• Advertisement

Gunsmith in Desoto County area

Discussion pertaining to Firearms & Ammo.

Gunsmith in Desoto County area

Postby Slobberknocker » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:21 pm

Evening folks.Visited my mom this week and found my dad's old "Long Tom". It is a Crescent Arms "VOLUNTEER" single shot in 12 guage. I can never remember my dad not having that gun. I know he had it 60 years or better. Anyway, right before he died last year he evidently shot some crows out of his pecan trees and set it down in the laundry room. Mom's washing machine overflowed and it got wet and she didn't know it was there. I found it and it is rusted pretty bad. Anybody know a good gunsmith in the Desoto County area who can help me get it back. Might take re-blueing.
Slobberknocker
button buck

Re: Gunsmith in Desoto County area

Postby gtk » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:07 am

check with the guy next to kyotos in olive branch... probably can point you in the right direction.
gtk
Admin

Re: Gunsmith in Desoto County area

Postby iveygun3 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:08 pm

re-bluing will kill the value. Gun value for that one is pretty much only sentimental. If I were you, have it cleaned with rust removed best as possible without re-bluing so it will look closer to the old gun it is.
Don't shoot modern Turkey loads in it either, their too hot for that gun. .02
"I am a Glock-O-Holic no intervention needed." Iveygun3
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
Thomas Jefferson
iveygun3
Charter Member

Return to Guns & Ammo