• Advertisement

Bedding area question for yall

Food Plot info/questions, Herd Management, QDMA ...

Bedding area question for yall

Postby buckcrazy » Mon May 01, 2017 11:38 am

Ive been trying to pick out a homesite area for my new property and think ive finally found one but it turns out that the homesite is currently the deers homesite...a beautiful bedding area.
I'm torn what to do now because the area would make a nice homesite right next to the pond that I want to be next to. I hate to kick the deer out of the area but I want it also. There isn't any other area near the pond that would work for the house because its the only high spot that I would want to put the house on.
What would you guys do?
"There's a fine line between hunting and sittting there looking stupid"- Unknown

"If vegetarians love animals so much why do they keep eating all their food"- Unknown
buckcrazy
Boone&Crockett

Re: Bedding area question for yall

Postby RoadRanger » Mon May 01, 2017 12:50 pm

Build your home where you want. The deer will find new homes. You are the top of the food chain
RoadRanger
Pope&Young

Postby buckcrazy » Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

RoadRanger wrote:Build your home where you want. The deer will find new homes. You are the top of the food chain

Lol, I guess you're right but I was pretty impressed by the amount of beds in a 3-5 acre area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There's a fine line between hunting and sittting there looking stupid"- Unknown

"If vegetarians love animals so much why do they keep eating all their food"- Unknown
buckcrazy
Boone&Crockett

Postby ozarkpugs » Mon May 01, 2017 9:06 pm

How much land do you control around the bedding area ? You can possibly establish a new bedding area for them .

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
ozarkpugs
button buck

Postby gtk » Tue May 02, 2017 7:56 am

RoadRanger wrote:Build your home where you want. The deer will find new homes. You are the top of the food chain

x2

i think the homesite would outweigh the deers bedding area..
gtk
Admin

Postby buckcrazy » Tue May 02, 2017 9:48 am

I have a total of 213 acres but the bedding area and pond are 150 yards to the property line. The property is bordered to the north by a large hunting club. I don't want to drive them away but as GTK and RoadRanger said my homesite is probably more important than theirs. I am amazed at how many visible beds are in that area. Ive never seen so many beds in an area that size

buckcrazy
Boone&Crockett

Postby RoadRanger » Tue May 02, 2017 1:55 pm

I hope you don't think I was being a smart butt. To me the are just deer. You can always fell some trees in the center of the land to give them a new bedding area and that would allow you to access the edges of the property and hunt them in any wind.
Personally I would not sacrifice where I want my home to sit just because the deer are there. They won't stray far
RoadRanger
Pope&Young

Postby buckcrazy » Tue May 02, 2017 7:11 pm

Not at all RoadRanger, you actually made me laugh because here I am thinking about moving my homesite from the area I wanted just so the deer aren't disturbed. Guess my wife's right I always have the best interest of deer on my brain. Guess I'm just a nice guy like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buckcrazy
Boone&Crockett

Return to Wildlife Habitat