Postby nubbs » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:44 am

Sad Day for America
Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne
nubbs
8 Point

Re: 9-11 The Day America Changed

Postby gtk » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:41 am

Yep.. I remember exactly what I was doing. I had just dropped my son off at daycare, and I turned around and went back home & kept my eyes glued to the t.v. all day. I saw the second plane hit while watching the today show..

it was eerie the days following, when there was not a plane in the sky...
gtk
Admin

Postby nubbs » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:46 am

Fox News Showed the replay of the broadcast this morning from 9/11 and it was really hard to watch.
Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne
nubbs
8 Point

Postby jv » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:14 am

Most people can remember what they they were doing when thing like this happens..i was off duty that day and was doing a side job for an old lady when i heard the news so i took the rest of the day off and watched the news. Being a retired firefighter we will always remember the 343 firefighters that lost there lives that day. In total almost 3000 people died.
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby Part Time Hunter » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:17 am

It was an awakening day for America, I hope the fight never comes to American soil again.
help preserve our national blast time.
Part Time Hunter
Non-Typical

Postby tombstone » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:12 pm

I might forget my name, but I don't hink I will ever forget that morning. I sat at work and watched TV. I was pretty sure WWIII was fixing to start. I just could not believe that they came in here and did that. As things unfolded, I was ready for them to push the button on all those arab countries.

I can hardly listen to alan jackson's song, I don't think I could watch the videos now.
Arise, Kill, and Eat
tombstone
4 Point

Postby Taproot » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:23 pm

tombstone wrote:.......I don't think I could watch the videos now.

Don't stop watching them. They still sometimes get me to sobbing to this day, but we don't need to forget nor ignore what happened. Most of the country seems to have forgotten that this even happened.
Taproot
10 Point

Postby tombstone » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:01 pm

Taproot wrote:
tombstone wrote:.......I don't think I could watch the videos now.

Don't stop watching them. They still sometimes get me to sobbing to this day, but we don't need to forget nor ignore what happened. Most of the country seems to have forgotten that this even happened.

I agree, this country has a short memory and no guts.
Arise, Kill, and Eat
tombstone
4 Point

Postby BigRic » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:47 pm

I was a sleep from the graveyard shift. My wife woke me up and I couldn't go back to sleep. When I went back to work that night I was not the only zombie working.
LIFE MEMBER of VFW POST 9573
DESERT STORM 90/91

Team 1

To walk the streets of gold.
You got to know the password.
It's "ROLL TIDE ROLL"
BigRic
Pope&Young

Postby gtk » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:24 am

One thing that amazed me right after, is the instant "Patriotism" that followed. I mean flags were everywhere.. Also, everyone was praying, mentioning God and there was no liberals hollering "you can't say that on TV".. And crimes against fellow people (murder/theft/etc) virtually stopped, at least here in memphis, for a few days..
gtk
Admin

Postby Part Time Hunter » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:59 am

BigRic wrote:I was a sleep from the graveyard shift. My wife woke me up and I couldn't go back to sleep. When I went back to work that night I was not the only zombie working.

Same for me except I did go back to sleep about 20 minutes before the alarm. I do remember going by the Memphis airport to see all the planes on the ground.
help preserve our national blast time.
Part Time Hunter
Non-Typical

Postby Taproot » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:25 pm

I am watching the 911 docmentary (again) as I type. They just showed the first plane hit. Word's can't explain the mood I'm in. If I see one more pathetic political add from Obama or McCain today, I think I may become physically sick. These two political serpents make me want to vomit. It's almost as if 911 never happened. It's the biggest, children's pissing contest and guess who's being pissed on. I hope and pray that mine nor your family members are killed in the next attack. But hey, Fannie Mea and Freddie Mac are safe. Oh yeah Bin Laden, if you're out there, have a good day. Rest assured you're safe and off the short list.
Taproot
10 Point

Return to General Forum