• Advertisement

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

Whatever you want to discuss

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

Postby fullstrut12 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:32 pm

Well, it was worth the drive. I must say I was a bit disappointed in the Auburn fans. They were more sedate than I'm used to, and they have got to decide who they are! Are they war eagles, tigers, or plainsmen? Anyway, it was a good sec matchup.

What happened to the Rebels? I thought this was the comeback year!
fullstrut12
8 Point

Re: GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

Postby sawtooth » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:46 pm

Great game. I was really glad to see Lee come around in the second half.

Ole Miss has not had a good team since integration. Maybe why the local talent (Chris Garrett) is heading south of the border to play for a real team.

http://louisianastate.scout.com/a.z?s=1 ... id=2592130
sawtooth
Spike

Postby fullstrut12 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:22 pm

Auburn really exposed our weaknesses. They have got to address the pass defense. There were a lot of blown coverages. The D line really stepped up the second half and put pressure on Auburns QB. Special teams need to work on one essential thing......catch the freakin ball! Holliday was thinking about the endzone before he caught the ball.

Lee def. looked better and showed his resilience after throwing the interception that the former tightend returned for a touchdown. He does seem to have a better arm, he just needs experience. I'd like to see them settle on one QB and let him get most of the snaps in practice. We don't need a superstar QB, we just need a game manager that makes good decisions.
fullstrut12
8 Point

Postby outdoorswoman » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:00 am

fullstrut12 wrote:Well, it was worth the drive. I must say I was a bit disappointed in the Auburn fans. They were more sedate than I'm used to, and they have got to decide who they are! Are they war eagles, tigers, or plainsmen? Anyway, it was a good sec matchup.

What happened to the Rebels? I thought this was the comeback year!

I'm not a fan of LSU or Auburn but I was pulling for LSU.

I went to the Auburn/Ole Miss game right after Tubs left and we beat them at Auburn. On the way out some old man said "well just wait until Alabama get's a hold of y'all" ... so they could be closet elephants
outdoorswoman
10 Point

Postby iveygun3 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:01 pm

WTG Tigers. They had to play for that win.
"I am a Glock-O-Holic no intervention needed." Iveygun3
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
Thomas Jefferson
iveygun3
Charter Member

Postby fullstrut12 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:10 am

They certainly did, this weekend against MSU for homecoming is going to be good practice for, hopefully, Lee. The real tests are yet to come. There is going to need to be a lot of improvement to beat Georgia, and Florida in Gainsville. Bama will be no pushover either.
fullstrut12
8 Point

Postby kevin » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:17 am

fullstrut12 wrote:They certainly did, this weekend against MSU for homecoming is going to be good practice for, hopefully, Lee. The real tests are yet to come. There is going to need to be a lot of improvement to beat Georgia, and Florida in Gainsville. Bama will be no pushover either.

yeah, i can def. see the tigers losing all 3 of those games, but heck at the same time i can see them winning all 3. The auburn game is hard to measure b/c i am just not so sure how good auburn is.

THe georgia/alabama game this weekend is gonna be AWESOME. I dont like the tide by any means, but the football world just seems more "right" when they are winning. Also, this year i dont think you can say the east >> west as you could have in years past when really LSU was the only contender in the division.

Oh and how awesome would it be if arky lost the rest of their games, Woo pis soiee. :oops:
kevin
4 Point

Postby fullstrut12 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:00 am

Alabama is a contender in the west at this point. I think Auburn is going to continue to get better. Their offense opened up against LSU. I think they were looking ahead when they played MSU. I certainly don't think it was such a close game because State's defense is better than LSU defense.

I think Florida is the team to beat in the East. Georgia is getting back in a groove, but I just think Florida is the team.
fullstrut12
8 Point

Postby dublelung » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:24 pm

I like Auburn and LSU but was pulling for Auburn on this one. It was a good game and I agree, thier offense is only gonna get better. I'm just ready for somebody to put a whoopin' on the tide. I work with a bunch of thier fans and it's getting difficult to say the least. Maybe Georgia will tame the elephant turds down this weekend.
I still hate Commies, even after they changed their name to Liberals.
dublelung
Non-Typical

Postby Rajun cajun » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:17 pm

My two favorite teams are:

1) LSU

2) Who ever is whooping up on the TIDE!

:D
Rajun cajun
Pope&Young

Postby kevin » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:21 pm

the tide (and saban) are gonna roll in and kick some tiger tail this year. :stir:
kevin
4 Point

Postby Rajun cajun » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:23 pm

Never know........... on any given Saturday in the SEC..anything can happen!

I think the Tigers will have some pachaderm steaks on the grill after the game!

:D :D :D
Rajun cajun
Pope&Young

Postby fullstrut12 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:14 pm

The bama game is gonna be a barn burner in my opinion. Emotions will be high, but LSU has more talent....and it is in baton rouge. Though Bama has done well in Tiger Stadium.

Hot boudin, cold cous-cous, come on tigers poosh, poosh, poosh!
fullstrut12
8 Point

Postby nubbs » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:53 am

I've figured out the team that my Rebs can beat every week.............themselves!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflol:

If we ever decide to play a game without making mistakes we can play with anybody.

Mark my word we will play FLA close this weekend!!!!!!!

BTW Strutt your Tigers will win the west no problem if they can get by Bama which I think they will. Much as I hate to admit it because I can't stand the guy Les Miles is probably the best coach in the country.
Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne
nubbs
8 Point

Postby fullstrut12 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:31 pm

Nubbs, you are seeing the light. Though i'm not sure Miles is the best coach in the country, he does play to win.

Concerning your remark about the rebs playing mistake free football, if any team played mistake free football they could play with anybody. If LSU played mistake free football there would be not competition, if MSU played mistake free football then they could play with anyone too. We could extend that kind of hypothetical to every team in the country, but it will never be reality. I'm not into "what ifs", I prefer what "is".
fullstrut12
8 Point

Postby nubbs » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:45 pm

I don't see many teams making the mistakes we are making or I should say when we're making them. I know everyone could play with everyone without mistakes, but fumbling on the 1yd line when you're about to win the game or throwing a pick 6 when you just made a big play etc.... :bash: :bash:

I'm not trying to be into "what ifs" either but it is what it is. We're a much improved team regardless.

I'll be watching your tigers saturday night, don't whip up on the ole Croomster to bad :)
Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne
nubbs
8 Point

Postby chadbragg » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:57 pm

"GO" is such an easy word why must the cajuns change it. I'm working in LA now and have never understood this!!!!
TEAM Rack Stackers aka THE WINNERS!!!
chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby Rajun cajun » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:32 pm

Because half the names in LA have "eaux" on the end.......

like Thibodeaux, Boudreaux, My dog Phideaux (who used to be a gator before I cut his tail off and painted him yellow)

So Geaux is the proper way to say "go" down here.
Rajun cajun
Pope&Young

Postby chadbragg » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:06 pm

Yeah I know, I'm working in Lacombe. I've worked from Cameron to MRGO!!! So I know how ya'll can mess up some names!!!
TEAM Rack Stackers aka THE WINNERS!!!
chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby oldwelder » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:44 pm

nubbs, yes there is another team making mistakes its MSU a 3-2 score tops it all, that game was bad for .MSU and AUBURN.
oldwelder
4 Point

Return to General Forum