• Advertisement

Homebrew trail cam help please

Trailcam pics, questions, and good links

Homebrew trail cam help please

Postby RoadRanger » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:36 am

I have a trail camera built by the legend himself Mr. SardisDeerHunter. I put it out a few months ago during deer season and it was not working. Just before Mr.Ken passed away we had been speaking back and forth and had come down to thinking my yeti board is the issue. Looks to have some corosion spots on it. Are their any homebrew builders who would give me more advice and may be willing to let me ship them my camera to get a idea how much it would cost to repair. Being how it was built and used by Mr.Ken I would love to be able to keep it going
RoadRanger
Pope&Young

Re: Homebrew trail cam help please

Postby gtk » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:42 pm

Can ya post a pic of the board? It should be fairly easy to trouble shoot.
gtk
Admin

Postby RoadRanger » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:25 pm

OK I tried posting the pic but it says my file size is too big? Can I email it to someone to post? Mr. Ken was thinking that white stuff just left of the red switch box thing was the issue. I know NOTHING about these cams. I know its a Yeti 1.3 board with a Samsung Digimax A402 camera.
RoadRanger
Pope&Young

Postby gtk » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:30 am

email it to me... admin "@" msdeer.net
gtk
Admin

Postby gtk » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:28 pm

Looks like moisture has gotten in the case to me . Do you have any denatured alcohol ? If so, get some on a qtip and give it a light scrubbing.

Are you sure the camera functions correctly? I'm not familiar with the A402 wiring, but with the Sony digitals, I can short out common & power to test the functionality of the camera..
gtk
Admin

Postby RoadRanger » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:41 pm

I see no reason why the camera wouldnt function. I can manually take a picture with it as it sits right now. Would regular rubbing alcohol work? Not sure what denatured is.
RoadRanger
Pope&Young

Postby gtk » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:30 pm

regular rubbing alcohol is not good for electronics, as it has a lot of water in it..

can you send me a pic of where your camera plugs into the main board? Does it have three wires?
gtk
Admin

Postby RoadRanger » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:38 pm

No sir it has four wires.. Red, Green, Black and White. Only way I can take a pic of where it goes into the board is to take the board off the four post its screwed to. All four wires go into a plug that is plugged into the back of the board.
RoadRanger
Pope&Young

Return to Trailcam