• Advertisement

--New Member Intro --

Tell us about yourself, your website, and if you have something to sell, your product.

--New Member Intro --

Postby gtk » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:23 pm

Someone suggested I create a place for members to introduce themselves. I think its a good idea, except there isn't but like 16 people registered, and I know three of them :lol: Anyhowz, we will try it ..
Last edited by gtk on Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
gtk
Admin

Postby DavidT » Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:33 am

Somebody's gotta start somewhere!
My name is David Thomas, I live in Hurley, MS
I am 50 years old, I work at Northrup-Grumman, I would rather deer hunt than eat, (but eating is a very close second)! :)
I like collecting and trading guns. I'm married to the best woman that I could hope for and I have 3 sons.
I've been hunting in Stone Co. for the past 4 years with a club, but I'm looking for a place for the 05/06 season.
Be careful who you step on while you're trying to claw your way to the top, You never know who you might meet on the way back down!
DavidT
Charter Member

Postby nobucks » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:57 am

Hi my name is Jim and I am 44 married to a very sweet lady and have two boys.I work for the Miss Dept of Transportatoin.I am retired from the army guard 24 years.I like church,hunting,fishing and golf.I live in panola co ms.I hunt on family land but i like to hunt the wma draw hunts.I love to play golf so if any of you guys that live close by want to play some times let me know.I play a lot at mallard point.You guys have a blessed day. :)
nobucks
12 Point

Postby HoopT » Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:46 pm

Hi! My name is Dave. I grew up in Wilkinson County, went to State and currently live in Houston TX. I am 45, married to an Aggie, with 3 boys, 14, 3 & 2. I still have family in Wilkinson County and visit regularly. I enjoy all hunting and fishing.

Please keep me posted on the hunting activity.
HoopT
button buck

Postby gtk » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:03 pm

My name is Greg. Born in Memphis, but moved to Olive Branch when I was very young & raised on my grandfathers dairy farm. Went to Delta State. Now married & 2 kids, 12yr old girl & 10 yr old boy (who is quite a handful). Work @ FedEx . I hunt in DeSoto County for now, but at the rate its growing, probably won't be for to many more years.
gtk
Admin

Postby 14ReelFun » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:58 am

My name is Tommy, I'm 43 years od and have lived in Ellisville on my life. I'm married to a wonderful gal named Tammie and have 3 stepsons, two are 17 and one 13. I grew up on a dairy and chicken farm and have hunted and fished all my life on Leaf River but spent most of my teen years deer hunting in Greene County with my uncle. I'm an offshore Lease Operator working out of Theodore Ala. but spent 17 years out of Venice La. working the Ms. River delta region.
14ReelFun
button buck

Postby Jaggermax » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:36 am

My name is Clay DuBois (Jaggermax from Hags House and that other site) and I am originally from Long Beach, but now live in Diamondhead. 1991 USM Grad, I am 36 years old with wonderful wife, 5yr old son, and 2yr old daughter. I work for Triton Systems designing ATM machines like you see in the convience stores. I own couple hundred acres in a small community in Copiah county called Jack, which is just west of Crystal Springs but have access to 2000 acres which surrounds my property (relatives) and LOVE hunting that area. I also hunt quite a bit with my cousin who lives in Cayuga.
Jaggermax
button buck

Postby gtk » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:21 pm

btt... Found this way on down the list
gtk
Admin

Postby leepurvis » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:36 pm

well, guess I'll add my name to it....

