• Advertisement

Bad experience with Primos

Trailcam pics, questions, and good links

Bad experience with Primos

Postby flipper » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:14 am

Last year I bought 3 Primos Truth Cam 35 Ultras. I've posted on here previously about the poor quality of photos. One of the cameras had to be replaced within 2 months. Now that one won't work. :bash: I contacted Primos and they said I needed to ship it to the Bushnell lab in Kansas. Of course that means I'll have to pay shipping, yet I live only 20 miles from the Primos headquarters in Flora. :livid: I told the Primos folks that I wasn't going to put any more money into one of their products. I thought I was doing good by buying from a local business, but evidently all they do is have them made in China, and serviced by another company in another state. I don't recommend Primos products. I think they are out to rip us off :nono: .......but I do hear that the food at Primos restaurant is good.
2016-2017 *Team 8* ANTLER ADDICTS

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Re: Bad experience with Primos

Postby terry08 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:37 pm

I could have saved you some money, if you had read my post two years ago. Worst cameras ever made. At that time, you could have taken it to Flora for replacement. But after they sold out, you can no longer do that. I would never buy another Primos product. And I did let them know. But guess what, there's another fool out there to take my place. It will take awhile to come full circle.
In fact I think getting into the game cam business was the worst mistake Primos ever made. They were at the top of their game with all their products. Very seldom read a bad review on their products. But once they introduced their line of cameras. It was nothing but bad reviews. Someone dropped the ball.

Sent from my SCH-R760X using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby flipper » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:30 pm

I can't believe I bought 3 of them at one time. NEVER will I do that again. In my last email to them, I told them that I wasn't going to put any more money into their product which was poor quality in the first place. I also told them that I was going to post on the forum about my experience with their customer service. I never heard another word from them. I will not ever buy anything with the Primos name again, even if it is supposedly a good product. I just simply don't need them...... Wish I had known all this before Terry...............

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Postby ufgators68 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:17 pm

I have a Wild Game Innovations camera and it has been the best that I have owned. Quick reaction time and takes HD video. Best $200 that I have spent on a game camera.

I will post a video or two when I go back to work.
ufgators68
Boone&Crockett

Postby terry08 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:27 am

Flipper, you should have known if it didn't say Harley Davidson, it would be a dud lol.
It happens to everyone, in fact I was for warned by a friend. He had returned two, but thought they had the issues resolved. Mine took horrible pics, and filled with water. Never buy three of the same brand. That way you can get a hands on comparison of three different brands.

Sent from my SCH-R760X using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby flipper » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:01 pm

Yeah, I learned that lesson the hard way. I was going on the info that one of the CRNA's where I work gave me. He said he had done a lot of research, and that those would be the best value for my money. Wrong. I'll do my own research next time.

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Postby flipper » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:02 pm

ufgators68 wrote:I have a Wild Game Innovations camera and it has been the best that I have owned. Quick reaction time and takes HD video. Best $200 that I have spent on a game camera.

I will post a video or two when I go back to work.

Hurry up and go back to work so I can see the video :lol:

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Postby ufgators68 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:29 pm

I go back Monday. Been on paid holiday since the 20th of Dec. :ylsuper:
ufgators68
Boone&Crockett

Postby jaystew » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:41 pm

I think HD makes one!! :drool lol I have several of the small 99$ walmart cameras that are the best Ive owned. Ive had them all!!
jaystew
10 Point

Postby jv » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:30 pm

Have been thinking of getting a couple before long....I now know what not to buy.
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby ufgators68 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:19 am

If you turn up the volume, on this one, you can hear him grunt.
ufgators68
Boone&Crockett

Postby ufgators68 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:27 am

After watching these... Youtube changed the resolution or something. They aren't as clear as they are on my computer. I will check the settings and see if I can change it.
ufgators68
Boone&Crockett

Postby flipper » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:51 pm

Those are all great videos. Is battery life good? What size do those cameras take? How long have you had them in use?

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Postby ufgators68 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:14 pm

On pics... battery life is good. I've left it out for a month and it still had juice when I checked it. HD video requires a little more juice to use and drains the batteries a little faster. It takes D cell batteries or you can get the 6 volt external battery. This is its the third season and it has probably taken over 5,000 pics/vids since I bought it.

It also has a wifi attachment that lets you check it from up to 100 yards away. It works but it will eat through those D cell batteries in just a couple of weeks. I will probably get the external battery and solar charger for it... one of these days.
ufgators68
Boone&Crockett

Postby ufgators68 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:40 am

I may have spoken too soon. It appears that the IR flash has gone out on my camera. Once I find the model info/serial number, I'm going to contact WGI and see what can be done about it.
ufgators68
Boone&Crockett

Postby chadbragg » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:23 pm

Gator just don't try to get help from their customer service. It's useless.
TEAM Rack Stackers aka THE WINNERS!!!
chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby ufgators68 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:30 pm

chadbragg wrote:Gator just don't try to get help from their customer service. It's useless.

Actually, they were pretty friendly and were going to replace it until I told them that it wasn't under warranty. Unfortunately, they don't have a repair shop.

I may try to take it apart and fix it myself.
ufgators68
Boone&Crockett

Postby ChemEng » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:26 pm

Lesson learned the hard way..My 3 Bushnell Bone Collectors have done pretty well for three years until one went out last week. Just got a Covert last week that I have not checked yet and a WGI yesterday, not HD, but seems really sturdy and quality made. For 1-2 hundred dollars that is about all you can expect....these cameras operate in extreme environments and are limited in durability, they are not Military/NASA spec. Gonna take my broken one apart and see if I can fix it. This can be as an expensive a sport as you want to make it! It's good to have places like this to share because it will save you time and $$$$.
ChemEng
button buck

Return to Trailcam