SOU.MS -8 1/2 MARSHALL
TENN. FLORIDA - 7 1/2
LSU -3 AUBURN
ALABAMA -9 1/2 ARKANSAS
oldwelder
4 Point

Re: SATURDAYS GAMES

Postby kevin » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:14 am

state vs tech could be good, a real test for both teams if they have bowl aspirations.

and i think tenn is gonna need more than 7.5 pts!!!
kevin
4 Point

Postby Limb Hangers » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:27 am

GA Tech 20
MSU 13

Ole Miss 27
Vandy 24

Little Sister 34
Marshall 24

Florida 31
UT 21

LSU 20
Auburn 14
Limb Hangers
Spike

Postby saddaddykiller » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:18 am

lsu=24
auburn=3
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
saddaddykiller
Pope&Young

Postby fullstrut12 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:27 pm

i'm gonna be at the LSU VS Auburn game. It will continue to be a low scoring game IMO. With lsu's quarterback situation and auburns rush defense I don't know that LSU will put many points on the board; however, i do think the tigers will outscore auburn due to auburn's lack of offense.

LSU 13
AU 3
fullstrut12
8 Point

Postby Part Time Hunter » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:30 pm

I'll be at the Ole Miss game but I'm afraid to predict anything.
help preserve our national blast time.
Part Time Hunter
Non-Typical

Postby fullstrut12 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:53 pm

Ole Miss game will be a tough one to call. Vandy is looking pretty good. If the rebs can stop the contain the receivers then they should be fine.....i may be misremembering, but it seemed like their corners had a little trouble.
fullstrut12
8 Point

Postby WGbuckfever » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:50 am

OLE MISS 20

VANDY 17
WGbuckfever
Boone&Crockett

Postby RoadRanger » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:51 pm

Please dont talk about my dawgs.. I am in shock
RoadRanger
Pope&Young

Postby leepurvis » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:08 pm

RoadRanger wrote:Please dont talk about my dawgs.. I am in shock

Our offense is pathetic. Not sure what happened with the defense this game, but the coaching staff has to do something.
Lee

"Dear Life, when I said "Can my day get any worse?" it was a rhetorical question not a challenge"- Will Ferrell

“If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.” Thomas Paine
leepurvis
Pope&Young

Postby oldwelder » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:12 pm

MSU 7 GA.TECH 38
OLE MISS 17 VANDERBUILT 23
SOU. MS 27 MARSHELL 34
ALABAMA 49 ARKANSAS 14
LSU 26 AUBURN 21
oldwelder
4 Point

Postby sawtooth » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:33 pm

Boy howdy those Mississippi schools are burning it up.

My compliments to the 2007 SEC coach of the year for yet another outstanding loss.

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
sawtooth
Spike

Postby sawtooth » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:34 pm

kevin wrote:state vs tech could be good, a real test for both teams if they have bowl aspirations.

Toilet bowl maybe.
sawtooth
Spike

Postby oldwelder » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:17 pm

Sawtooth, yes we have the 2007 SEC Coach of the year, I hope we don't have him next year.
oldwelder
4 Point

Postby kevin » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:21 am

sawtooth wrote:
kevin wrote:state vs tech could be good, a real test for both teams if they have bowl aspirations.

Toilet bowl maybe.

well GA. Tech proved they are bowl worthy. They could be a real sleeper team, they should have beaten va tech. a craptastic call cost them that one. I wouldnt be surprised to see them in the ACC championship game.

MS state sucks, offense is terrible, i mean, maybe the worst i have ever seen.

Ole miss cant keep from shooting themselves in the foot. you always hear people talk about learning how to win games, and thats something the rebs have forgotten to do after all those years with coach flintstone, hopefully we can get it turned around.
kevin
4 Point

Postby iveygun3 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:59 pm

And The Gators put a whoopin on the Vols.
Sec championship game will be Gators vs. Tigers.

