed yall a butt whipping in the SEC tourny. So don't start with the one sport crap, lsu also has a great track team, and women's basketball.

Secondly, I do believe that Ole Miss certainly will be better this year, Houston Nutt has proven he can work with mediocrity, and Ole Miss actually has some talented players. Yall have a good coach now, which yall didn't have before ("coach" 0, was a clown that dressed like a coach).

I never said yall wouldn't play LSU to the wire this year, yall usually do. Yall will prob. be a much better team than State, or at least have the potential to be as yall out recruit them in state seemingly every year.

All I was getting at is that I'm tired of simply hearing talk and ready to see them actually do something. All they have to do is prove me wrong, though I do expect better things from them this year so i guess it would more realistically be put "prove me right".
fullstrut12
8 Point

Postby nubbs » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:51 am

Don't bring up track and women's bball :nono: cuz nobody really gives a chit about that. You will however be much improved in women's bball because you have a former REBEL as you coach. As far as baseball you may have beat us, but at this point your program is no better than ours. :twisted:

As far as Coach O goes he wasn't the best coach, but what do you expect he is from cajun land. Maybe he really was a good coach but no one could understand all the cajun yaw yaw yaw yaw crap coming from his mouth.

Like I said before no Ole Miss fan is coming on here trying to start any big talk we're just excited about our team. So don't come on here and start running your mouth about LSUX take that CRAP somewhere else. :)

Hotty Toddy!! Why don't you have another corndog!
-John Wayne
nubbs
8 Point

Postby Mercboy175 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:21 am

Hard to compare both programs. Also, Plantation U does not always out recruit State every year. It comes and goes. We do better sometimes, Ole Missy out does us sometimes, just the way it is. I'll tell ya this fullstrut, If State or Ole' Miss was the only school in the state and didn't have 2 other schools to compete against with money, recruits, and everything else, we wouldn't be havin this conversation! State, Ole Miss, Southern Miss, all compete with each other along with Lsu, Alabama, and Auburn to get recruits from our own state. :roll: So keep on with all the talk, Lord knows ya'll usually hand my dawgs an arse whippin every year and that's no secret. We do ok for our lil cowpatch we have in Starkville and I'm always proud for my boys when they do good. I'll stick up for em when they aint no good too. Scott, dont get mad at my lil names, you know I'm havin fun. ;)
Venture 180 Tournament Pro
Slightly modified 175 Merc
http://www.bassracer.com
Mercboy175
Spike

Postby nubbs » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:34 am

You know I doesn't bother me if use those names for my Rebs. I love some football smack :ylsuper: :ylsuper:
-John Wayne
nubbs
8 Point

Postby fullstrut12 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:33 pm

Don't worry, I'm not going to hate on MSU. Most of my friends are bulldogs and I have several friends on the team. Plus I have a sister at MSU. Nubbs if you wanna dish it, you better be willing to take it. You can hate on LSU all you want, but it doesn't change reality. Louisiana produces more athletes than Mississippi (or at least more academically eligible ones) and most of them do go to LSU..... though we did lose Joe McKnight to USC. We can pull players from MS because LSU knows how spend money on their program, facilities, etc. Plus the games are a lot more fun. Nothing like saturday night in Tiger Stadium.

Don't get your feelings hurt Nubbs i'm just trash talking because its fun. You can rest assured that I will keep talking about LSU on this sight and you will just have to deal with it. I've lived in MS most of my life and love this state, but i'm an LSU fan through and through.

I hope both programs do well and I hope Ole Miss can actually do more than simply bring up the rear in the SEC. I also hope State can beat Ole Miss like a red headed stepchild.
fullstrut12
8 Point

Postby nubbs » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:09 pm

I'm just pulling your chain fullstrut it's all in good fun. There aint nothing like some good LSU OLE MISS trash talk. Although you did start it :stir: :stir: Don't worry you can't hurt my feelings it's just football and I love some trash talk. And I hate to admit it I did pull for LSU the few years they did win it all. It's still the SEC and I have to pull for the SEC even if it is LSU and STATE I will always pull for the SEC. BTW I have been to tiger stadium at night and i was not impressed :o maybe it's because OLE MISS was winning the whole time :rotflol: but like I said we had a blast when we went to Baton Rouge you guys know how to party :ylsuper: Anyway we'll get a little bet up for the OM LSU game later on this year. :) Don't worry we won't be at the bottom for very long and if i recall yall were there not to long ago. BTW I don't think the rednecks from starkville have or ever will beat us like a readheaded stepchild (sorry Jeff)
-John Wayne
nubbs
8 Point

