• Advertisement

Getting Some stuff done

Food Plot info/questions, Herd Management, QDMA ...

Getting Some stuff done

Postby gtk » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:00 pm

Definitely don't think I'll be done getting ready for season, by Oct 1.

Spent most of the day yesterday at the farm. Seemed like it took 1/2 the day to go get diesel, fuel the tractor, get the bush-hog hooked up, grease everything, air the low tires up, etc... Got probably a 1/3 of the way through bush-hogging before I ran out of time. I need a cool day to finish up.

I ran into one of my sawtooth's :bash: That front end loader stuck out a little further than I thought..
gtk
Admin

Re: Getting Some stuff done

Postby terry08 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:25 pm

Warmer weather in the forecast. And maybe rain up your way, send some to Yazoo County.
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby chadbragg » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:29 pm

Yeah GTK it amazes me at how long prep takes...
TEAM Rack Stackers aka THE WINNERS!!!
chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby sardisdeerhunter » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:40 pm

chadbragg wrote:Yeah GTK it amazes me at how long prep takes...

I couldn't agree more ...

:( :(

I'm taking off work to get some seeds in the ground tomorrow ..
sardisdeerhunter
8 Point

Postby FireCloud » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:46 pm

Your cool day was today! Hope you got everything finished today.
2013-2014 Team Double Drop Tine

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth" Genesis 9:2
FireCloud
Pope&Young

Postby sardisdeerhunter » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:53 pm

gtk wrote:Definitely don't think I'll be done getting ready for season, by Oct 1.

Spent most of the day yesterday at the farm. Seemed like it took 1/2 the day to go get diesel, fuel the tractor, get the bush-hog hooked up, grease everything, air the low tires up, etc... Got probably a 1/3 of the way through bush-hogging before I ran out of time. I need a cool day to finish up.

I ran into one of my sawtooth's :bash: That front end loader stuck out a little further than I thought..

Gets kind of tough coming out of the A/C office and sit on a tractor seat ?? Is that what you are saying ??

:lol: :lol: :lol:

At least you took care of the major important thing firsts .. Your tractor needs attention also !! You did it correct and things will fall into place now ..Wish you only the best of luck on your plots !! Remember it always rain during the Mid-South Fair and During the Memphis in May concerts ..My guide to my spring and fall plots ..

:)
sardisdeerhunter
8 Point

Postby lugnutzz » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:35 am

Yep same thing here to gtk. Took off at lunch friday to load up. That was easy part. I blew a tire on trailer in winona. Floor jack buried in back under seed and dug it out. Changed flat no prob. Load it all back up and didnt get the blown out tire/rim secured good on trailer. Lost it along the way some where. I went on to one place and started cutting trees out of road and first five minutes I pinch the chain saw blade and cant dislodge. Unload tract and lift tree with front loader and free the saw. Finish up cutting and move them with tractor. While there I disk the plot. Go to camp and unload all my crap and go get some grocercies. Everything goes foo and think luck has turned til about 3. Fuel line stops up on tractor deep on woods. About hour later its running. Finish up plots and head back to camp in the dark. Load up and hdad home. I crawlered in bed tired, beat down and tail tucked cuz i'm a whooped dog at 11. Then allergies kick in and I'm coughing and cant breath for stopped up.. Now i'm up to leave for green pastures in Buras, La hopefully..
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

~LugNutzZ

2012-13 Team 5
2013-14 Team 6 - "IronWood"
2014-15 Team 1 - The Mafia" - winner
2015-16 Team 3 - Triple Threat
lugnutzz
Boone&Crockett

Postby EddyBo » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:53 am

I thought I was the only one that had those kind of hard luck stories when trying to get the hunting stuff done. I will not discuss the time I ran nearly 500 gallons of diesel onto the ground.
I know just enough to be dangerous.

EddyBo
Gone but not Forgotten

Return to Wildlife Habitat