• Advertisement

Let's turn this around!!!

Whatever you want to discuss

Let's turn this around!!!

Postby Smacko » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:40 am

Let's turn this around!!! (It only takes three seconds)

Friends,

PBS has a short video on Sarah Palin on their website. Also included is a poll that asks: Is Sarah Palin qualified to be VP?

I logged on a few minutes ago and 33% percent had voted YES, 67% NO.

Let's turn this around..... You don't have to give your name or email address in order to vote. It's very simple.

Here's the link:

http://www.pbs.org/now/polls/poll-435.html
Smacko
Pope&Young

Re: Let's turn this around!!!

Postby kevin » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:05 am

i went...and voted no. sorry, trying to tell me she is qualified to be VP is like peeing on my leg and telling me its raining.
kevin
4 Point

Postby gtk » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:12 am

its getting closer now..
gtk
Admin

Postby phildaddy » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:13 am

Well Kev, I respect you view but I hope you don't intend to tell us that Obama is qualified to be president cause you would be trying to do number2 on us and telling us the sky is falling.
phildaddy
6 Point

Postby Part Time Hunter » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:22 am

This could get good.
help preserve our national blast time.
Part Time Hunter
Non-Typical

Postby tombstone » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:06 am

kevin wrote:i went...and voted no. sorry, trying to tell me she is qualified to be VP is like peeing on my leg and telling me its raining.

and you think that a man that has been in the senate for 145 days is capable of being president. ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING????? WHAT KIND OF LOGIC IS THAT??????????? She is going to be the VICE NOT THE PRES. She is a governor. The same as Bill Clinton, whom, I am sure you have a shrine to somewhere. There is no reasoning with insanity. Obama could not plan a freakin family reunion. He has NO EXPERIENCE.
What in hell's name gives him the experience to be President. Answer that!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arise, Kill, and Eat
tombstone
4 Point

Postby Scott » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:39 am

kevin wrote:i went...and voted no. sorry, trying to tell me she is qualified to be VP is like peeing on my leg and telling me its raining.

You've made some pretty stupid comments in the past but I'd have to say this tops them all!!! Doesn't surprise me though. Stop drinking the Kool-Aid please! What kind of experience did a governor of Arkansas have back in 1992. A state with a budget and output about 4 times smaller than Alaska. Try again! She was picked as a Vice Presidential candidate. Actually this presidential election race bucks historical trend whereas in the past most presidential candidates were a former governor of a state or they came from the House of Representatives in the U.S. Congress...Senators generally don't have the legislative experience as the former 2 do just becasue of the nature of Senate duties. You can look it up!
Scott
Spike

Postby gtk » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:45 am

Welcome back around Kevin :D
:stir:
gtk
Admin

Postby kevin » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:06 am

ha, there you guys go, i suppose one cant say anything that is not uber republican without it being a direct endorsement of some other candidate. i dont mind gov. palin, i like a lot of her views and i think she is doing a great job in alaska. she would def. be a welcomed change in the white house, but despite all those things i just cant say "she has enough exp. to be VP".

she is no comparison to obama in terms of experience, but hey, they arent running against each other, but for the record his 2 years+(not sure what 145 days is tomb??) of US senator experience give his a VAST amount of experience of how things work as compared to being a gov of alaska.

its also funny how most of the replies here are not supporting of her, more or less just more obama bashing. like i said, i have nothing against here, maybe in 10 years she would be a great vp, but as of now i just feel that she has zero credentials to be a vp.

she has NO foreign policy experience, she was the mayor of a town the size of like marks, MS 2 years ago!! And dont give me that she is the gov. of a state with a huge financial output, those systems were in place long before she got in office and she hasnt had to do much in terms of keeping it going.

i am glad i dont let you guys get me as worked up as i do you, my head might explode. :rotflol:
kevin
4 Point

Postby RoadRanger » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:13 am

Makin a come back!! After my vote its 44% to 55%
RoadRanger
Pope&Young

Postby Scott » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:30 am

kevin wrote:she is no comparison to obama in terms of experience, but hey, they arent running against each other, but for the record his 2 years+(not sure what 145 days is tomb??) of US senator experience give his a VAST amount of experience of how things work as compared to being a gov of alaska.

He has only actually participated in Senate business for 145 days....the rest of the time he has been on the campaign trail. You are flat wrong about a 145 day Senator having more expereince than a sitting Governor of any state. That is just not historically accurate. Name the last US Senator that became President? That's your political niativity talking! Even 20 + year Senators don't fair well in Presidential campaigns...usually. What foreign policy experience has any previous VP candidate had? What foreign policy experience does Obama have? Repeat after me....ZERO!
Scott
Spike

Postby outdoorswoman » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:49 am

come on over and i'd be happy to pee on you ... i mean your leg :livid: :livid: :livid:

your way of thinking just blows my mind ... how could anyone be so liberal
outdoorswoman
10 Point

Postby brewer03 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:58 am

welp with VP Palin being an avid hunter makes her more qualified in my book and as well as her son being a soldier is more than enuff to get my vote
Triple Threat 2015- 2016

Serious Six 2014-2015

Rajun Sardis Bucks
2013-2014 deer hunting champs

life is great the oppurtunity to hunt and fish make it even better
brewer03
Pope&Young

Postby cwilson » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:45 am

carefull outdoorswoman :)

He may like that sort of thing.....

:)
cwilson
4 Point

Postby tombstone » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:53 am

at least something is back to normal :roll: :roll: :rotflol: :rotflol:
Arise, Kill, and Eat
tombstone
4 Point

Postby kevin » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:27 pm

so many good things...where to start...

