• Advertisement

Well, I went and done it yesterday...

Discussion pertaining to Firearms & Ammo.

Well, I went and done it yesterday...

Postby BIGERN76 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:43 pm

Applied for my CC permit. I thought it was gonna be a big hassle and last all day (I was told to be prepared to be there all day). I was in and out in 30 minutes and wish I would have done it a long time ago. With the direction our society is headed, I felt the need to get it done and plan to get my wife to get hers as soon as she gets comfortable handling her new LC9. Everyone at the MHP office was super nice and seemed to be working very hard to get all the folks processed and finger printed as quickly as possible. They told me it would be 2-3 months before I get my permit in the mail. Im hoping it don't take that long. :ylsuper:
Remington 700/CDL 30-06
2009 Diamond Black Ice
Bear Grizzly

QSMA Pro Staff
BIGERN76
Pope&Young

Re: Well, I went and done it yesterday...

Postby gtk » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:52 pm

congrats ! got mine a coupel years ago.. i still need to get my enhanced permit though

it takes some 'getting used to' carrying daily. it did me for me anyway. my wife still looks at me like i am "barney fife" when she sees me carrying ... :roll:
gtk
Admin

Postby jv » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:51 am

Been thinking about going ahead a getting mine just haven't went yet.
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby bigjohn » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:10 pm

when i first applied for mine they told me 2-3 mo. but i got it in 6 weeks.
bigjohn
Pope&Young

Postby patinlouisiana » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:37 pm

gtk wrote: i still need to get my enhanced permit though

What is the enhanced permit?
2017-2018 member Team 4
.257 Weatherby Magnum W/4x16 X 50 Nikon Monarch
T/C Encore 35 Whelen W/Leupold VX-I 3-9 x 50
S&W M&P 15 Sport II 5.56
Ruger Blackhawk 357 Mag W/Millet Red Dot
Canon PowerShot SX40HS
patinlouisiana
Pope&Young

Postby BIGERN76 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:50 am

bigjohn wrote:when i first applied for mine they told me 2-3 mo. but i got it in 6 weeks.

A friend said him and everyone else he knows who has one got them in 6 weeks.

patinlouisiana wrote:What is the enhanced permit?

If you take the enhanced carry class with a certified instructor, it allows you to carry concealed in more places.
Remington 700/CDL 30-06
2009 Diamond Black Ice
Bear Grizzly

QSMA Pro Staff
BIGERN76
Pope&Young

Postby j2dirtracer » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:09 pm

Firearms Permit Vs Enhanced Carry Permits

Firearms Permit
•CAN NOT carry in a Courtroom or Law Enforcement Office or detention center.
•CAN NOT carry in Polling Place or meeting of the Government.
•CAN NOT carry at any School, College or Athletic Event.
•CAN NOT carry at establishment or portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises primarily devoted to such purpose .
•CAN NOT carry inside the passenger terminal of any airport .
•CAN NOT carry in any church or other place of worship.
•CAN NOT carry any place prohibited by federal law.
•CAN NOT carry where Private Business displays “NO FIREARMS” signage
•CAN NOT carry in Parades where permits are required.

Enhanced Carry Permit
•CAN NOT carry in courtrooms during a judicial proceeding.
•CAN NOT carry in any police, sheriff or highway patrol station or any detention facility, prison or jail.
•CAN NOT carry any place prohibited by federal law.
Im just a dirtbag that lacks the necessary skills to hunt like a real hunter, so I just sit in a tree for a few hours in the morning and evening.
j2dirtracer
Unskilled Dirtbag

Postby gtk » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:12 am

I still don't think you can carry in schools can you? although, here lately, that seems to be where all the shootings are...
gtk
Admin

Postby BIGERN76 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:13 pm

:ylsuper: :ylsuper: Got it yesterday! :party :party
Remington 700/CDL 30-06
2009 Diamond Black Ice
Bear Grizzly

QSMA Pro Staff
BIGERN76
Pope&Young

Postby terry08 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:47 pm

I can assure you, the thugs don't have it and they still carry. I have never applied, but be forewarned. You don't want to try and rob or carjack me. :shock:

Sent from my SCH-R760X using Tapatalk 2
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby j2dirtracer » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:51 am

gtk wrote:I still don't think you can carry in schools can you? although, here lately, that seems to be where all the shootings are...

Yes you can if you have the (enhanced) IC sticker, pretty much anywhere except a courtroom while a judge in on the bench, highway patrol's office, inside jail's etc. I stole this for you...

The Mississippi concealed firearms law has been amended to allow licensed gun owners who have “additional” training to carry concealed firearms in certain locations previously prohibited by law. These locations include courthouses, polling places, government meetings, any school, college or professional athletic event, bars and restaurants that serve alcohol, any elementary or secondary school facility, any junior college, community college, college or university facility, inside the passenger terminal of any airport, and in any church or other place of worship. The amendment is to Mississippi Code Section 97-37-1, the law making it a crime to carry a conceal weapon, including a pistol or revolver, “except as otherwise provided in [Mississippi Code] Section 45-9-101.”

Under the amendment, a holder of a permit to carry a concealed weapon must complete an eight-hour course in addition to the regular concealed carry permit requirements to receive an “endorsement” to carry in prohibited locations. The Mississippi Attorney General opined that permit holders with the endorsement can carry concealed weapons in places that were statutorily prohibited by Mississippi Code Ann. 45-9-101(13). The only exception noted in the amendment is a courtroom during a judicial proceeding.

Mississippi Code Ann. 45-9-101(13) identifies the following locations as being off limits, absent an endorsement:

any polling place; any meeting place of the governing body of any governmental entity; any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof; any public park unless for the purpose of participating in any authorized firearms-related activity; any school, college or professional athletic event not related to firearms; any portion of an establishment, licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, that is primarily devoted to dispensing alcoholic beverages; any portion of an establishment in which beer or light wine is consumed on the premises, that is primarily devoted to such purpose; any elementary or secondary school facility; any junior college, community college, college or university facility unless for the purpose of participating in any authorized firearms-related activity; inside the passenger terminal of any airport, except that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal if the firearm is encased for shipment, for purposes of checking such firearm as baggage to be lawfully transported on any aircraft; any church or other place of worship; or any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law. In addition to the places enumerated in this subsection, the carrying of a concealed pistol or revolver may be disallowed in any place in the discretion of the person or entity exercising control over the physical location of such place by the placing of a written notice clearly readable at a distance of not less than ten (10) feet that the “carrying of a pistol or revolver is prohibited.”
Im just a dirtbag that lacks the necessary skills to hunt like a real hunter, so I just sit in a tree for a few hours in the morning and evening.
j2dirtracer
Unskilled Dirtbag

Return to Guns & Ammo