• Advertisement

Browning/Winchester Rant

Discussion pertaining to Firearms & Ammo.

Browning/Winchester Rant

Postby stickers » Tue May 22, 2018 8:00 am

Why Browning/Winchester still continue to put the Dura Touch finishes on guns stocks and forearms is just baffling to me. Got to be the worst thing they have ever done and now I just read that there is a class action lawsuit against them for this junk. I can tell you that Browning's customer service sucks regarding this issue. Guess I will have to pay someone to take this stuff off of several stocks and forearms since Browning/Wichester will not do anything about it. The guy at customer service said " Let me guess, it is so sticky that it is flex tape commercial". And then he giggled and just said that it is just the way it is. Said they quit sending new stocks and forearms to people cause they do the same thing. Rant over.
stickers
10 Point

Re: Browning/Winchester Rant

Postby stickers » Tue May 22, 2018 8:16 am

If anyone know how to (DIY) remove this stuff please feel free to share.
stickers
10 Point

Postby stickers » Tue May 22, 2018 10:10 am

Well some higher up with Browning must be on this forum :shock: . Just got a call from them and they said to send all my guns that have this problem to them and they would re dip them (any pattern I want) and put new stocks and forearms on them since the pattern I have is now obsolete (Mossy Oak Duck Blind). Even emailed me pre paid UPS labels and everything. Guess I caught the wrong guy on the wrong day. A little of my faith has been restored in Browning. :thumbsup:
stickers
10 Point

Postby jbullard1 » Tue May 22, 2018 10:55 am

Sounds like you rattled someones cage. I just stick with the lowly Remington, Ruger and custom built AR's. :W: :2TU: :2TU: :2TU: :2TU: :2TU:
Team 5 Co-Champion with Team 1 2014-2015
Team Genesis 2013-2014
Team Rack Blaster 2012-2013
Resident Geezer and Granpaw
jbullard1
Granpaw

Postby stickers » Tue May 22, 2018 11:34 am

jbullard1 wrote:Sounds like you rattled someones cage. I just stick with the lowly Remington, Ruger and custom built AR's. :W: :2TU: :2TU: :2TU: :2TU: :2TU:

I like all those also except any Remington built after 2007 and the Cerberus takeover you couldnt give me. They have even managed to screw up the 870 somehow now, ha. Trying to save money after Madouf took them for about a billion.
stickers
10 Point

Postby jbullard1 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:59 pm

stickers wrote:
jbullard1 wrote:Sounds like you rattled someones cage. I just stick with the lowly Remington, Ruger and custom built AR's. :W: :2TU: :2TU: :2TU: :2TU: :2TU:

I like all those also except any Remington built after 2007 and the Cerberus takeover you couldnt give me. They have even managed to screw up the 870 somehow now, ha. Trying to save money after Madouf took them for about a billion.

Hhhhummmm. My Remington 700 LR 30-06 bought in 2014 will shoot sub moa groups at 300 yards for me. Yep it is my go to deer rifle for the powerlines at ranges up to 550 yards. The 6.5 Grendel is a close second on the AR platform.
Team 5 Co-Champion with Team 1 2014-2015
Team Genesis 2013-2014
Team Rack Blaster 2012-2013
Resident Geezer and Granpaw
jbullard1
Granpaw

Postby gtk » Tue May 22, 2018 1:45 pm

is it all their duracoat finishes that has problems?
gtk
Admin

Postby chadbragg » Tue May 22, 2018 3:01 pm

I love mine. Had ot 5 or 6yrs and not a blemish in the finish. And im not easy on my guns. My sons is duratouched too. No issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TEAM Rack Stackers aka THE WINNERS!!!
chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby stickers » Tue May 22, 2018 5:50 pm

gtk wrote:is it all their duracoat finishes that has problems?

