• Advertisement

Debate...

Whatever you want to discuss

Re: Debate...

Postby dublelung » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:33 pm

Good news folks! The debate will contine as planned! Whew that was close. Ya'll making my head hurt. :D
I still hate Commies, even after they changed their name to Liberals.
dublelung
Non-Typical
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:34 am
Location: Lucedale, MS

Re: Debate...

Postby kevin » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:53 pm

ha ha, yeah but hey, we probably gave msdeer.net a few more hits in the process!!

that letterman stuff was funny, did he seriously not do letterman then go do a thing with couric??
kevin
4 Point
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:41 am

Re: Debate...

Postby tombstone » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:57 pm

great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

two great guys feeding us a buch of lies by the spoonful. I can't wait to hear each one of their stories about how they just saved the national economy.

Excuse my sarcasim.

I am fixing to go buy a new 4000 sq ft house on the golf course even I know I can't afford the payments. I need a house with a bigger garage for the 2 mercedes i financed for 7 yrs apiece and still can't afford. I am glad they are gonna bail me out :roll:
Arise, Kill, and Eat
User avatar
tombstone
4 Point
 
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 1:15 pm
Location: little chicago

Re: Debate...

Postby Scott » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:07 pm

tombstone wrote:great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

two great guys feeding us a buch of lies by the spoonful. I can't wait to hear each one of their stories about how they just saved the national economy.

Excuse my sarcasim.

I am fixing to go buy a new 4000 sq ft house on the golf course even I know I can't afford the payments. I need a house with a bigger garage for the 2 mercedes i financed for 7 yrs apiece and still can't afford. I am glad they are gonna bail me out :roll:

Sorry Tombstone but they gave your mortgage to a less qualified minority. ;)
Scott
Spike
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:51 pm
Location: Copiah

Re: Debate...

Postby kevin » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:01 am

wow, what a night....first the meeting blows up and the guy who suspended his campaign to "help" shows up and says 2 sentences. The deal that was so close to done is now obliterated, and supposedly mccain is providing zero leadership to republicans which has resulted in them not knowing how to vote. some side with the president, some side wiht the ultra conservative, and yet none of them deem it necessary to attend a late night meeting to work on it, they walked out like children.

Supposedly the white house meeting was one of the wildest ever, with Paulson even getting down on one knee at one point begging Nancy Pelosi :shock: to try and make it work by getting on one knee as if he was proposing. WTF??? Yeah i am REALLY glad McCain came back to washington, this is going GREAT! :bash:
kevin
4 Point
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:41 am

Re: Debate...

Postby outdoorswoman » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:19 am

kevin wrote:wow, what a night....first the meeting blows up and the guy who suspended his campaign to "help" shows up and says 2 sentences. The deal that was so close to done is now obliterated, and supposedly mccain is providing zero leadership to republicans which has resulted in them not knowing how to vote. some side with the president, some side wiht the ultra conservative, and yet none of them deem it necessary to attend a late night meeting to work on it, they walked out like children.

Supposedly the white house meeting was one of the wildest ever, with Paulson even getting down on one knee at one point begging Nancy Pelosi :shock: to try and make it work by getting on one knee as if he was proposing. WTF??? Yeah i am REALLY glad McCain came back to washington, this is going GREAT! :bash:


were in the room? oh you are believing the media again ... i'm sorry :smash:
User avatar
outdoorswoman
10 Point
 
Posts: 503
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:54 pm
Location: Batesville, MS

Re: Debate...

Postby kevin » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:24 am

outdoorswoman wrote:
kevin wrote:wow, what a night....first the meeting blows up and the guy who suspended his campaign to "help" shows up and says 2 sentences. The deal that was so close to done is now obliterated, and supposedly mccain is providing zero leadership to republicans which has resulted in them not knowing how to vote. some side with the president, some side wiht the ultra conservative, and yet none of them deem it necessary to attend a late night meeting to work on it, they walked out like children.

Supposedly the white house meeting was one of the wildest ever, with Paulson even getting down on one knee at one point begging Nancy Pelosi :shock: to try and make it work by getting on one knee as if he was proposing. WTF??? Yeah i am REALLY glad McCain came back to washington, this is going GREAT! :bash:


were in the room? oh you are believing the media again ... i'm sorry :smash:


were you??? every single source has said as much. i guess we should just make believe he did a great job of getting a deal done and came out smelling like roses when reality is far from that. :? :roll:

Its not as thought MSNBC is the only person reporting that...hell george w bush will tell you that.
kevin
4 Point
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:41 am

Re: Debate...

