• Advertisement

My land layout

Food Plot info/questions, Herd Management, QDMA ...

My land layout

Postby buckcrazy » Thu May 04, 2017 1:37 pm

Finally got a decent aerial of the property I just bought and figured I'd give y'all a sneak peek before I make food plots and what not.
Let me know if y'all have any suggestions. The north part is bottomland that will hold a little water when the Souinlovey Creek rises but does drain well.
The trees on the left side of the pond is where the bedding area is that I am going to put the homesite once I clear some trees. The east side of the pond is not suitable for building but would've been ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There's a fine line between hunting and sittting there looking stupid"- Unknown

"If vegetarians love animals so much why do they keep eating all their food"- Unknown
buckcrazy
Boone&Crockett

Re: My land layout

Postby jv » Thu May 04, 2017 4:35 pm

It the top of the map north?
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby buckcrazy » Thu May 04, 2017 6:37 pm

Yes , sorry I meant to mention that

"There's a fine line between hunting and sittting there looking stupid"- Unknown

"If vegetarians love animals so much why do they keep eating all their food"- Unknown
buckcrazy
Boone&Crockett

Postby jv » Thu May 04, 2017 8:53 pm

How old is the growth of the trees and is mostly hardwood or pines.

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby buckcrazy » Fri May 05, 2017 8:27 am

The land is mixed with some being 15-18 year old pine some 4 year old pine just south of the pond that is about 6 ft tall and thick as all get out and some hardwoods on the north side.

buckcrazy
Boone&Crockett

Postby jv » Fri May 05, 2017 9:36 am

Looks like you will have several goods places to have food plots but it's hard to really see from the picture what the land looks like but I marked in orange the places I think might be good plot areas. Good luck with it and waiting to see where you place them.Image

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk

jv
Pope&Young

Postby triple_duece » Fri May 05, 2017 11:09 am

How bout a topo map for your place.
triple_duece
10 Point

Postby terry08 » Fri May 05, 2017 11:49 am

jv wrote:Looks like you will have several goods places to have food plots but it's hard to really see from the picture what the land looks like but I marked in orange the places I think might be good plot areas. Good luck with it and waiting to see where you place them.Image

Jv, looks like you planting plots right where the house will be. Lol, it's hard to tell by the photo.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby jv » Fri May 05, 2017 12:11 pm

terry08 wrote:
jv wrote:Looks like you will have several goods places to have food plots but it's hard to really see from the picture what the land looks like but I marked in orange the places I think might be good plot areas. Good luck with it and waiting to see where you place them.Image

Jv, looks like you planting plots right where the house will be. Lol, it's hard to tell by the photo.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk

Close, you don't have to walk that far to hunt..lol...he said the land south of the pond was real thick so I would put a plot south of the thick stuff but of course that depends on how far from the house that would be, but wouldn't want it right at the house.

jv
Pope&Young

My land layout

Postby buckcrazy » Fri May 05, 2017 4:51 pm

Where you marked the plot is exactly where I'm planning to put the house, lol!
I hate that it's the only location to put it close to the pond because it's an awesome spot. The three to the east are good locations. In fact the second mark is where I put one of the banks feeders last weekend. I'm planning to plant that entire thinned lane where the feeder is. It's almost 250 yds long. Thinking about trying clover because that area is shady and not much grows in predominant shade.

buckcrazy
Boone&Crockett

Postby jv » Fri May 05, 2017 5:56 pm

Well I was just placing them where it looked like a good place to me. Deer love those places where the woods are real thick so that's why I put a food plot there. This hard to tell by just looking at a photo.

jv
Pope&Young

Postby buckcrazy » Mon May 08, 2017 6:47 am

Yeah the aerials I find are almost 3-4 years old so they really don't show how the landscape really looks. In fact, I'm not fully going to trust google earth anymore. The area east of the pond shows a 30-40 ft height elevation change from the pond level but is actually 30-40 lower elevation. Don't understand how it could be that much of a difference but it is.

buckcrazy
Boone&Crockett

Postby LadyHunter » Tue May 09, 2017 3:39 pm

Looks like a nice piece of land. You should get a lot of enjoyment for a lot of years.
You might want to take note of any areas that serve as funnels on and off your land onto neighbors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners

WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Return to Wildlife Habitat