It is the Duratouch finish on stocks and forearms. It is not duracoat. You can google it. Very common.
stickers
10 Point

Postby stickers » Tue May 22, 2018 5:56 pm

chadbragg wrote:I love mine. Had ot 5 or 6yrs and not a blemish in the finish. And im not easy on my guns. My sons is duratouched too. No issues

I dont have any blemishes on any of them. Has nothing to do how they are treated. My Citori has never been shot and been in my safe for 4 years cause I never had a use for it. They are just so awful sticky and gooky. I am sending back 2 Maxus, 1 Silver, 1 A5, and a Citori in the morning. You are lucky but it could show up overnight when chemicals start to break down.
stickers
10 Point

Postby chadbragg » Tue May 22, 2018 5:59 pm

stickers wrote:
chadbragg wrote:I love mine. Had ot 5 or 6yrs and not a blemish in the finish. And im not easy on my guns. My sons is duratouched too. No issues

I dont have any blemishes on any of them. Has nothing to do how they are treated. My Citori has never been shot and been in my safe for 4 years cause I never had a use for it. They are just so awful sticky and gooky. I am sending back 2 Maxus, 1 Silver, 1 A5, and a Citori in the morning. You are lucky but it could show up overnight when chemicals start to break down.

Im honestly knocking on wood as i type. I truly love the feel of it and wouldn't consider buying one without it now that ive used. Will the new ones have it or no?

chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby chadbragg » Tue May 22, 2018 6:00 pm

Meant new stocks on your guns?

chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby stickers » Tue May 22, 2018 10:16 pm

chadbragg wrote:
stickers wrote:

Im honestly knocking on wood as i type. I truly love the feel of it and wouldn't consider buying one without it now that ive used. Will the new ones have it or no?

No sir. The duratouch is over. The guy that I talked to today said it was the worst mistake Browning ever made. Said they are getting around 4,000 firearms back a month right now to be redone(which also includes all the x bolt rifles they put it on) . He said it will take me about 10 months to a year to get mine back. Obviously yours has not gone bad yet. My A5 was just getting tackyish but I am sending it back before it gets any worse
stickers
10 Point

Postby chadbragg » Wed May 23, 2018 4:59 am

Wow. Ive heard people complaining about it, but didn't realize it was so bad. The new a5's ive looked at all had it, must be a recent decision to kill production

chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby stickers » Wed May 23, 2018 7:00 am

chadbragg wrote:Wow. Ive heard people complaining about it, but didn't realize it was so bad. The new a5's ive looked at all had it, must be a recent decision to kill production

Yep, I think they decided to do it last year after the class action lawsuit was filed against them in August. I guess they figure it is cheaper to make things "right" on their own and show the courts that they are making an effort. On some, such as black synthetic they are just sending new stocks and forearms out to customers who complain from what I gather. Either way, going to be costly. I told the guy that I wanted to sell most of the guns I was sending back except for A5 but I couldnt because of the stocks and forearms had rendered them valueless.
stickers
10 Point

Postby chadbragg » Wed May 23, 2018 7:06 am

I was reading up on it this morning. Crazy i woulda never knew. I plan to buy a new a5 and hope its i can get it

chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby stickers » Wed May 23, 2018 11:54 am

chadbragg wrote:I was reading up on it this morning. Crazy i woulda never knew. I plan to buy a new a5 and hope its i can get it

It should be no problem finding one of the leftovers. From what I have seen they dont sell a lot of them. The "Benelli Fans" are a hard group to swing over. When I get mine back I plan on selling it. I am going back to Benelli or Franchi for my Inertia driven guns. But there is no way I could part with the Maxus. It is truly an amazing gun with its light weight and the way it tames recoil.
stickers
10 Point

Postby stickers » Wed May 23, 2018 12:04 pm

I can also tell you that if you get mosquito spray within 5 feet of it that it will peel off. I asked the guy at Browning if that was how they were stripping the guns and he chuckled and said maybe, ha. If it was me and I was to do it over I would just buy a new black synthetic and cerakote it myself.
stickers
10 Point

Postby chadbragg » Wed May 23, 2018 3:50 pm

I feel the same way about my sx3. I'll keep it forever, just always wanted a humpback.

chadbragg
Pope&Young

Return to Guns & Ammo