Postby Taproot » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:29 am

I had to pull a McCain yesterday and bail out on this one to take care of a little business. I'm still pissed about the way things are going with this bailout. I can't claim to know all the facts, but it seems that the focus is on a straight buyout for the greed whores with no repercussions. Just buying up the loans isn't going to solve anything except putting more greed whores at ease. A bad loan is a bad loan, no matter who owns it. we're gonna end up paying for this twice. I've said this before, the "interest only" craziness hasn't even come home to roost yet. The funny thing is that the people doing these types of loans can afford traditional loans, they're just idiots. It frees up that extra $600 in payments to allow them to make the payment on a Hummer that never leaves asphault. We'll be going through this again in 5 years.

As far as the debate, I think my wife summed it up pretty good for me. I understand this isn't the end of the world if he doesn't show. He will. It's just that it's like some damn Hollywood diva, keeping everyone on edge by maybe or maybe not showing up. It's very insulting IMO.
User avatar
Taproot
10 Point
 
Posts: 721
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: Oxford, MS

Re: Debate...

Postby Scott » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:31 am

Where has The Empty Suit been in all of this!?

From what I am reading this morning the DemoRat's are trying to funnel some money from this plan into some of their Leftist advocacy groups. ACORN is one of them that is under investigation for voter fraud and embezzlement. Yeah the Dims are trying to do what's right for the country! La Raza is another group they want to funnel some money to (from this bill) that has been helping illegal aliens into the US and trying to get them rights to vote and to take welfare benefits!
Scott
Spike
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:51 pm
Location: Copiah

Re: Debate...

Postby kevin » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:43 am

Scott wrote:Where has The Empty Suit been in all of this!?

From what I am reading this morning the DemoRat's are trying to funnel some money from this plan into some of their Leftist advocacy groups. ACORN is one of them that is under investigation for voter fraud and embezzlement. Yeah the Dims are trying to do what's right for the country! La Raza is another group they want to funnel some money to (from this bill) that has been helping illegal aliens into the US and trying to get them rights to vote and to take welfare benefits!


The "empty suit" as you like to call him (very mature, can we do McChicken for Mccain??) was at the meeting mccain insist they have, in which he did nothing but destabalize the bipartisanship that was already occuring before he showed up with his election staffers, compared to obama, who showed up with his senate staff, which goes to show you what this is really about for mccain.

As far as funneling money into ACORN and LaRaza, i see you start yoru day with newsbusters.org, which i have been too lately, always good to get both sides. Anywho, the exact wording from teh document:

"Directs a certain percentage of future profits to the Affordable Housing Fund and the Capital Magnet Fund to meet America's housing needs."


The wording doesnt say where it will be directed. This "journalist" cites another article by the Wall Street journal that points out some of the things that have been supported in the PAST and assumes they will be again, even after they have been fingered for voter fraud?? i doubt it...but hey, it reads well and there is no way to say it WONT be donated to them, so why not just say it will, as if its some sort of fact???

i like the idea of diverting some of the funds into preventing this sort of thing from happening again.
kevin
4 Point
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:41 am

Re: Debate...

Postby Scott » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:45 am

Taproot,
I'll just have to take your word on what you say about the folks that take out those loans. Like I have posted before Fannie May and Freddie Mac eased their credit restrictions to folks who could not qualify for conventional loans. Here's part of a NY Times article from 1999:

In a move that could help increase home ownership rates among minorities and low-income consumers, the Fannie Mae Corporation is easing the credit requirements on loans that it will purchase from banks and other lenders.

The action, which will begin as a pilot program involving 24 banks in 15 markets -- including the New York metropolitan region -- will encourage those banks to extend home mortgages to individuals whose credit is generally not good enough to qualify for conventional loans. Fannie Mae officials say they hope to make it a nationwide program by next spring.
Scott
Spike
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:51 pm
Location: Copiah

Re: Debate...

Postby Taproot » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:48 am

Scott wrote:From what I am reading this morning the DemoRat's are trying to funnel some money from this plan into some of their Leftist advocacy groups.