What out for Vandy though, they must have finally woke up after 20 years.
MSU needs to wake up
two words for OleMiss "Gorilla Glue"
"I am a Glock-O-Holic no intervention needed." Iveygun3
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
Thomas Jefferson
iveygun3
Charter Member

Postby razrback » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:48 am

Arkansas needs to wake up as well.

I know they are young, but damn I've seen Pee Wee leagues play better.

I am sure that I am the only Arkansas fan on this site. So feel free to poke fun, everyone else that I know in this state does.

However there is one improvement that Arkansas has made this year NO HUSTON NUTT! :ylsuper:

All Ole Miss thought he was going to be thier salvation. Eventually he might get them to a bowl game, but here are some things about Nutt that Reb fans need to know:

He doesn't know how to manage a time clock.
The only plays that he thinks are brillant and you wil see him run them more and more will be out of the Wild Rebel formation, previously known as the Wildcat formation. Which he stole from the Arkansas offensive coordinator at Arkansas.
Anywhoo, he makes some bad decisions at critical times.

Maybe he will change at Ole Miss, I'm just glad we don't have him anymore.
"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic."
- Ted Nugent
razrback
6 Point

Postby kevin » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:54 am

only arky people can complain when they are about to go 2-whatever after they lose the rest of their games. :stir:

meanwhile, as far as coaching goes we have been in position to have won every single one of our games, they were lost by player error, very little to do with coaching there.

and i dont think he "stole" the idea of the direct snap. i love how people assume the guy that used to be at arky invented it, the direct snap was around LONG before that guy rolled into town, i assure you.
kevin
4 Point

Postby nubbs » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:59 am

razrback wrote:Arkansas needs to wake up as well.

I know they are young, but damn I've seen Pee Wee leagues play better.

I am sure that I am the only Arkansas fan on this site. So feel free to poke fun, everyone else that I know in this state does.

However there is one improvement that Arkansas has made this year NO HUSTON NUTT! :ylsuper:

All Ole Miss thought he was going to be thier salvation. Eventually he might get them to a bowl game, but here are some things about Nutt that Reb fans need to know:

He doesn't know how to manage a time clock.
The only plays that he thinks are brillant and you wil see him run them more and more will be out of the Wild Rebel formation, previously known as the Wildcat formation. Which he stole from the Arkansas offensive coordinator at Arkansas.
Anywhoo, he makes some bad decisions at critical times.

Maybe he will change at Ole Miss, I'm just glad we don't have him anymore.

I'm glad you don't have Houston anymore as well. We are glad to have him in Oxford. Houston is not the one fumbling the ball nor he's not the the one throwing picks. Once we quit making mistakes we will be just fine. He is a good coach and wether or not Arkansas will miss him only time will tell. However I don't think you improved by hiring Petrino, he may prove me wrong but I doubt it. He may have done well at Louisville but let's face it that's not the SEC. Nutt's already proven he can win in the SEC. I hope it works out for both schools. I think it was time for Nutt to leave Arkansas just like I think it's time for Fulmer to get out of UT.
Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne
nubbs
8 Point

Postby razrback » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:14 am

kevin wrote:only arky people can complain when they are about to go 2-whatever after they lose the rest of their games. :stir:

meanwhile, as far as coaching goes we have been in position to have won every single one of our games, they were lost by player error, very little to do with coaching there.

and i dont think he "stole" the idea of the direct snap. i love how people assume the guy that used to be at arky invented it, the direct snap was around LONG before that guy rolled into town, i assure you.

I'm not talking about the direct snap, I'm talking about all the smoke and mirrors that he has to use like to the qb and putting him at wr and who knows where the hell the tb's will be, heck he might even have the water boy in to qb. I think if you have to use this type of offensive over and over (which he did at Arkansas) it only shows your weakness of fundamental foot ball.

I hope he is a good fit at Ole Miss...considering I'm a MSU. :W:
"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic."
- Ted Nugent
razrback
6 Point

Return to General Forum