• Advertisement

Orphan from MDWF forum

Food Plot info/questions, Herd Management, QDMA ...

Orphan from MDWF forum

Postby conservative » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:18 am

I am an orphan from the MDWF forum. I hated to see it close but I certainly can understand why with all of the economic and budget woes that the state faces. My favorite topic at the old MDWF forum was the Wildlife Habiatat forum. It was very informative and active with excellent topics and posts from some really knowledgeable members. Habitat management for mainly deer and turkey on my family's farm has been my favorite and really only hobby (other than hunting the deer and turkey). I picked up some excellent tips during the three years that I spent there. Now that it is gone I am going through withdrawal symptoms. If any of just a few of the really good members from MDWF forums such as gtrambler, gibowhunter, sardisdeerhunter, Scott T, Tchoup, Bglenut, Cajunhunter 1, dodger and outdoorswoman see this come get me and let me know where everyone has moved to! I'm lost in the wilderness! I was hoping to maybe find them here but this particular wildlife habitat forum is D.O.A. FYI my username is the same as it was in the old life. :(
conservative
button buck

Re: Orphan from MDWF forum

Postby gtk » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:33 am

welcome conservative.. :welcome:

Habitat is one of my favorite subjects too :)

I've seen some of those members you mention, online here.. .Outdoorswoman used to be a regular here..

While we would love to have you call this home, you may want to check for them over at bullnettle ... http://bullnettlenews.com/forum/default.aspx

If they are not there, then go back to the mdwpf forum, and send an email to them... Invite them over here tooo.
gtk
Admin

Postby conservative » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:03 am

thanks.
conservative
button buck

Postby mshunter » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:00 pm

Welcome Conservative !! I also liked the Wildlife Biology forum . Glad to have you....... ;) :ylsuper: ....Ed
Thank God for each and every opportunity that You have to take a kid hunting and set an example.
mshunter
Charter Member

Postby jbullard1 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:57 pm

Welcome to Msdeer
I only visited "THAT" forum a couple of times and got bashed for my "STUPID COMMENTS"
I hunt 95% Primitive with a flintlock or caplock so I guess I am STUPID but my freezer is full
Anyway welcome to the crowd :)
Jerry
Team 5 Co-Champion with Team 1 2014-2015
Team Genesis 2013-2014
Team Rack Blaster 2012-2013
Resident Geezer and Granpaw
jbullard1
Granpaw

Postby BIGERN76 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:42 pm

Welcome. :welcome: Enjoy the site.
Remington 700/CDL 30-06
2009 Diamond Black Ice
Bear Grizzly

QSMA Pro Staff
BIGERN76
Pope&Young

Postby conservative » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:35 am

Thanks for the welcome.
conservative
button buck

Postby gibowhunter » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:44 am

Found you, just got signed in myself...
gibowhunter
button buck

Postby mshunter » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:46 am

Welcome !!!. :thumbsup: ..Ed
Thank God for each and every opportunity that You have to take a kid hunting and set an example.
mshunter
Charter Member

Postby gtk » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:46 am

welcome gibowhunter... i really enjoyed your posts on mdwpf
gtk
Admin

Postby conservative » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:54 pm

gibowhunter wrote:Found you, just got signed in myself...

Glad to see someone I recognize. I tried registering on the other forum, bullnettlenews and it has yet to send me a confirmation email. I tried re-register and it won't let me because it says my email is already registered. Right now my only link to get this solve this problem is sardisdeerhunter and I'm sure he's tired of acting as a go between for me and whoever can solve it. Funny thing is the same exact thing happened to me when I tried to register the first time on the MDWF forums in 2006. I was about ready to give up when someone actually made it happen after about a week. Anyway, I hope this forum will get a bit more lively as we get closer to being able to break some ground or do some maintenance on our plots. I'm looking forward planting my mixture of rr soybeans and corn again. I work with a guy who has an uncle that sold me some of last year's rr soybeans for $25 per bag. I plan to use a mixture of those with some large lad forage soybeans from Eagle Seed Co. I just hope the rain cooperates after I plant them in late May. How's your clover looking? I fertilized my three Durana plots and one arrowleaf plot two weeks ago in hopes that it would warm up some. The arrowleaf actually got more use than did the Durana during December and Jan.
conservative
button buck

Postby Alec » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:33 pm

conservative wrote:
gibowhunter wrote:Found you, just got signed in myself...

I tried registering on the other forum, bullnettlenews and it has yet to send me a confirmation email. I tried re-register and it won't let me because it says my email is already registered. Right now my only link to get this solve this problem is sardisdeerhunter and I'm sure he's tired of acting as a go between for me and whoever can solve it.

Not sure it will help, and you did not ask for it, but be sure to check your spam folder for the email from bullnettlenews.com

Glad to have you here though :welcome:
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Alec
button buck

Postby gibowhunter » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:51 pm

Thanks gtk, Heck of a website you have here, I am just getting my feet wet, but it looks pretty awesome so far, the only problem I've had so far is i have to figure out how to check it out on by Blackberry, I can see the main page but it won't let me log on yet. Any ideas?

gtk wrote:welcome gibowhunter... i really enjoyed your posts on mdwpf
gibowhunter
button buck

Return to Wildlife Habitat