I've been hearing that myself. Very troubling. This is not something to screw around with by attaching pet projects, but I'm sure it's happening on both sides. McCain may be setting himself up to be made a fool of by the Democrats stalling on purpose to make him miss the debate. I don't care what anyone thinks, if he misses this, and I don't think there's a snowball's chance in Hades he will, it's gonna hurt his chances terribly.
User avatar
Taproot
10 Point
 
Posts: 721
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: Oxford, MS

Re: Debate...

Postby Taproot » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:50 am

Scott wrote:Taproot,
I'll just have to take your word on what you say about the folks that take out those loans.


That's all I've got. I had never heard of them before that and never really heard much about them after those lectures either. So yes, I agree you don't hear about these crappy, forced loans much. They're only a small part of the problem, but certainly part of it.
User avatar
Taproot
10 Point
 
Posts: 721
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: Oxford, MS

Re: Debate...

Postby Scott » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:53 am

kevin wrote:
Scott wrote:
i see you start yoru day with newsbusters.org, which i have been too lately, always good to get both sides.



Actually I go to hunting forums like this then the news sites and then over there to get the facts that the MSM won't report.
Scott
Spike
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:51 pm
Location: Copiah

Re: Debate...

Postby Scott » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:56 am

Taproot wrote: They're only a small part of the problem, but certainly part of it.

I beg to differ with you. All the talk here has been about Freddie Mac and Fannie May and bailing them out (and along with others) but their loans are primarily to lower income folks. This is a major part of the whole issue.
Scott
Spike
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:51 pm
Location: Copiah

Re: Debate...

Postby kevin » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:56 am

Scott wrote:
kevin wrote:
Scott wrote:
i see you start yoru day with newsbusters.org, which i have been too lately, always good to get both sides.



Actually I go to hunting forums like this then the news sites and then over there to get the facts that the MSM won't report.


ha ha, how sad i acutally check msdeer.net before most other sites too :ylsuper:

i dont go to many other hunting forums, ESPECIALLY that other one we used to use...
kevin
4 Point
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:41 am

Re: Debate...

Postby Taproot » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:07 am

Scott wrote:
Taproot wrote: They're only a small part of the problem, but certainly part of it.

I beg to differ with you. All the talk here has been about Freddie Mac and Fannie May and bailing them out (and along with others) but their loans are primarily to lower income folks. This is a major part of the whole issue.


:bash: It's hard to speak with my fingertips. What I'm saying is they're a small part of all of the bad loans. They're all pretty much the same, some are mandatory, some are not, but there are 1000's of these bad products out there now as opposed to 15-20 years ago.
User avatar
Taproot
10 Point
 
Posts: 721
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: Oxford, MS

Re: Debate...

Postby Scott » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:18 am

I think we'll all pretty much agree that offering these loans to folks that they know will eventually default on them only makes those folks slaves! The loans are all about getting more votes. They pass it off as compassion but it is basically legal slavery. Now we are all going to have to pay for it...as Taproot said pay for it twice....and maybe 3 times!
Scott
Spike
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:51 pm
Location: Copiah

Re: Debate...

Postby Taproot » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:28 am

Scott wrote:Now we are all going to have to pay for it...as Taproot said pay for it twice....and maybe 3 times!


The first is now. The second is when these loans eventually default again. And the third is when the interest only chicken comes home to roost.

I'll say it again. A bad loan is a bad loan. No matter how you structure it, it will not work if you can't afford it. Being able to make the payment is only half the expense of owning a house. Believe me, I know and I'm sure anyone on here that owns a home knows that. There are times when the payment is the easy part.
User avatar
Taproot
10 Point
 
Posts: 721
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: Oxford, MS

Re: Debate...

Postby Scott » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:32 am

In 2005, McCain sponsored legislation to thwart what he later called “the enormous risk that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac pose to the housing market, the overall financial system and the economy as a whole.”

Obama, the Senate’s second-greatest recipient of donations from Fannie and Freddie after Dodd, did nothing.

Meanwhile, Raines, the head of a government-supported institution, made $52 million of his $90 million compensation package thanks in part to fraudulent earnings statements.

But, ah yes, the greedy criminals responsible for this mess must be somewhere on Wall Street.
Scott
Spike
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:51 pm
Location: Copiah

Previous

Return to General Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], RoadRanger and 2 guests

cron