• Advertisement

Anyone use Bio Rock from Biologic?

Food Plot info/questions, Herd Management, QDMA ...

Anyone use Bio Rock from Biologic?

Postby buckcrazy » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:24 am

I found bio rocks for $6 on clearance yesterday. They are like the trophy rocks and I was wondering how well they work. I think they said the deer dont really hit them until spring and summer but I figured at $6 bucks I'd buy all 12 that they had left and give it a shot. Does anyone find that they helped with horn growth or is that a bunch of bull.
"There's a fine line between hunting and sittting there looking stupid"- Unknown

"If vegetarians love animals so much why do they keep eating all their food"- Unknown
buckcrazy
Boone&Crockett

Re: Anyone use Bio Rock from Biologic?

Postby gtk » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:41 pm

probably just a mineral salt block.. Does it help antler growth? probably not much, but it isn't going to hurt the growth either :)
gtk
Admin

Re: Anyone use Bio Rock from Biologic?

Postby FireCloud » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:45 pm

They sell them at the local co-op where I buy my mineral station supplies and I have looked them over. My opinion is they are over hyped and over priced for what they may contribute to a deer's nutrition needs. For the $72 you spent, I can buy 300# of ingredients to mix my own minerals. That's a LOT of minerals for deer to consume and much more total weight than the rocks.

The stuff I buy is sold in 50# bags. I get livestock salt, di-calcium phosphate, and trace minerals. Then I can mix per a standard recipe and put out at my mineral station. Minerals are consumed by the deer much better when mixed in with the soil, not just set out in a block. When I have tried blocks in the past, I discovered they mostly just melted down with the rain rather than deer consuming them. While any minerals will leech into the soil when it rains, the deer will paw the soil to get them out.
2013-2014 Team Double Drop Tine

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth" Genesis 9:2
FireCloud
Pope&Young

Return to Wildlife Habitat