• Advertisement

Debate 2008; phhbbbtttt, MS forever

Whatever you want to discuss

Debate 2008; phhbbbtttt, MS forever

Postby Bootlegger » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:15 pm

Please tell Me in the short time I have gotten to watch TV in the last 2 hours I have missed The Positives about MS. In the last 2 hours all I keep hearing about is racism in MS and the only major change is that "Ole Miss" is letting a "legally Black" person, running for President, Debate on Campus. Being a Missisippian I dont trust Obama because of his lack of history in Politics. However I dont trust McCain because of his history in Politics! Nothing about My mis-trust is because I live in MS. So why is MS2008 still MS1950's?

BTW I know 2 hours isnt much but its all the time I have had to watch.
Bootlegger
6 Point

Re: Debate 2008; phhbbbtttt, MS forever

Postby kevin » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:58 pm

debate was pretty vanilla. I thought obama would do better, so i guess in that essence senator mccain performed pretty well, much better than he did in the primaries IMO. Neither one really "won" IMO, both parties are claiming they won of course, but i didnt fell strongly either way. Didnt really hear anything new.
kevin
4 Point

Postby Taproot » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:12 pm

Debate aside, you are right Bootlegger. I really hope James Meredith graduates this year.
Taproot
10 Point

Postby sgtsanders » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:19 pm

I expected more out of Barack. I was impressed with McCain he seemed to be mentally sharp for his age and all that he's been through in his life. Barack doesn't look presidential to me and it has nothing to do with the color of his skin...He's a little vague with his answers and responses. I thought McCain did well, he's no Reagan. I disagree with him on enough issues so that I'm not going to be slanted because I think he's just the best thing since sliced bread...McCain won hands down!!!!
sgtsanders
Spike

Postby mshunter » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:57 pm

I also believe John McCain won . Obama couldn't even remember the name of the Sargent whose bracelet he was wearing!! He also said McCain was right 8 times. He stuttered alot on ?'s and seemed to be rattled. McCain s problem his eye contact he never looked at Obama much . his answers were head and shoulders above Obamas with names and details but just didnt have the eye contact. My $.02...Ed
Thank God for each and every opportunity that You have to take a kid hunting and set an example.
mshunter
Charter Member

Postby Scott » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:05 pm

There's no doubt McCain beat him handily...no question about it! McCain looked good and showed that his mind was sharp. Who was Obama nodding to off the stage?...he was looking to his left of the moderator. I wonder. How many times did Obama say "John is absolutely right"? Several times...on just about each leading question. That was a huge mistake that I guarantee you his handlers will not let happen in the next debate. John McCain certainly talked and looked more presidential tonight. How many times did Obama try to butt in while McCain was talking...several times...even the supposed impartial moderator kept trying to interrupt McCain...especially when he was on a roll a couple of times. Did anyone ever see a bracelet on Obama's arm? He even forgot the soldiers name for a moment. McCain didn't show any memory weaknesses. McCain did a good job talking about his record and what he has done over the years. All Obama could do was talk about Bush...never once IMO did any of that "Bush this Bush that" stuff stick to McCain! That was a swing and a miss for Obama. I find it ironic that he bashed Bush's "wrongheaded" policies of the last 8 years but then used Bush's foreign policy with Iran and N Korea as a model. But he was wrong on that and McCain pointed out that Obama said that he himself (if elected pres.) would meet without preconditions with rogue leaders....Bush has never done that!

The fact that most of the major media is calling this debate a draw tells me McCain won!

I don't think McCain is the best thing since sliced bread for sure...I am against Obama plain and simple!

The best line of the night (McCain):

....I don't need any on the job training.

Can ya'll say Grand Slam!!!
Scott
Spike

Postby mikybigbuck » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:20 pm

was there a debate? any questions about deer hunting?