What foreign policy experience does Obama have? Repeat after me....ZERO!

i guess you have never heard of the senate foreign relations committee... :shock:

Name the last US Senator that became President?

nixon, but he wasnt straight out of the senate, so that would be kennedy as the last to come straight out of the senate. i know how much you guys like him!! :thumbsup:

Seriously, the debate about why senators lose (and lose badly by the way) most of the time in presidential elections is fascinating. However, one must also look at these candidates (bob dole, really??) when guessing why, i sure wont hazard a guess as to why senators, on both sides of the aisle mind you, have such trouble getting into the oval office.

how could anyone be so liberal

if you think i am liberal you need to get off the couch and out of the house a little more. on second thought, maybe you dont, just sit there and think someone with my viewpoint is as bad as it gets, you will sleep better at night, i promise you.

welp with VP Palin being an avid hunter makes her more qualified in my book and as well as her son being a soldier is more than enuff to get my vote

wow, thats comforting, glad to know you take the decision of who you vote for so seriously...hunts: check. son in miltary: check. Vote. :bash:
kevin
4 Point

Postby brewer03 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:09 pm

I take my privilege to vote very seriously and I am a card totin member of the nra. Obama has said that he want to take the guns out of households(all of em)... With Ms Palin being a hunter means she will not be after our rifles....

As far as her son being a soldier means he is fighting to keep ppl like you as well as ppl like me free.... And since there is no draft means he has volunteered for this service....

Has Obama ever served in the military??? welp that argument dont really work because I forgot democrats really dont care about the service. They voted a draft dodge as president before.....
Triple Threat 2015- 2016

Serious Six 2014-2015

Rajun Sardis Bucks
2013-2014 deer hunting champs

life is great the oppurtunity to hunt and fish make it even better
brewer03
Pope&Young

Postby kevin » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:46 pm

Obama has said that he want to take the guns out of households(all of em)...

oh i would LOVE to see where he said that...please....

john mccain said he wants to raise taxes 200%, see how easy that is, just type it and its ture.

Has Obama ever served in the military??? welp that argument dont really work because I forgot democrats really dont care about the service. They voted a draft dodge as president before.....

nope, senator obama never served in the military, and i feel quite certain i saying that had there not been a draft our current president would not have either. you might want to hold off on those dems voted for a draft dodger when i am sure you yourself voted for george w bush, who, IMO is worse than a draft dodger. He didnt have the balls to stand up and say he didnt wanna fight in the war publicly, instead his dad got him a cushy job with the air national guard. i am sure bill clinton wished his dad had the same type of connections and could have gotten him out of going to vietnam, all the while still being considered a "veteran".

however, i can hardly hold it against someone, such as senator obama, who choose pursuing a higher education at harvard over joining the military, the money sure is a lot better!!
kevin
4 Point

Postby jv » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:54 pm

Well i put my vote in for the Gov. and think she will be a great vice pres.

now i'll just set back and enjoy the show :pop:
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby outdoorswoman » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:40 pm

kevin wrote:
how could anyone be so liberal

if you think i am liberal you need to get off the couch and out of the house a little more. on second thought, maybe you dont, just sit there and think someone with my viewpoint is as bad as it gets, you will sleep better at night, i promise you.

i get out of the house every day to support the sorry good for nothing democrats that sit on their picnic tables and drink beer most of the day. i'm not arguing with you anymore over this - it's freaking pointless and not worth my time.
outdoorswoman
10 Point

Postby hungryhuntergirl » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:43 pm

Amen ODW!! :ylsuper:
There is room for all gods creatures right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy!!
hungryhuntergirl
Long-Nosed Nanny

Postby kevin » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:57 pm

i get out of the house every day to support the sorry good for nothing democrats that sit on their picnic tables and drink beer most of the day.

man nobody told me about that part...guess i better leave work and get to it!!!
kevin
4 Point

Postby Morgan » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:32 pm

Well...I wish we had better canidates on each side....but we don't...

I do feel she is qualified to be the vice president....and I think she would be a more active vice president than the last few have been....heck we have had VP with less qualifications than her in the past....and any woman that can raise 5 children and still accomplish what she has is the real deal...

Come November we will put a minority in the White House....my vote will be with the woman....
...Old Timers Gobbler Club...
Morgan
4 Point

Postby BIGERN76 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:36 pm

Well, no offense to any of you but I just can't vote for a guy who will not place his hand over his heart, bow his head in prayer, or wear an American flag pin on his lapel (though I did hear he started wearing the pin under pressure from his advisors). It all SEEMS just a little unAmerican. If he can't show support for the country he is trying to run, then he doesn't need to run it. IMO he is a closet practicing Muslim.
Remington 700/CDL 30-06
2009 Diamond Black Ice
Bear Grizzly

QSMA Pro Staff
BIGERN76
Pope&Young

Postby lugnut » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:56 pm

my .02

i think we all have different views and qualities that we look for in a president. kevin believes that obama supports the same things as he does. you really can't fault the guy for what he thinks is important, he certainly isn't going to vote based on what he thinks is important to everyone else.

i think that alot of the stuff said about obama isn't fact. i also think that alot of the stuff said about mccain and palin are crazy too.

when it comes down to politics you can always say that 1 person has more exsperiance than some other guy but lets face it, none of them are exsperts on everything, and they all have enough exsperiance to land them a job in the senate or congress or as the govenor of a state. i think anyone that knows the system enough to get a job like that is likely more than qualified to be a president or vice president.

what has been going on in the media, i feel, is the thing that gives us a bad name across the world. they should cover the important facts so people like me who are undecided can make an educated decision.

sorry, you don't get any change back :lol:
lugnut
Boone&Crockett

Next

Return to General Forum