• Advertisement

Let's turn this around!!!

Whatever you want to discuss

Re: Let's turn this around!!!

Postby lugnut » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:57 pm

i forgot one other thing;

kevin; when you imply that the national guard doesn't do anything to support wars, your wrong on that one. they pull their weight
lugnut
Boone&Crockett

Postby BIGERN76 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:01 pm

Yea, I'm in the National Guard and have been on more real world deployments than when I was on active duty! :?
Remington 700/CDL 30-06
2009 Diamond Black Ice
Bear Grizzly

QSMA Pro Staff
BIGERN76
Pope&Young

Postby BigRic » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:35 pm

lugnut wrote:i forgot one other thing;

kevin; when you imply that the national guard doesn't do anything to support wars, your wrong on that one. they pull their weight

Yes we pulled our weight. Overseas and at home.. ARNG 21yrs Retired with more Active time with the guard then some AD personal. Combat Vet also. protecting your a@! from the likes of Bin Lading so you can say what you wish with out getting your head cut off. Yes they still behead people over there for saying the wrong things. I have seen every President since I can remember get called every name in the book when they get in office because some people don't get their way no matter if they are Democrat or Republican. Hell why say Palin ain't qulatfied to be VP when the other two ain't got experence being Pres. You learn more hands on then in any book. nuf said.
LIFE MEMBER of VFW POST 9573
DESERT STORM 90/91

Team 1

To walk the streets of gold.
You got to know the password.
It's "ROLL TIDE ROLL"
BigRic
Pope&Young

Postby kevin » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:13 pm

Hey guys, I was in no way trying to say that NG guys don't do anything or pull their weight. We know they do more than their share as evidenced by extended tours going on now. I wasn't trying to diminish your contributions, which are surely more than mine.
kevin
4 Point

Postby dublelung » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:04 pm

V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
I still hate Commies, even after they changed their name to Liberals.
dublelung
Non-Typical

Postby lugnut » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:18 pm

kevin wrote:Hey guys, I was in no way trying to say that NG guys don't do anything or pull their weight. We know they do more than their share as evidenced by extended tours going on now. I wasn't trying to diminish your contributions, which are surely more than mine.

i figured that your statement came across the wrong way to me but you can't ever tell. i work with tons of active duty guys that think that way but our guard and reserve brothers do more than most of us active guys realize.
lugnut
Boone&Crockett

Postby fullstrut12 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:21 am

firstly, let me state that McCain/Palin have my vote

Now, the fact that someone is voting for Obama does not make them a raging liberal. I have many friends who are ultra conservative, though somewhat politically apathetic, that are going to vote for Obama. The difference is in the issues that an individual feels is important. For me those issues are 2nd amendment, Roe vs. Wade, energy, Iraq....along with other issues. I cannot criticize someone who differs in opinion with me, because who is to say that I am completely right. Certain issues I will not budge on and cannot be convinced otherwise, particularly concerning abortion and 2nd amendment.

Kev., though we disagree I appreciate your ability to hold your own and willingness to remain steadfast on your position in this environment that is so hostile toward an adverse opinion. You are one of the few i've seen on this thread who has given a calm, thoughtful response that is mostly void of emotional pleas, and regurgitated propaganda.
fullstrut12
8 Point

Postby razrback » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:35 am

Y'all could quit all this bickering if you just put me in office. :lol:

Niether one of the candidates are going to do what they say they are going to do. Politics are no more than car salesman they will say anything to get you to buy or should I say vote. Give me a good ole country boy that doesn't feel he has to be part of a party and I would vote for him any day of the week.

Folks really get too heated over politics especially when everyone knows that politicians lie through their teeth. I don't know what to think of the nominees, I'm sure that one is better than the other but if you believe they are going to come through on any of their promises then I've got some ocean front property in Arizonia. :2TU:
"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic."
- Ted Nugent
razrback
6 Point

Postby gtk » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:51 am

razrback wrote:Niether one of the candidates are going to do what they say they are going to do. Politics are no more than car salesman they will say anything to get you to buy or should I say vote. Give me a good ole country boy that doesn't feel he has to be part of a party and I would vote for him any day of the week.

Folks really get too heated over politics especially when everyone knows that politicians lie through their teeth. I don't know what to think of the nominees, I'm sure that one is better than the other but if you believe they are going to come through on any of their promises then I've got some ocean front property in Arizonia. :2TU:

Exactly.. Here is a "verse for the day" I got in email..

Don't put your confidence in powerful people;
there is no help for you there.
When they breathe their last, they return to the earth,
and all their plans die with them.
But joyful are those who have the God of Israel as their helper,
whose hope is in the LORD their God.
He made heaven and earth,
the sea, and everything in them.
He keeps every promise forever.
He gives justice to the oppressed
and food to the hungry.
The LORD frees the prisoners.
The LORD opens the eyes of the blind.
The LORD lifts up those who are weighed down.
The LORD loves the godly.
The LORD protects the foreigners among us.
He cares for the orphans and widows,
but he frustrates the plans of the wicked.
The LORD will reign forever.