;)
Looking for Mr Big
mikybigbuck
Non-Typical

Postby lugnut » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:50 pm

i didn't get to watch the debates but the deer hunting thing kind of gets me. i saw the add on youtube where the dems were slaming palin for being a hunter and for supporting the killing of those damn overpopulated wolfs up in alaska. the add sounded like PETA all the way. they accused her of cruelty to animals and all this insane crap. i don't base everything on my #1 hobby but it really put obama back a few paces in my book. i don't want someone in office that doesn't agree with hunting or animal control. i don't treat animals like humans because they're not. i don't agree with beating animals either but i could see it turning bad for hunters if he got into the whitehouse and really wanted to change things up. the last thing i want is a PETA sempathizer in the whitehouse
lugnut
Boone&Crockett

Postby fullstrut12 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:33 am

Obama kept repeating the same thing over and over again. It did at times seem that he had McCain on his heels, but McCain, though not the orator the Obama is, was able to get his point across, "I have experience, and I plan to cut spending".
fullstrut12
8 Point

Postby kevin » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:08 pm

well i know you guys wouldnt believe it if it came from any other network, so here it is:

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/27 ... in-debate/

Like i said earlier, i ddidnt get the feeling after watching it on the square that anybody "won" but some of you guys seem to think otherwise...
kevin
4 Point

Postby Rebelhunter76 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:14 pm

I agree with the post above. McCain needs to look at Obama when he is talking to him. He appears weak when he looks ahead, arguing with Obama. I couldn't focus on what was being said because that was getting on my nerves, lol.
Rebelhunter76
Spike

Postby outdoorswoman » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:16 pm

it was so boring i turned it off ... Obama stuttering ... McCain grinning like a goober
they both suck and i'm just ready for 2012 ... if we can make it that long
:livid: :livid: :livid: :livid:
outdoorswoman
10 Point

Postby lugnut » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:23 am

i get tired of hearing about who won a debate. i don't see it as a win or loose thing. 2 people get up and debate the issues and the public gets to decide who best represents their needs.

i'll be glad when this election is over cause i'm getting tired of hearing them attack each other. i honestly don't understand why palin is getting attacked so hard. i watch msnbc and cnn and that was all they talked about for a while.

i wonder how that war we're fighting is going? i haven't heard any real news in a while, so much for informing the public on anything except what our poloticians are up too. :bash:
lugnut
Boone&Crockett

Postby 204 ruger » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:18 am

You'll only hear about the war when there is something negative happening. And that's unacceptable for our soliders whom deserve the most respect and praise.

It's a shame how extreme left most networks are, and conservative Fox is. Wish there was a neutral network but that would be dreamin'.
204 ruger
6 Point

Postby Buckhide » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:30 am

Most of the So-called non baised experts said Mccain won the debate.
Buckhide
button buck

Postby Litespeed » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:24 pm

Not just on this forum, but most people that I ask about their opinion of the debate, it seems that the McCain supporters think that he "won" the debate hands down and the Obama supporters think the same about their candidate. I thought that it was fairly vanilla with few details but a very good debate all in all. As far as stuttering and hesitations by both candidates, they are probably wise to take a breath before answering. Any slip no matter how small or inconsequential will be hammered to death by the opposition even if it does not matter. It seemed they were both a little tense and afraid of a slip. If I had to score the debate using 100 points, I would give Obama 51 and McCain 49 but that is just MY opinion. I will watch all of the debates then decide who gets my vote based on which issues are most important to me and their stance on those issues. I urge everyone to make an informed choice based on the issues and most of all, VOTE.
Litespeed
button buck

Postby tombstone » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:00 pm

Did anyone hear Our Gov tell the lady that "obama was just sizzle and he could charm the skin off a snake." 8) 8)

I like ol Haley.

In this day, I could careless with the bleeding heart liberal brainwashing media thinks about us.

I don't really like McCain, and I detest Obama, so I just could not make myself watch.
Arise, Kill, and Eat
tombstone
4 Point

Return to General Forum