Postby fullstrut12 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:48 pm

Good luck with the season.....until you get eaten up by the tigers!
fullstrut12
8 Point

Postby BigRic » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:26 pm

REBEL'S 1-0 don't dwell on last year it's over. LSU better worry about this year.
LIFE MEMBER of VFW POST 9573
DESERT STORM 90/91

Team 1

To walk the streets of gold.
You got to know the password.
It's "ROLL TIDE ROLL"
BigRic
Pope&Young

Postby fullstrut12 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:40 pm

We do need to worry about Bama, Florida, Georgia, and Auburn. But we will once again have one of the top defenses in the nation, anchored by arguably the best defensive line. Offensively we have a decent receiving core and a good running game. We have to worry about winning the sec championship.
fullstrut12
8 Point

Postby nubbs » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:16 am

We'll see how your defense does without Pellini
-John Wayne
nubbs
8 Point

Postby fullstrut12 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:26 pm

He was certainly a tough loss
fullstrut12
8 Point

Postby nubbs » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:29 pm

Yes he was. I'm REALLY glad he's gone :) :) He will do well for Nebraska.
-John Wayne
nubbs
8 Point

Postby tombstone » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:06 pm

now, I tend to pull for Ole Miss and for anyone that plays state.
First arguing who is better between state and ole miss is simply arguing to see who will end up NEXT TO LAST IN THE SEC. After seeing vandy beat SC last night, some folks in this state better tighten up. ;)

Do any of yall really think any program in MS is better than LSU?????? I am not saying they can't beat LSU because any one can win on a given day, but PLEASE, day in and day out, LSU is light years ahead of either program in the state, at least on a 100 yard field.

I am an SEC fan, I went to lowly DSU and have no ties with either. I will give it to some of you "fans" though, your devotion can make you see anything you want. :stir: :stir: :stir: :stir:
Arise, Kill, and Eat
tombstone
4 Point

Postby nubbs » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:33 pm

Nobody is saying Ole Miss or MSU is better than LSU! :bash: We all know the sucess LSU has had over the last few years. You have to remember there are 3 major schools in the state of MS that fight over recruits. LSU can get just about every recruit in the state with the exception of a few that may get away. If Ole Miss, MSU, and Southern were all combined into one school it would be scary how good they would be. For you to say they are Light years ahead of Ole Miss and MSU on a 100 yard field is kind of a bold statement, but you are entitled to your own opinion. They have dominated both programs of late. Ole Miss and State are on the way back and will make it much more difficult for LSU and the rest of the SEC. I truly don't believe there is a bad team in the SEC. I think anyone can beat anyone on any given day.
-John Wayne
nubbs
8 Point

Postby leepurvis » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:38 pm

nubbs wrote:Nobody is saying Ole Miss or MSU is better than LSU! :bash: We all know the sucess LSU has had over the last few years. You have to remember there are 3 major schools in the state of MS that fight over recruits. LSU can get just about every recruit in the state with the exception of a few that may get away. If Ole Miss, MSU, and Southern were all combined into one school it would be scary how good they would be. For you to say they are Light years ahead of Ole Miss and MSU on a 100 yard field is kind of a bold statement, but you are entitled to your own opinion. They have dominated both programs of late. Ole Miss and State are on the way back and will make it much more difficult for LSU and the rest of the SEC. I truly don't believe there is a bad team in the SEC. I think anyone can beat anyone on any given day.

nubbs, good point, but I believe we're recruiting against at least 6 teams. Take your pick of at least 2 of State, Ole Miss, and Southern, then add in LSU, Bama, Auburn, and then any one of the remaining SEC schools. There are a lot of Mississippi players that go to out of state schools. BTW, last time I heard any statistics, Mississippi had the highest per capita percentage of NFL players.
Lee

"Dear Life, when I said "Can my day get any worse?" it was a rhetorical question not a challenge"- Will Ferrell

“If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.” Thomas Paine
leepurvis
Pope&Young

Postby oldwelder » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:29 pm

Saturdays Games

SOU.MISS AUBURN-17.5
OLE MISS WAKE FOREST-8.5
MISS STATE SE LOUISIANA [no line] pickem game
oldwelder
4 Point

Postby fullstrut12 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:09 pm

Why do you suppose that out of state programs are so much more attractive than in state programs?
fullstrut12
8 Point

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum