• Advertisement

WARNING!!!!

Got an opening in a club ? Looking for a club ? Know of a lease ? Put it here.

WARNING!!!!

Postby Bannerdawg » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:36 pm

Weyerhaeuser is trying to lease land in North Calhoun County, near the Banner community, on the east side of Highway 9W. This is not the QDM club being formed several miles to the west. Providence Hunting Club held this lease for 31 years, but recently disbanded because Weyerhaeuser has leased property adjoining this club to a lunatic who has threatened adjoining club members, adjoining private landowners and local residents. He has threatened the Calhoun County Sheriff, as well as having filed assault charges against a Calhoun County Deputy. Locals and adjoining land owners are incensed and organizing. You will never have a moment's peace, and I am afraid that stands, food plots, etc... will be vandalized. This is a rural area and the locals are all mostly related and dislike Weyerhaeuser. There is also a local landmark near this club and Weyerhaeuser has been unable to keep the gates locked since they were put up 25-30 years ago. Locals have picnicked and climbed on the "Big Rock" for years. Note the number of beer cans scattered along the road of this club and you will realize that this area cannot be controlled. There are also private in-holdings scattered throughout this club and Weyerhaeuser has no ability to control access. Weyerhaeuser is attempting to put an unsuspecting lessee in the middle of a terrible situation. They are trying to trick a club into making a big financial investment in this area, and then forcing said club to attempt to control access that Weyerhaeuser has been unable to control themselves. You will not be welcomed into this area by the locals. Proceed at your own risk!!!!!!
Bannerdawg
button buck

Re: WARNING!!!!

Postby Smacko » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:36 pm

Sounds to me that your one of the locals....just saying
Mike Macko
Team Perfect Ten Champions 2012-2013
Team Ironwood 2013-2014
Team The Rack Smackers 2014-2015
Team Backstrap Brotherhood Champions 2015-2016
Smacko
Pope&Young

Postby huntall » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:47 pm

Great way to jump in on the forum :rotflol:
"TEAM 6"
huntall
Pope&Young

Postby RoadRanger » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:53 pm

Yawn........ And we care because???????
RoadRanger
Pope&Young

Postby Bannerdawg » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:16 pm

I was not a member of Providence Hunting Club, but I am friends with several members. You may not care that Weyerhaeuser is allowing a lessee to string barbed wire across gravel roads that kids frequently ride 4 wheelers along, but I do. Just thought that I would post this to warn someone about the situation because Weyerhaeuser is trying to rook someone into a bad deal. Carry on, sorry to inconvenience anyone.
Bannerdawg
button buck

Postby RoadRanger » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:44 pm

Its not that I have a problem with the message you are trying to spread but my issue is dealing with the fact that you only joined this site to post your personal view point. You don't intend to introduce yourself, share hunting fishing stories / information. Maybe tell us a little about yourself and post up something else that's not anti Weyerhaeuser. This site isn't really the place to just talk a bunch of garbage. If you choose to become a respectable member here I would like to welcome you and encourage you to join in on any topics you would like. Otherwise if you only joined to make this one single post we don't need you here
RoadRanger
Pope&Young

Postby terry08 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:22 pm

Oh my! The RoadRanger, has got his dander up. You go Ranger, lol.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby gtk » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:28 am

So one lone man, is terrorizing an entire community ? Sounds like that community could "take care" of it...

gtk
Admin

Postby Bannerdawg » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:55 am

Now that's an idea...
Bannerdawg
button buck

Postby Bannerdawg » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:56 am

Road Ranger,

I don't know what it is called in Florence, MS, but in my part of the state, we call what I posted in my original post "information." From the dictionary, "Information(noun) facts provided or learned about something or someone." Just sayin
Bannerdawg
button buck

Postby RoadRanger » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:00 pm

Thanks for the definition Bannnerdawg. Glad you are still posting and not just a one post hit and quit kinda fella. Don't take offense to my post, I just think when a new user comes along there should be a introduction of some sort. To get on a new forum and just start ranting about any issue valid OR invalid is odd. Welcome to MSDEER.net and feel free to criticize me if you don't agree with a post I make. I have tuff skin :)
RoadRanger
Pope&Young

Postby brewer03 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:37 pm

are there any turkeys on this lease???
Triple Threat 2015- 2016

Serious Six 2014-2015

Rajun Sardis Bucks
2013-2014 deer hunting champs

life is great the oppurtunity to hunt and fish make it even better
brewer03
Pope&Young

Postby Bannerdawg » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:48 pm

There are turkeys, deer and wild hogs. The land is 95% planted pines, with a large area freshly clear cut, and a lot of the area is in young, un-thinned pine stands. The property is very steep, so access to food plots are mainly old logging decks along the road.
Bannerdawg
button buck