My name is Lee Purvis (guess you never could have figured that, huh?) I'm 46 and have lived in the Memphis area for 12 years and in Olive Branch for 8 of that. I'm divorced with a 17 year old son and a 15 year old daughter. I'm a warehouse manager with a specialty candy distributor called Vistar Marjack and work in southeast Memphis. I was born in Yazoo City, went to elementary and junior high in the Hattiesburg area, then High school in the Madison area. I graduated from State, spent 10 years in the Army, and moved to Memphis when I got out. I like to hunt and fish, but don't get to do nearly as much as I like. When I hunt, I typically go back home to hunt with my best friend who has 500 acres near the Yazoo/Madison county line. While it would be nice to have something close, his land don't cost me anything to hunt except a few work days and the time to drive there, plus the dues that most clubs want buys a whole lotta gas.
Last edited by leepurvis on Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lee

"Dear Life, when I said "Can my day get any worse?" it was a rhetorical question not a challenge"- Will Ferrell

“If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.” Thomas Paine
leepurvis
Pope&Young

Postby jalbrsn » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:03 pm

Hi my name is Jeff Alberson. I am 29 years old. Born in Memphis, TN. Lived in Desoto County all my life. I am married with 5 kids. 3 are mine and 2 stepkids. 3 boys and 2 girls. Besides Chruch and family hunting is my life. I lease 144 acres not alot but it backs up to wall doxey state park in Holly Springs and has alot of deer.
jalbrsn
Pope&Young

Postby bt58 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:07 pm

I'm Britt Thomas, born and raised in Crystal Springs, MS...just south of Jackson. My family farms around 2000 acres of cotton and corn in SW Hinds County. I am a student at Southern Miss in my fourth and final year...I should graduate in August of this year, right after I get married in May of this year.
bt58
12 Point

Postby msbanker32 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:28 pm

My name is Shane. I just turned 33 and I have a 2yr 4 month old boy and a 4 month old girl. I am married to a wonderful and patient women from Meridian, MS. I am a commercial banker and work at BancorpSouth. I hunt in Hernando MS but am currently looking for a new place to hunt as my kids get older! I love to hunt deer and ducks but when it is over I am not sad. I chase crappie as hard as anybody and i prefer to wade for them. Have a blessed day! :)
msbanker32
4 Point

Postby jbullard1 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:35 pm

Hello Im Jerry Bullard I was raised in calhoun county and am 52 years old for the last 28 years I have been a mechanic working on equipment in the logging, construction, and transportation industries. Presently I am employed by Tri State Truck Centers operating a small leasing shop in my hometown. I got 4 kids and 6 grandchildren. Aside from hunting I use my free time working my vegetable garden and shooting targets. This year I hunted on 46 acres of land and with eight hunters we took 14 deer, five were very long range shots 250yds or more all but two were one shot kills, and no wounded deer this year. I havent visited many hunting sites but this seems to be the friendliest and most interesting :)
Team 5 Co-Champion with Team 1 2014-2015
Team Genesis 2013-2014
Team Rack Blaster 2012-2013
Resident Geezer and Granpaw
jbullard1
Granpaw

Postby Part Time Hunter » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:19 am

Hello, my name is Tommy, I have lived at Waterford for the past 10 years. I grew up in Red Banks and I have hunted there my whole life. I have a few places to hunt, all in Marshall county. My wife Terri is a wonderful woman, she puts up with alot of junk when deer season rolls around. I have been hunting for about 25 years and I think the older I get the more I love it. I always look forward to my next hunt, whether its tomorrow or next season. My wife and I own our own business in Holly Springs. Between us we have three sons that help keep our lives interesting, I just hope and pray that I can instill the values my father passed on to me, or should I say forced on me. I'm a simple guy and sometimes I don't know where my next meal is coming from, but I always look up when I say thank you.
Last edited by Part Time Hunter on Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
help preserve our national blast time.
Part Time Hunter
Non-Typical

Postby nsutton » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:37 am

Hello, my name is Noel. I'm 45, was born in Memphis, moved to MS when I was 12, moved back to Memphis after graduating Delta State in '83(long before GTK). Live in Collierville, TN now. I married a preacher's daughter (the straight kind, not one of the wild ones), from MS, have two sons, 18 and 15. Both also like to hunt and visit the site. Love to hunt just about anything. Actually love to do anything outdoors. Been working in the automotive industry my entire career (wholesale, retail, etc. in the automotive aftermarket), for basically two companies, AutoZone and TBC Corp.
nsutton
10 Point