Psalm 146:3–10
gtk
Admin

Postby Scott » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:21 pm

Well I’ll call a spade a spade. Anybody that says Sarah Palin is not qualified to be Vice President is pretty dang politically ignorant and I could say worse but I’ll hold back. It aint even a matter of opinion. There should be no debate. I find it highly ironic that the messiah and his minions are hollering that Palin has no qualifications for Vice President when he ought to be answering questions from the media about his own qualifications to be President. Of course our media is in the tank for Nobama and by dang the only candidate that’ll face scrutiny from the majority of the media will be McCain/Palin. Anybody out there that doubts the media is in the tank for Nobama I ask you to go spend a little time over at Newsbusters.org. You’ll be shocked. Why won’t the media (besides talk radio) ask Nobama about all his shady ties to corrupt individuals like Rezko and Ayers? There are plenty more. Yet they sympathize with the hackers that broke into Palins private e-mail account. The media’s hypocrisy knows no bounds during presidential election season. I think people should get emotional about the media attacking Palin’s family and about some of the other lies they are spreading about her daughter. Why are only conservative women open to blind assaults from the media? The MSM wouldn’t attack any woman on the left I can about guarantee you that (unless they turned on other Libs like the Rothschild woman did yesterday in endorsing McCain.)

Yeah I guess my post is just regurgitated propaganda! Well good!

It doesn’t bother me a bit that folks get emotional over a presidential election…Especially one as important as this one.

Here’s a good one I found today:

Subject: Who Am I?
I am under 45years old,
I love the outdoors,
I hunt,
I am a Republican reformer,
I have taken on the Republican Party establishment,
I have many children,
I have a spot on the national ticket as vice president with less than two years in the governor's office.
Have you ever heard of me before now?
I am Theodore Roosevelt.
Scott
Spike

Postby kevin » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:37 pm

walk softly and carry a big stick.

a great idea that would apply even in todays world. teddy was always my favorite of the old presidents to study.
kevin
4 Point

Postby kevin » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:44 pm

I ask you to go spend a little time over at Newsbusters.org.

haha, come on now man, i am not saying certain networks (msnbc & fox) arent one sided, but newsbusters.org has been taken to task many tims for selective memory. They were started and funded by conservative groups. They are far from the middle ground. I doubt a truely non-biased media source exists these days. I try and get a nice mix, and i like factcheck.org the most, they are non-profit and not funded by any groups affiliated with political parties, corporations or lobbying groups.
kevin
4 Point

Postby fullstrut12 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:46 pm

If we are going to use Teddy Rex quotes, lets go with a couple of these "if I must choose between righteousness and peace, I choose righteousness" and "it is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out where the strong man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done them better; the credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, who's face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who at best knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid who never knew victory nor defeat".

I think these quotes are more descriptive of McCain. No, he's not perfect, but he has the scars to show for his efforts. He has been tried in the face of adversity.

Your reference to the "big stick" proverb is actually "speak softly and carry a big stick" which originated in an african proverb. I don't know that Obama would use a big stick when a threat is immanent, which is essential to that proverb that was adopted by Roosevelt.
fullstrut12
8 Point

Postby Scott » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:18 pm

The same factcheck that disputed Palins "Alaska provides 20% percent of US oil". Actually she was right. Percentage wise over the last several decades averaged out she was absolutely correct.

Newsbusters is not the same deal as factcheck.org and they've never claimed to be.

"Welcome to NewsBusters, a project of the Media Research Center (MRC), the leader in documenting, exposing and neutralizing liberal media bias.

In August of 2005, with the guidance of Matthew Sheffield and Greg Sheffield, the creators of RatherBiased.com, the MRC launched the NewsBusters blog to provide immediate exposure of liberal media bias, insightful analysis, constructive criticism and timely corrections to news media reporting."

Their mission is to point out liberal media bias not necessarily factcheck candiates and what they say. Them being non-biased has nothing to do with anything. I challenge you to go join their forums and talk like you do here so you can get your clock cleaned by some very intelligent people that post over there.

What conservative group started Newsbusters. I think your thinking of media matters that was started by the Clintons and Geroge Soros. Try again!

Lets have some fun and quote Nobama - how about where he said "it is above my pay grade" when asked about when he believed life began. That is a laugher and anybody that knows anything about politics will admit that no other presidiential candidate in the last 25 years would have gotten away with such a stupid answer as that. Ridiculous! What liberal media!?

kevin wrote:
I ask you to go spend a little time over at Newsbusters.org.

haha, come on now man, i am not saying certain networks (msnbc & fox) arent one sided, but newsbusters.org has been taken to task many tims for selective memory. They were started and funded by conservative groups. They are far from the middle ground. I doubt a truely non-biased media source exists these days. I try and get a nice mix, and i like factcheck.org the most, they are non-profit and not funded by any groups affiliated with political parties, corporations or lobbying groups.
Scott
Spike

Previous

Return to General Forum