• Advertisement

Picked up another shotgun

Discussion pertaining to Firearms & Ammo.

Picked up another shotgun

Postby Rajun cajun » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:31 pm

One of my employees asked me if I was interested in a shotgun..."always" I said.

His daughters boyfreind wanted to sell a Remington semi Auto.

I looked at it, Model 58 Sportsman, 12 gauge, 2 3/4 or 3 inch.

Gun had absolutely no wear and the bluing was perfect!

I asked how much? He said $200, I wrote him a check.

Shot some skeet with it yesterday evening, 2 rounds, and even with a full choke, I shot the best rounds ever.

Gonna have it bored and tapped for Rem Chokes so I can get an inproved or skeet choke in it.

Looks like I got me a good semi auto really cheap!

Looked it up and I think they made it from 1956 to 1964 when they came out with the 1100.

My friend who owns the skeet range said it would probably fetch around $500 to $600 as it is so pristine.

Guns are always an investment!
Last edited by Rajun cajun on Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rajun cajun
Pope&Young

Re: Picked up another shotgun

Postby gtk » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:39 pm

nice deal!

while I know people who have luck like that, i just never seem to run across a something like that..
gtk
Admin

Postby leepurvis » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:26 am

gtk wrote:nice deal!

while I know people who have luck like that, i just never seem to run across a something like that..

gtk, sounds like my luck as well. If I'm looking for something, I'm usually the person that comes by just after it's sold.
Lee

"Dear Life, when I said "Can my day get any worse?" it was a rhetorical question not a challenge"- Will Ferrell

“If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.” Thomas Paine
leepurvis
Pope&Young

Postby lugnut » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:51 am

sweet find

i love the older shotguns. i've got 4 belgium made browning A5s that i shoot religiously. i've walked all over berettas and benellis at the skeet range with them :D
lugnut
Boone&Crockett

Postby ufgators68 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:03 am

Rajun cajun wrote:I looked at it, Model 58 Sportsman, 12 gauge, 2 3/4 or 3 inch.

I have it's "twin", at least that's what I've been told, the Remington 878 Automaster. I get a few parts put in it and I'll be using it to dove hunt with instead of my Benelli. 8)
ufgators68
Boone&Crockett

Return to Guns & Ammo