Postby teacher » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:18 pm

My name is Todd. I live in Holly Springs, teach 7th and 8th grade math and science in Potts Camp, and preach for the Holly Springs Church of Christ. I have been married for the last 17 years to Leigh Anne who is the principal at the elementary school in Potts Camp. We have three beautiful daughters 14, 11, and 2 (yes we thought we were through!). My wife thinks I have too many hobbies, but she puts up with them all. I am like the rest of you and I love to hunt, but I also play some golf, play SOCOM on the playstation and I am a certified scuba diver even though I rarely got to go. One of my other passions is Sardis Lake Christian Camp. I have been on the board of directors for the camp for about 4 years now and currently serve as vice-chairman.
Score one for the little guy!
teacher
8 Point

Postby gen bullard » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:22 pm

Gen Bullard grew up in Bruce,MS now live in Rosie, AR(10 miles from Batesville) I am 33 with 3 kids Payton 12, Haley 9,Haston(little)7 (noone knows his real name). my wife is a teacher @ the local elem school. I am a self enployed floor contractor (good for hunting). If we're not working, we're hunting,fishing,or racing.

I killed my 1st deer @ 10
Payton was 8 (7 deer 1 turkey 3 coyotes)
Haley was 7 (4 deer 1 turkey)
Little was 5 (10 deer 3 turkey 5 coyotes)

my wife went deer hunting once and killed 1 deer (she said it was to easy)

We have some private land to hunt , but most is done on public WMAs
gen bullard
Gone but not Forgotten

member intro

Postby KILLADEAUX » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:12 pm

My name is Brad "Killadeaux" Thibodaux. I'm 66 years old, married to my wonderful wife Betty for 47 years, 6 children, all grown and 2 grandsons ages 24 and17. I'm in the life and health insurance business in Baton Rouge, La. for over 40 years. I hunt at Montgomery Farm Hunting Club in Edwards, Ms. You can go to our website, mfhuntclub.com to see pictures of our members and some of deer killed.
KILLADEAUX
Spike

Postby gtk » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:45 pm

well done website, killaduex

congrats on 47 years... thats a feat that is not seen often anymore :)

how long would it take me to get to edwards from olive branch :wink:
gtk
Admin

to gtk

Postby KILLADEAUX » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:39 pm

Edwards, Ms. is about 15 min from Vicksburg, about 6 min from Bovina exit on I-20. Where is Olive Branch?
KILLADEAUX
Spike

Postby gtk » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:42 pm

just a few mile across the state line from memphis :)

i drove to vicksburg one time when i got drawn to hunt at manhanna. long way but well worth it !
gtk
Admin

Postby rexhowell » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:04 am

Hi, thanks for visiting me, I came over and you have a great site here.
Hope i can help add to it.
rexhowell
button buck

Re: --New Member Intro --

Postby bohuntr » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:51 pm

My name is Kenny Fayard. Live in Waveland Ms. Until this year hunted only in Hancock County. I am now in a hunting lease in Holmes County. Married for 27 years. Have two kids ages 25 and 21.
bohuntr
6 Point

Postby sonora redneck » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:06 pm

Just saw this. My name is Casey Smith I live in Houston Ms. I like hunting fishing and riding horses. I work for J2 in the summer and weekends. I currently am staying in Fulton while going to school.
sonora redneck
8 Point

Postby razrback » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:38 am

My name is Mike Taylor, currently an 4th year architecture student at MSU. Got one more year to go :ylsuper:. Currently working for a firm in Columbus. Orginally from Arkansas been in MS about 5 years. I mostly hunt public land would like to get in a lease but the little time I have to hunt is not worth paying dues. Love to hunt turkey, deer, squirrel...heck any kind of critter also I love to fish. Have a wonderful wife and a son (2yrs) and I can't wait till he is a little older so I can teach him to appreciate the outdoors.
"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic."
- Ted Nugent
razrback
6 Point

Next

Return to Links, Products, & Introductions