• Advertisement

Debate...

Whatever you want to discuss

Debate...

Postby Taproot » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:38 pm

I'm actually doing a quick session with the head of local security tonight and got some scoop. Apparently Schwarzenegger, Couric (gag) and Winfrey showed up this morning. I guess it's time to get this party started. My wife and one of her gal pals are planning to tailgate the debate. Goofs! :lol:
Taproot
10 Point

Re: Debate...

Postby hungryhuntergirl » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:27 pm

I guess obama is still gonna be there but it looks like mccain may not make it...
There is room for all gods creatures right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy!!
hungryhuntergirl
Long-Nosed Nanny

Postby kevin » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:52 pm

hungryhuntergirl wrote:I guess obama is still gonna be there but it looks like mccain may not make it...

he will be there, but i wouldnt be that excited either if i knew i was about to have my arse handed to me. What a joke, cancel the debate...get real. they had years to solve the economy problems and now he cant spare 2 hours??

tell you what, he can work till 5, board a plane, be here by 8, debate, then board another plane and be back and in bed and ready for the next day of work. :smash:
kevin
4 Point

Postby Taproot » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:23 pm

I'll tell you what fellas. I'm one of those evil "undecided voters" and McCain just went down about 15 notches on my political ladder. I'm completely against this bailout as it stands, anyway. I've said from the get-go that neither candidate give a rat's ass about the general population and McCain just showed his true colors. I have to give props where they are due to Obama. This debate is all about the people and now is more important than ever to have it. I've been in a pissed off/weird/bad mood since the 911 anniversary and this has sent me over the top. :livid:
Taproot
10 Point

Postby Smacko » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:58 am

Taproot wrote:I'll tell you what fellas. I'm one of those evil "undecided voters" and McCain just went down about 15 notches on my political ladder. I'm completely against this bailout as it stands, anyway. I've said from the get-go that neither candidate give a rat's ass about the general population and McCain just showed his true colors. I have to give props where they are due to Obama. This debate is all about the people and now is more important than ever to have it. I've been in a pissed off/weird/bad mood since the 911 anniversary and this has sent me over the top. :livid:

If the President ask you to come to the White House, then you really need to be there. If Obama does not show up after being requested by the President, then McCain will go after him on that during the campaign.
I believe BOTH need to be in Washington since this is very important to the economy. Debates can be rescheduled.
Just my 2 cents....
Smacko
Pope&Young

Postby Taproot » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:36 am

This isn't just about the debate by a long shot. This is the straw for me. This BS bailout is nothing more than bail money for crooks and snakes on Wall Street AND in Washington. I don't see how anyone can see this as a blessing to themselves. This country has become unbelievably corrupt and infected, politically and socially. At this point, it is beyond any politician's control and it's only gonna get worse if this goes through.

I've been thinking about this, actually for some time now. A complete financial meltdown, to make the Great Depression look like a cakewalk, may be just the thing to bring this country around. This event helped produce the greatest generation on Earth. My Grandparents, as young adults and teens and my Great Grandparents made it through. Only to flourish in life.

I don't purport to be as strong as my predecessors, but I could weather it and the whining mongrels that dangle from the tit of this country would be forced to accept personal responsibility, or die. Some of the criminals that caused this mess would most likely take care off themselves by murder within or suicide. Thin the herd and natural selection would take it's course and right itself over time.

Then congress would enact regulations to ensure that his never happened again. Then over the course of the next 60-70 years, we can gradually become more and more corrupt again and slowly erode the regs to benefit Wall Street. Then we can have this dance all over again. :bash:

I am pissed beyond belief! :livid:
Taproot
10 Point

Postby kevin » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:38 am

ha ha, that would make sense except for W asked them to the white house TONIGHT. I feel certain they could make it back in time.

Furthermore, i am glad is so concerend that he is going to not campaign and work hard blah blah blah, but i turn on the TV this morning and what do i see, him talking at a press conference.... :?
kevin
4 Point

Postby Scott » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:38 am

McCain only wants to POSTPONE the debate not cancel it!

According to some polls I am seeing the top voter concern right now is the economy. So how is it a negative thing that McCain wants to only postpone the debate so they can take care of the job he was elected to do as Senator? It's called leadership...something the "empty suit" knows nothing about! Is this an important issue or is it not? I'd say it is important but at the same time it is a bunch of crap because Congress is mostly to blame anyway.

The only way "the messiah" will hand McCain "his arse" is if he knows the questions ahead of time and has his teleprompter at the ready. The closest they've come to a debate this year has been the Saddleback Church forum and The Empty Suit made a dang fool out of himself. Only a liberal Democrap can get away with giving such an answer as "it's above my paygrade" to a very serious question. What a fool! McCain is certainly not afraid of debating The Empty Suit! He has challenged him to weekly townhall debates a couple of months ago but was turned down. So who's been running from whom?

