• Advertisement

Just ain't right

Whatever you want to discuss

Just ain't right

Postby sgtsanders » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:13 am

I think it's a sign of what our country has come to when we prosecute Enron and MCI Wcom heads and don't even think twice about all of the little blue haired ladies that lost their retirements and we are getting ready to bail out Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Am I missing something here? I must be...
sgtsanders
Spike

Re: Just ain't right

Postby Taproot » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:43 am

You are right on task, Sarge. Call our Senators. Burn up the phones. It worked in the house. This B.S. is a slap in the face to any American. I have been suggesting plan put forth by Brian Wesbury and Dave Ramsey. It only makes total sense.

http://www.daveramsey.com/etc/fed_bailo ... 0928.htmlc

Roger Wicker
202-224-6253

Thad Cochran
202-224-5054
Taproot
10 Point

Postby Litespeed » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:36 pm

You can contact them via their website by going to www.senate.gov and www.house.gov and find your representative. I sent a message to both senators Wicker and Cochran and to my representative, Bennie Thompson. On the news this morning Bennie told a reporter that he voted against the bailout because almost all of his messages were against it. Hard to believe that were are actually heard, especially by Bennie.
Litespeed
button buck

Postby Rube » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:33 pm

Bennie is scared of not being re-elected.
TEAM BUCK STOPPERS

In Omnia Paratus
Rube
Non-Typical

Postby kevin » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:12 pm

Rube wrote:Bennie is scared of not being re-elected.

how this worthless guy keeps getting re-elected is beyond me, look at his district, look at how it has gone down the drain since has been in office, yet he is still winning every election...makes no sense...
kevin
4 Point

Postby Rube » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:23 pm

Look at his constituency.......I understand why he keeps getting elected....it is very clear to me
TEAM BUCK STOPPERS

In Omnia Paratus
Rube
Non-Typical

Postby kevin » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:15 am

Rube wrote:Look at his constituency.......I understand why he keeps getting elected....it is very clear to me

oh i agree, but he hasnt done anything for ANYBODY, look at his constituency, has their standard of living gone up at ALL??? Even they would tell you no. I thought we had a chance of getting him out last time, oh well, maybe next time.
kevin
4 Point

Postby Litespeed » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:36 am

District 2 is probably the most Gerrymandered district in the US, if that is such a word. It was designed that way to assure a representative such as Bennie Thompson. The majority of the population is uneducated or at least severly under-educated so it does not take much to convince them to vote for him. He brings in enough pork barrel money to appease his base of supporters so that he is re-elected time and again.
Litespeed
button buck

Postby kevin » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:10 am

Litespeed wrote:District 2 is probably the most Gerrymandered district in the US, if that is such a word. It was designed that way to assure a representative such as Bennie Thompson. The majority of the population is uneducated or at least severly under-educated so it does not take much to convince them to vote for him. He brings in enough pork barrel money to appease his base of supporters so that he is re-elected time and again.

i suppose so, man districk 2 sucks...i remember when he was running the previous time talking to people around there, like you said, nobody had any idea what he had done for the district himself, most of the positive stuff people could name were brought about by other policiticans, not him. gar....
kevin
4 Point

Postby lugnut » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:44 pm

i believe the value of the american dollar is just as big a problem as our dept. we keep printing more money and asking overseas investors to help us out and our government can't figure out where this all went wrong. good lord :bash:

mean while the cost of the first bail out plan that didn't get passed was over 1 billion dollars, i give up
lugnut
Boone&Crockett

Return to General Forum