Postby Bannerdawg » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:58 pm

Road Ranger,

I am new to the forum, so I guess I didn't realize the usual decorum. I am a 45 year old college graduate that works in the construction business. I am married(to a woman) and have 3 children ranging in age from 6 to 18. I mainly just deer hunt these days on our family farm in Calhoun County, but I prefer upland bird and duck hunting. I did a lot of travelling hunts in my younger days, but the cost of raising a family and limitations on my time due to work/family has slowed me down. Thanks for letting me know the rules and I didn't take any comments personally. Maybe I'll have something useful to add to the discussions and if anyone is interested in leasing land in my area, by all means let me know. I may be able to put you in contact with some existing clubs in the area, or I may be able to steer you to some available land to lease. I will try to tell you everything I know(good and bad).
Bannerdawg
button buck

Postby jbullard1 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:30 pm

Bannerdawg
I am from the banner area, I am totally aware of a lot of issues with the Providence and Big Rock hunting club many years ago.
You can private message me your name I may know you.
The J in my user name is for Jerry.
I was reluctant to post on this, because I left that area and Big Rock Hunting Club many years ago.
I was sure glad to see the the other forum member trying to start a QDMA club was on the other side of 9W and around the Driver Flat area.
Other forum members.
This has been going on in that area for many many years.
I will not name any names but I could.
Thank You for the warning
Jerry Bullard
Team 5 Co-Champion with Team 1 2014-2015
Team Genesis 2013-2014
Team Rack Blaster 2012-2013
Resident Geezer and Granpaw
jbullard1
Granpaw

Postby jbullard1 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:31 pm

Oh yes the usual decorum is to introduce yourself.
Welcome to MsDeer.net
Team 5 Co-Champion with Team 1 2014-2015
Team Genesis 2013-2014
Team Rack Blaster 2012-2013
Resident Geezer and Granpaw
jbullard1
Granpaw

Postby Bannerdawg » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:01 pm

Thanks jbullard1.
Bannerdawg
button buck

Postby Smacko » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:05 pm

Welcome and I guessed I stirred the pot up as well which I can do from time to time....hopefully whoever gets it can get a handle on the trespassers.
Mike Macko
Team Perfect Ten Champions 2012-2013
Team Ironwood 2013-2014
Team The Rack Smackers 2014-2015
Team Backstrap Brotherhood Champions 2015-2016
Smacko
Pope&Young

Postby LadyHunter » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:20 pm

I take the kids camping for a week and yall try to start trouble!

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners

WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Postby RoadRanger » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:26 pm

Its all good now LadyHunter, I honestly thought Banner posted this topic as his first post just to rant. Now looking back I see he is here with good intentions and all is well on my end. Banner you do get the post of the day award in my opinion in reguards for your post about who you are and such and my favorite thing was the fact you said... I am married ( to a woman ) LOL....... I suppose this day in age we have to specify that fact. Sad but true. Anyways it made me Laugh
RoadRanger
Pope&Young

Postby terry08 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:36 am

So glad yall got this settled. Welcome bannerdawg, looking forward to your presence on the site.

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby Bannerdawg » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:44 am

Thanks for the welcome. And to make this more clear, it's not as simple as some folks trespassing. Weyerhaeuser doesn't own all the land that they have built gates around. But, they leased land to folks that didn't know the situation, and told them they could restrict access. When pushed by private landowners for access, Weyerhaeuser wants to know why private owners want to get to their land, asks how many people will be on the land and who. That is none of their business. Just like it is no one else's business who or how many folks Weyerhaeuser leases their land to. They have been bad neighbors, and the whole community is organized against them. It is not helping that WH brought in some young, wet behind the ears kid to manage the situation that doesn't have the people skills to solve the problems.
Bannerdawg
button buck

Postby terry08 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:18 pm

Sounds like another case of money wanting to control anything and anyone they want to.

terry08
Pope&Young

Postby LadyHunter » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:32 pm

Long and short of it..in Mississippi you have to allow access if your property is the only means of access. If it was my property and someone, especially a large company, was trying to restrict my access I would be p***ed. What, how, when, who on my property is my business. If I was the lease holder I would want my money back and move on. To much drama for a hunt.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners

WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Postby bigsteve » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:52 pm

This is exactly why I don't belong to a lease today I got tired of bs rules for some in the lease and not for all I never liked being told where I could hunt and it's hard to swallow when you loose a lease I have lost one not too long ago out bid after I killed a 166" buck there you are going to see more and more of this deer hunting has become a lucrative business and some as hunters have become greedy instead of sharing the memories it has become all about me and the hell
with everyone else and land goes to the man with the most money as far as the people who leased the property they deserve the right to get what they have paid for as far as the locals they will always reject anyone who comes into what they think is their domain where they own any land or not I have to deal with some of these unethical idiots on public land I hunt in Arkansas if they spent more time trying to enjoy what God worked so hard to bless us with everyone would be a lot happier nuff said welcome to our site

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk
TEAM #5 four of a kind 2014
VIETNAM 68--71 3RD MARINE DIV.
DIE HARD CRIMSON TIDE FAN !!!!!!
CROSS BOW HUNTING GEESSER
bigsteve
Deer Killing Machine

Return to Clubs & Leases