I'm sorry but if you are an ADULT in the USA and you are undecided at this time in whom you will vote for in this presidential election...well you may need to just sit this one out! McCain may well not be my ideal conservative candidate for Pres. but there is a VAST difference in he and The Empty Suit!

The Supreme Court decision back in July on gun control that was decided by a 5-4 vote (in our favor) is enough for me to make sure we don't have the chance for the messiah to put one of his leftist minions on that said Supreme Court!
Scott
Spike

Postby Scott » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:45 am

Surely these banks and the banking industry would know that a NINJA loan/mortgage is bad business. So why would they give them out....only if Congress had put a gun to their head and that is effectively what happened!
Same deal with the USDA loans to "poor" farmers...when they declined them because they would have been bad for business what happens...The gov't sues them and makes them pay a HUGE settlement.
Scott
Spike

Postby sawtooth » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:03 am

With 80% of the population against the bail out I am certain Congress will ok it.

Wonder if their decision may be based on the large amount of money the banking industry donates to their campaigns each year.

Time for the fed to quit bailing people and businesses out every time they make a bad decision.
sawtooth
Spike

Postby Taproot » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:06 am

Scott wrote:I'm sorry but if you are an ADULT in the USA and you are undecided at this time in whom you will vote for in this presidential election...well you may need to just sit this one out!

In every election, past, present and future, I will remain undecided all the way until I pull the handle or hit "submit" on the voting screen. Nobody gets an open pass from me. Politically or otherwise. That's why I generally try to stay out of political discussions, sometimes to no avail. Because much like religious discussions, it's nobody's business but my own and I really don't give a **** what anyone thinks about it. It's the one thing I truly own.
Taproot
10 Point

Postby Taproot » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:07 am

sawtooth wrote:With 80% of the population against the bail out I am certain Congress will ok it.

Thank you.
Taproot
10 Point

Postby Scott » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:14 am

First of all the "Fed" and the rest of the gov't needs to quit sticking their nose into places it doesn't belong in the first place. They should never have been able or allowed to force the banking industry to hand out NINJA loans.
Scott
Spike

Postby Scott » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:21 am

I don't think any candidate for Pres. should get a "free pass" either but last I heard the election is getting kinda close at hand.
Scott
Spike

Postby Taproot » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:30 am

Scott wrote:First of all the "Fed" and the rest of the gov't needs to quit sticking their nose into places it doesn't belong in the first place. They should never have been able or allowed to force the banking industry to hand out NINJA loans.

Just as it was said about the Great Depression, "This didn't happen by accident". This is more of a conclusion than a crisis.
Taproot
10 Point

Postby swamprooster » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:38 am

Do both of them still draw a paycheck for being senators? If so, They should get there butts back to work. That is if they ever did anything to help in the first place. :( situation!
swamprooster
button buck

Postby kevin » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:43 am

According to some polls I am seeing the top voter concern right now is the economy. So how is it a negative thing that McCain wants to only postpone the debate so they can take care of the job he was elected to do as Senator? It's called leadership...something the "empty suit" knows nothing about! Is this an important issue or is it not? I'd say it is important but at the same time it is a bunch of crap because Congress is mostly to blame anyway.

ha i knew people would come back with this, and you wanna talk about empty. Man he can work all he wants, fly in for the debate, fly back that night, no biggie.

i would say its a very important issue, either 1 or 2 behind our foreign policy issues.

The fact is neither of them serves on the major committees trying to hammer this thing out, so they can easily be called back for a vote and make it on time. otherwise, they can do what they would do in washington (sit in their offices, have tele conferences) right here in oxford.

the whole thing is bogus, he WILL be here friday night regardless. its a calculated political move,we will see how it turns out.

i know this board is one of the most hard core conservative p9laces i visit, but other people i know who are die hard mccain voters are really scratching their heads on this one.
kevin
4 Point

Postby Scott » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:44 am

Taproot wrote:
Scott wrote:First of all the "Fed" and the rest of the gov't needs to quit sticking their nose into places it doesn't belong in the first place. They should never have been able or allowed to force the banking industry to hand out NINJA loans.

Just as it was said about the Great Depression, "This didn't happen by accident". This is more of a conclusion than a crisis.

No doubt about it! When the gov't forces it's will (Communites Reinvestment Act) on the private banking industry it is a recipe for disaster. This has happend before in the S&L industry and will happen again as long as the gov't mandates who the banks can loan money to ie NINJA loans.

