Discussion pertaining to Firearms & Ammo.
those of you that have the ruger American in the 270 caliber, what ammo have you found shoots best?
- button buck
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:05 pm
I don't have an all American but I have a M77 Hawkeye 7mm-08 and it likes 120grn Barnes TSX. I have a Rem. 270 that likes 100grn (hard to find) I don't like big bullets in a 270 but I tend to like the faster littler rounds for Deer.
- Posts: 947
- Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:41 pm
- Location: central TX.(From SE MS.)
are you reloading? if not, try the barnes, then federal fusion..
- Posts: 19140
- Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:53 pm
- Location: Olive Branch, MS
The new hornandy whitetail rounds in the 130 grain do real well in my m77.
By the pricking of my thumbs...Something wicked this way comes.
Ruger M77 HAWKEYE 25-06 .. DEATH FROM AFAR.
- 6 Point
- Posts: 273
- Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:20 pm
Return to Guns & Ammo
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest