• Advertisement

the war in iraq

Whatever you want to discuss

the war in iraq

Postby lugnut » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:33 pm

i got into a huge debate about this with some civilian buddies. i totally support the war. this is where i have many problems with obama supporters. they have many thoughts as to why and how this war was started and i even have people who have never been to iraq tell me that the people of iraq don't want us there.

i'm just wondering what you guys think about it and WHY you think the way you do.

this is kind of directed to folks that think the war was a mistake. i'm still interested in hearing what those of you who are for the war think too though.
lugnut
Boone&Crockett

Re: the war in iraq

Postby BIGERN76 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:39 pm

I think we did the right thing, I just don't like the way it was done. I will support my Commander and Cheif. However, in the first gulf war most everything was done from the air. This resulted in far less military casualties. I think it should have been the same with this war. With such a strong Air Force, there was no reason to put people in harms way just to flex the ground muscle. IMO.
:?
Remington 700/CDL 30-06
2009 Diamond Black Ice
Bear Grizzly

QSMA Pro Staff
BIGERN76
Pope&Young

Postby lugnut » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:44 pm

i will agree to that the way things were done were questionable.

i don't think we would ever be as far as we are now without boots on the ground though. i think if iraqs army would have over thrown the iraq government with our help from the air then we wouldn't have needed to put boots on the ground. the air power that we have is just an aid to people on the ground. i don't think we will ever win a war solely based on air power alone.
lugnut
Boone&Crockett

Postby BIGERN76 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:46 pm

Yea, we have to show a presence but strong air attacks first would have made things alot safer for our ground poundin bretheren.
Remington 700/CDL 30-06
2009 Diamond Black Ice
Bear Grizzly

QSMA Pro Staff
BIGERN76
Pope&Young

Postby lugnut » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:52 pm

i think we were doomed either way. i remember one of the speaches that sadam gave before we attacked. he said in not so many words that he was going to fight us with his military until the us gained the upperhand then he would cast his soldiers into the street as civilians and fight us gorilla warfare style. the reason he did that is because the american people would not stand for a long drawn out war and he knew that if he drug it out that we may win by numbers but he would win the political battle. we all know that's what counts now days
lugnut
Boone&Crockett

Postby Taproot » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:18 pm

I hate it, but I didn't realize there was a war going on in Iraq. My bad. The last I heard, Barack and Sarah were not qualified for the positions they were applying for and I also heard that one is a closet Hindu and the other is a recovering Methodist. Sorry I missed the Iraq war, 9-1-1 and the more recent, sickening corporate bailouts. Oh yeah, have a nice day Bin Laden! Currently, there are several CEOs that would love to just "ruff it" and hang out. You know.......just be one of the guys.
Taproot
10 Point

Return to General Forum