The bottom line here about the debates is there is no evidence to suggest that McCain has any fear whatsoever of The Empty Suit. He has challenged him all summer to debates at townhall meetings all across the country and Obammy turned him down!
Scott
Spike

Postby Scott » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:50 am

kevin wrote:

ha i knew people would come back with this, and you wanna talk about empty. Man he can work all he wants, fly in for the debate, fly back that night, no biggie.

i would say its a very important issue, either 1 or 2 behind our foreign policy issues.

The fact is neither of them serves on the major committees trying to hammer this thing out, so they can easily be called back for a vote and make it on time. otherwise, they can do what they would do in washington (sit in their offices, have tele conferences) right here in oxford.

the whole thing is bogus, he WILL be here friday night regardless. its a calculated political move,we will see how it turns out.

i know this board is one of the most hard core conservative p9laces i visit, but other people i know who are die hard mccain voters are really scratching their heads on this one.

A lot of it has to do with perceptions. McCain miscalculated on the perception deal in all this. He thought he would be seen as a strong leader if he went back to Washington to do an important job...you know the one he was elected to do...but only in this day and time is it seen as some type of weakness or that he is somehow scared of The Empty Suit. I bet if the shoe was on the other foot.....

He only wanted to POSTPONE the debate! The empty suit is the one that is running away....he's running away from this bill so he doesn't get tied to the votes on it in any way at all! This is about leadership! IS this a crisis or is it NOT?
Scott
Spike

Postby Taproot » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:50 am

kevin wrote:

I agree on both points. I see it as a slap in the face.
Taproot
10 Point

Postby kevin » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:55 am

The empty suit is the one that is running away....he's running away from this bill so he doesn't get tied to the votes on it in any way at all!

this i will agree with, obama is hesitant to be associated with this bill b/c its going to be EXTREMELY unpopular in whatever form its passed in. Maybe mccain thinks he can come out with a proposal that is nice looking in the publics eyes and if so, he will come out rosey for sure. but i just cant see it happening, the publics perception of this crisis is already so negative.

Enough with this get back to washington to do their job stuff, its not as if they work there the majority of the time anway, heck our own president spend 1/3rd of his 8 years in office some place other than the whitehouse. In this modern technology era, being present in DC isnt necessary to do your job.

This problem has been brewing for a LONG time, i dont think one night is gonna cost us the farm. McCains, as well as obama and all the rest of the senate have had plenty of time to fix it, to act like it has to happen now is crazy.

Like somebody said, when somebody is trying to rush a deal like this, it usually means they are getting the better end of it and afraid what will happen if you look at it long enough.
kevin
4 Point

Postby Taproot » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:56 am

Scott wrote: IS this a crisis or is it NOT?

This is indeed a crisis of epic proportion and it needs to run it's course without government meddling. Congress' financial ass is on the line too. Otherwise they wouldn't be in such a hurry. Everyone needs to feel the hurt and the sting. Nothing like a little pain to stimulate action.
Taproot
10 Point

Postby Scott » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:07 am

Taproot wrote:
Scott wrote: IS this a crisis or is it NOT?

This is indeed a crisis of epic proportion and it needs to run it's course without government meddling. Congress' financial ass is on the line too. Otherwise they wouldn't be in such a hurry. Everyone needs to feel the hurt and the sting. Nothing like a little pain to stimulate action.

The government meddling is why this is such a mess to begin with. I DON"T WAN"T TO FEEL ANY OF THE "HURT AND STING" THEY HAVE BROUGHT ON!!! Ya'll get that? You know dang well who's going to feel the effrects of this crap. It's not the banking industry....it's not the "poor" people....it will be US...me and you that'll feel the hurt and sting! Congress started this mess a long time ago. They need to FIX it and get the he** out of the way and leave private industry ie banking alone!

Do ya'll remember what happened to Bush after Katrina when he didn't haul tail right back to DC? Yeah everybody jumped his case about poor leadership and such. What the heck was he supposed to do up there? Wave his majic wand!? The whole deal then was about perception of leadership. Yet when McCain shows an interest in the economy of the country he's made out to be the goat! Liberals/Leftists/and the MSM in this country want their cake and to eat it to!....they are not being consistant about this situation!
Scott
Spike

Postby kevin » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:11 am

The whole deal then was about perception of leadership.

as is this deal, so stop trying to feed me cake about mccain being a great leader. now who is wanting to have the cake and eat it too??? :shock:
kevin
4 Point

Postby Scott » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:13 am

The public's perception of this is that this problem was brought on by corprate greed and deregulation because that is what the MSM is telling everyone. That is a huge lie! Congress and it's socalist policies of the left is what the cause of this problem is! How do you fix this other than to dump those liberal policies ie NINJA loans given to the "poor" people?

The leftist media is who shapes public perception (for the most part) in this country nowadays!
Scott
Spike

Next

Return to General Forum