• Advertisement

Could Not Wait

Food Plot info/questions, Herd Management, QDMA ...

Could Not Wait

Postby terry08 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:08 pm

Got out this morning and sowed the seed hoping for rain. Well we are getting a good slow rain right now, not down pours yet just good steady rain. I may have hit it just right. Anything that comes up on the gas line is better than the grass that was dead. ;) ;) ;)
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Re: Could Not Wait

Postby LazyGhost » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:51 pm

Was gonna bushhog this mornin but the tractor battery is bad
LazyGhost
Pope&Young

Postby FireCloud » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:01 pm

Timing could not be better, Terry. I think you are catching it just right.

I got up early and hit my garden since I had not yet gotten the fall stuff planted. Worked for several hours in off and on light drizzle rains but the slight moisture was just perfect for tilling the soil and planting. Got it all done in time to clean up before enjoying the Ole Miss game.

Working in the cooling drizzle with a breeze and overcast sky was downright pleasant after all the hot weather lately. There really has not been anything like enough rain fallen yet here to prevent disking food plots and planting. Unless we get a ton more rain over the weekend my food plot will be just right for planting after this rain.

Maybe things will work out well for a change with the weather with a cooler front coming through along with some good rains. It could be just what we need to help make this a much better deer season. I hope so.
2013-2014 Team Double Drop Tine

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth" Genesis 9:2
FireCloud
Pope&Young

Postby terry08 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:07 pm

I sowed the seed about 9:00 AM, the rain started here at around 11:00 Am and has been a steady slow rain ever since. I can't remember the last time I saw a slow steady rain like this.

In the last few years if we got rain it would be fast downpours which would serve no purpose for the soil. Just went outside with Midnight, and it feels so good just walking around in the rain and cool temps.

Just need to fertilize now and I think I will be good.
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby FireCloud » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:50 pm

Yep, the weather has been great today. Sure glad for the slow rain and some cooler temps. Like you I could not resist going out in the rain for a while this evening. About 7 pm, I took Mija with me to the food plot to sit in my stand and watch for a while. Only saw the nuisance possum again. When season opens, I am going to remove his corn thieving hide permanently.

I have a temporary roof on my stand now, which does drip a little, but the breeze blowing through the windows and the sound of the rain dripping on the roof was really relaxing.

I bet after the constant rain ends and the temps cool down some more, the deer will be really moving.
2013-2014 Team Double Drop Tine

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth" Genesis 9:2
FireCloud
Pope&Young

Postby jv » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:59 am

Sounds like you hit it right Terry...we getting a light slow rain up here in the nawth part of the state and think it suppose to last a couple of days.
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Return to Wildlife Habitat