• Advertisement

Pistol shortage

Discussion pertaining to Firearms & Ammo.

Pistol shortage

Postby RoadRanger » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:03 am

Tried going yesterday and buying a good CCW pistol that I could take on my trip this weekend and start shooting and getting familiar with while I wait on my permit to come in and my gosh the gun cabinets are cleaned out! I went to vans deer processing and they didnt have any of the guns on my list. Called around to all the other shops around the area and everyone was out of most everything. This is nuts I tell ya. All I could do is get on some waiting list and cross my fingers
RoadRanger
Pope&Young

Re: Pistol shortage

Postby gtk » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:38 am

Your best bet is going to find one used, and hope the seller hasn't inflated the price too much :(
gtk
Admin

Postby Bamafxst » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:44 pm

I bough a S&W MP 9mm Shield last week from Gary's Gun and Pawn in West Point, MS. I got tired of going to Sportsmans Wharehouse in Southaven an none being in stock. Now it's ammon that I am having to chase.
Bamafxst
button buck

Postby terry08 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:23 pm

Need to purchase available ammo. Then buy the handgun to match. :grin:

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby RoadRanger » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:24 pm

UPDATE... I called academy sports on county line this morning looking for a S/A XDS which they are out of. I said I know its a long shot but yall got any S/W Shields in ??? He paused and said actually YES... I just opened a box and it has two inside. I'll hold one for you for only one hour. I high tailed it in the nasty weather and was able to purchase a 9mm Smith and Wesson Shield for 400 bucks. Bought the last 3 boxes of 9mm full metal jacket ammo they had and went to Vans and was able to find several boxes of Hornady Critical Defense ammo.

In total for the days haul I was able to get a S/W shield, 150 rounds of FMJ, 75 rounds of critical defense and had my picture taken and have my application filled out for my permit. Went by the MHP office and the line was literally two rows deep of roughly 60 people!!! So I will be in line first thing in the morning in hopes of not waiting till closing time.
RoadRanger
Pope&Young

Postby terry08 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:18 pm

Just curious, how many have ever been asked by law enforcement to show their permit. Don't we have the right to keep and bear arms, under the second ammendment.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby vahunterinms » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:41 pm

This is just nuts!!! I was so upset that I could not find any 22 bullets. I went from Olive Branch, MS to Detroit, MI in search of 22 bullets with no luck.. Stopped at all the walmarts I seen, Stopped at all the miejers, stopped at bass pro in Ohio or Kentucky, also stopped at gander mountain, NOTHING!!!! I am not a happy camper!!!
Home of Double A's Pistol Pete
UMCA Nite Champion
UMCA Squirrel Champion
UMCA Grand Bench Champion
UMCA Grand Tree Champion
UMCA 2012 Mississippi State Squirrel hunt 4th Place
UMCA 2013 World Reserve Night Champion
UMCA 2013 World Bench Champion
vahunterinms
10 Point

Postby gtk » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:08 pm

Congrats RoadRanger. Sounds like you got lucky! Now start buying any ammo you can find , and definitely get an extra mag
gtk
Admin

Postby gtk » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:10 pm

Vahunter, this is getting crazy isn't it!
gtk
Admin

Postby RoadRanger » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:39 pm

I can tell you as of this morning Academy had several boxes of yellow jacket .22s but were almost 9 dollars a box for only 50 rounds!!! Talking to the few shops I delt with said call within the first hour or two and IF they have what your looking for most everyone I asked was willing to hold my item for a hour or so till I could get there.
RoadRanger
Pope&Young

Postby vahunterinms » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:56 pm

gtk wrote:Vahunter, this is getting crazy isn't it!

Man what you talkin about!! It is crazy! I feel like my second amendment is in jeopardy here.. "THE MAN" so called President of the United States of America.......... Well I better stop right here before I get my self in trouble! Let's just say I am very upset on how things are being handled by our so called government.

Something really needs to be done!!!1

Home of Double A's Pistol Pete
UMCA Nite Champion
UMCA Squirrel Champion
UMCA Grand Bench Champion
UMCA Grand Tree Champion
UMCA 2012 Mississippi State Squirrel hunt 4th Place
UMCA 2013 World Reserve Night Champion
UMCA 2013 World Bench Champion
vahunterinms
10 Point

Pistol shortage

Postby tony270 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:00 pm

I bought a 9mm shield Monday from gary's in west point. Had been waiting for someone in meridian to get one in for about 3 weeks. Lucky I had reloaded a bunch this summer for my son. Looked everywhere online last night and no one has any bullets to reload.
tony270
4 Point

Postby tcfscharles » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:24 pm

i've got some pistol ammo here at the store in hernando but it's going pretty quick. i got in 12 bricks of 22lr. last week and sold out in 2 days, but i am not marking my stuff up the way some of these stores are. i"m not much on ripping people off. i believe in comes back to haunt you later on.
tcfscharles
Spike

Return to Guns & Ammo