• Advertisement

yote huntin

Whatever you want to discuss

yote huntin

Postby saddaddykiller » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:24 pm

we gittin too many yotes, i have a rabbit distress caller, what else do i need to try and kill some yotes? sounds fun, we have a plot by a creek that i think might work, i was thinkin about even callin from the box stand in that plot...i was lookin at some rabbit critter things that u setup and they move around, do they work? we had a yote last weekend come to the camp while we were eating lunch, was odd to see one that time of day, and then the weekend before, right before dark i was wacthing a rabbit behind the camp feeding, and then a few minutes later i walked outside and heard the rabbit dieing, was loud too...poor wabbit.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
saddaddykiller
Pope&Young

Re: yote huntin

Postby saddaddykiller » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:27 pm

this thing any good??? anyone ever tried it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/EDGE-EXPEDITE-QUIVE ... .m20.l1116
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
saddaddykiller
Pope&Young

Postby saddaddykiller » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:30 pm

anyone?
saddaddykiller
Pope&Young

Postby BigRic » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:40 pm

keep your money and get a yote hunting tape. watch how they hunt and calls they use.
LIFE MEMBER of VFW POST 9573
DESERT STORM 90/91

Team 1

To walk the streets of gold.
You got to know the password.
It's "ROLL TIDE ROLL"
BigRic
Pope&Young

Postby Woodwalker » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:00 pm

I do quite a bit of yote huntin here in NE MS and I've had very good luck with the mojo critter. As far as callin, they all work good on unpressured groups of dogs. Much like deer hunting I urge you to play the wind always. A coyote that has been called to and scared is every bit as elusive as a whitetail. They tend to circle way down wind which is why hunting open areas with a decoy works best. Try using a combination of a dying rabbit call and some type of decoy while using full camo and scent control.(They'll be downwind!)Once they start gettin wise to your calls switch to a yellow hammer or flicker call. If there are any bobcats in your area you should call at least 40 minutes instead of the usual 20 as they tend to respond slower and more to visual aid than a coyote, who is gonna trust his nose.
In the woods or at the lake. Please leave message.
Woodwalker
8 Point

Postby saddaddykiller » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:16 pm

Woodwalker wrote:I do quite a bit of yote huntin here in NE MS and I've had very good luck with the mojo critter. As far as callin, they all work good on unpressured groups of dogs. Much like deer hunting I urge you to play the wind always. A coyote that has been called to and scared is every bit as elusive as a whitetail. They tend to circle way down wind which is why hunting open areas with a decoy works best. Try using a combination of a dying rabbit call and some type of decoy while using full camo and scent control.(They'll be downwind!)Once they start gettin wise to your calls switch to a yellow hammer or flicker call. If there are any bobcats in your area you should call at least 40 minutes instead of the usual 20 as they tend to respond slower and more to visual aid than a coyote, who is gonna trust his nose.

]
thanksssyout meister ill gieve ithat i atry ...iman last season in october them i coudl fthear them cyotes by the hundreds on the creeek athey were eating them fawwqns down the rei guess...theyc love the creek....msusut be a den closeby....eery single evening i woudla hunt there bout 20 minutes before dark rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrffffff rfffff howling their buttts off....onet etime i wa swatching 26 deer and they jsut apicked there ehads up for bouts 20 minutes then wenr tback to fdeeeedding...weird
saddaddykiller
Pope&Young

Postby Woodwalker » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:59 pm

Just tryin to help :?
Woodwalker
8 Point

Postby saddaddykiller » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:10 pm

Woodwalker wrote:Just tryin to help :?

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: sorry just drankin u helped
saddaddykiller
Pope&Young

Postby Woodwalker » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:16 pm

Just proud to get a laugh.

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: Me too.
Woodwalker
8 Point

Return to General Forum