• Advertisement

Jack Slough Hunting Club Share For Sale

Got an opening in a club ? Looking for a club ? Know of a lease ? Put it here.

Jack Slough Hunting Club Share For Sale

Postby Stringwacker » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:58 am

It's a hard decision to make but I have decided that I will sell my share in Jack Slough Hunting Club (dba Black River Camp) in Montgomery and Choctaw counties. Located near Stewart Ms, this camp has +/-4,000 acres of the Big Black River hardwood basin. +/- 1800 acres of the club is owned and paid off by the club. Ducks, deer, turkey (some years are better than others), and hogs abound on the property. Deer have to have a minimum of 18' beam length to be taken. The 29 members of this camp usually harvest about 50 deer a year with about 1/2 being doe. Deer harvest is reduced from the years that no beam requirements were in place; allowing a larger percentage of 3.5 to 4.5 year old bucks. A good buck on this property will score 115 to 135...but many larger have been taken over the years. We have taken 15 or so hogs each of the last two years which has both a positive and negative side.

The Big Black River's headwaters are here and the river is small in some places and deep and wide in others.The turns of the river offer great fishing for those who want to drag a boat through the deadfalls. My son and I have fished it for decades and it never disappoints for bass, catfish, and white perch. I have only bowhunted for the last 31 years and have taken close to 100 deer off the property; mostly with a recurve bow. That said, I would say the bowhunting is only fair but the rifle hunting is very good.

With about 1800 acres of free and clear owned land (plus 2200 leased) there is lots of land to spread out over. The liquidation value far exceeds my asking price for the share that I am looking to sell (land value in total/29 members). I also have a furnished (mostly) mobile home with air condition, central heat, and sat.TV hook ups that I will throw in the deal at no additional cost. The mobile home is 'deer camp' quality but is just good enough that most significant others would come. It also has a nice covered deck to grill and have a good time.

I am asking $125,000 for the share and the annual dues to the club is about $1400 a year for the leased lands. If anyone has any interest, you can call me (Mark) on my cell preferably between the hours of 5pm and 7 pm daily at 601-941-2055
Stringwacker
Spike

Return to Clubs & Leases