• Advertisement

Persimmon Trees

Food Plot info/questions, Herd Management, QDMA ...

Persimmon Trees

Postby iveygun3 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:29 pm

I don't know about yall, but my persimmon trees are loaded and I don't think they will make it til bowseason, b/c they are starting to turn now and will probably be gone. May Hafta Start Early :shock: nawwwwwwwwww
iveygun3
Charter Member

Postby gtk » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:16 pm

i noticed a lot of the muscadine's dropping already behind the house. Perhaps its the dry hot weather thats causing the persimmons & muscadines to drop early ?

Two years ago, the persimmon trees on our place where so loaded, their limbs broke off all up & down the tree... Natures way of "pruning" i guess.
gtk
Admin

Postby nobucks » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:24 pm

I got one in the yard thats loaded this year and the one thats by my deer stand is loaded also.I pick the ones in the yard and take them and put them with the ones by my bow stand. :)
nobucks
12 Point

Postby gtk » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:44 pm

I heard tell one time, of a guy hunting next to a persimmon tree... After most of the fruit fell, he would carry a big pocket full of rocks to his stand. Every so often, he woud drop the rocks out of his stand, making it sound like a persimmon falling. He swore he had deer come investigate :wink:
gtk
Admin

Postby iveygun3 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:15 pm

I have carried acorns up a tree before in a sack and dropped a few after the trees had already dropped and thought it worked.
iveygun3
Charter Member

Return to Wildlife Habitat