• Advertisement

Scent control products?

Whats happening in your neck of the woods ?

Scent control products?

Postby nobucks » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:10 am

What type of scent control products do you guys ues? I tryed a new product this past year and I can say it worked very well.It was devloped by a hog hunter and if you know anything about hogs,you know there nose is 8 times better than a deer.The name of it is "No Scents At All.Its made and sold by Southernoutdoorproducts in walker LA.I had deer downwind of me at 25-30yards hunting about 12ft high and the deer never winded me.I even grunted at him and he picked his head up and sniffed the air and neve smelled me.Not one time this year did I get busted by a deers nose.I am now a product rep for this company.If any of you guys would like to give it a try this fall just let me know.I going to try and get it in some of the hunting stores this fall.Check it out at http://www.southernoutdoorproducts.com :) :wink:
nobucks
12 Point

Postby gtk » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:01 am

Hi nobucks, how ya feeling ?

I always wanted to buy some of that scent-blocker stuff. But I just dont see how it works as well as they say it does. I always had it in the back of my mind that the carbon can only filter so much before it becomes ineffective. Also, i've read that to truely reactivate carbon, you have to heat it way hotter than a dryer gets... So, I just dont know on scent-control clothing.

The odor elimination stuff on that website looks interesting. Currently, I use the "Scent-Away" stuff from h s strutt i think. Most mornings, sometimes the evening before) before I go hunting, I always shower with scent free soap, use the scent-free deodorant, and use the scent-away spray when I get in the field.

I keep all my hunting clothes, boots, and gear in a cedar lined closet., and wash them in the "scent away" detergent.

When I'm in my stand, a lot of times I will get some pine needles and crush them with my knife or edge of a piece of wood, and wipe it all over my clothes. It does help, that pine odor is STRONG.

While I have had deer wind me and run off, MOST of the time what happens is the deer smell "something" but can't quite figure me out. They usually dont run off, but will go on "alert" for a minute or two then relax...

Thanks for the link nobucks. I may have to try that stuff out.

Greg
gtk
Admin

Postby bt58 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:36 pm

When bowhunting I keep my clothes in a bag with pinestraw or when I'm hunting near our cotton fields I'll use cotton bolls. I play the wind, if the wind's not right I won't bowhunt that stand. I have used carbon spray, but I was still using the wind in my favor, so I can't really say how effective it was.
bt58
12 Point

Postby nobucks » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:15 am

Im doing well after the surgery.I used the scent away for years and I can say that I think the noscents at all is as good or better than the scent away.If you wash your cloths in the detergent and use the shampoo and body wash you cant go wrong.We also have the spray also.Give it a try this fall guys and let me know what you think. :wink:
nobucks
12 Point

Postby Rod » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:43 pm

I've used Scent Shield, Scent-A-Way, etc. in the past. Last year I used No Scents At All and it did very well. I'll be using it in the future.
Rod
button buck

Postby gtk » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:35 am

Where can you get "NoScents" ? Just from the website, or do they supply retailers with their products ?

I will definately give them a try this fall ...
gtk
Admin

Postby Rod » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:45 am

You can order it off the website, or here is a list of dealers that carry it.

http://www.southernoutdoorproducts.com/find-dealer.htm
Rod
button buck

Postby Bayou » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:53 pm

I too used no scents at all and was very impressed.It has know odor.
You will find me 25 feet up in a tree.
Bayou
button buck

Postby nobucks » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:24 pm

Im trying to get Oaktree outdoors in hornlake to carry it Gery.Im also a rep for southernoutdoors.If you order from the site let wayne know how you found out about it. :D :wink:
nobucks
12 Point

Postby gtk » Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:49 am

The main guys name at OakTree is "Bart". While I really dont know him personally, I have a good friend who does.

I purchased a Franchi shotgun from Bart. He was a pleasure to do business with. I like his store too. I hope he can hold out against the big retailers like Bass Pro, Wally world, & such.
gtk
Admin

Postby nobucks » Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:49 am

I know bart and I bought a gun and other hunting stuff from him.I gave him some samples this past year.I have not got back with him yet.I hope he liked it ,and hopefuly will stock it. :)
nobucks
12 Point

Flat Works

Postby omegaman66 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:43 pm

I use No Scents At All as well and it is good stuff.

It doesn't work like the carbon stuff. The carbon spray leaves a residue the No Scents At All is more like a soapy water. No Scents At All has no carbon and works in a totally different way.

Carbon absorbs odor, No Scents At All encapsulates the molecules and destroys them and has anti-bacterial stuff in it to kill the bacteria that cause the smell in the first place.

To get mazimum benefit you use the shampoo/body wash then put on your hunting clothes that were washed in the laundry detergent and when in the woods you spray down with the spray.

Just the spray has worked well for me after I sweated during bow season working and sweating like a pig doing work that was suppose to be done before the season started but never seems to happen that way.
omegaman66
button buck

Postby gtk » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:26 am

welcome omegaman66!

thx for joining in..
gtk
Admin

Postby nobucks » Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:38 am

Thanks omegaman for coming over.Hope some of the others from thejump.net will check it out also. :D
nobucks
12 Point

Postby Rajun cajun » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:24 pm

Hey gang! To answer a few question about No scents at All.........as I am the person who developed the chemistry..........

Yeah I am a redneck with knowledge..........scary huh!

I owned a soap and specialty chemical company (which I sold this past april) and I was formulating products that actualy destroyed odors at commercial landfills...garbage dumps........

As I was not happy with hunting odor eliminators that was out on the market, and my wife asked me to formulate something to kill the "funky odor" in my old tennis shoes, I went to work on modifying my chemistry...........

After 18 months of chemistry formulation and field testing, I had a product that covered my scent so well, I had russian boars walking down the same trail I use 30 minutes before they showed up, and they did not spook...........I field tested it and sent samples out to hunters all over the country and canada and had nothing but positive results!

The chemistry is a combination of products, no not carbon or baking soda......but certain compounds that form to create an open sided molecule cluster that will grab the odor molecule, cause it to migrate to the open side and be pulled in, then the cluster surrounds and encapsulates it and breaks it down.

Currently we sell most of the products off the website but are slowly gaining a foothold with retailers...........

I have had people use it to eliminate doe in heat from their clothes, get skunk odors off of them (clothes and body), and what ever you do, DO NOT let your wife or girlfriend get their hands on the Boot and Clothes Spray............it will work 1000 times better than febreeze around the house!

In fact, I am soon to market a line for the home use called Cajun Elimination. A concentrated household odor eliminaotr with a woodland meadow fragrance (to please the women) which dilutes with water 5:1, a santizing/cleaner/ odor eliminator for cleaning up after crawfish boils or for other uses, and a handsoap for using after eating boiled crawfish or crabs or seafood........

So now you know!

Wayne
Rajun cajun
Pope&Young

Postby ufgators68 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:13 am

gtk wrote:The main guys name at OakTree is "Bart". While I really dont know him personally, I have a good friend who does.

I purchased a Franchi shotgun from Bart. He was a pleasure to do business with. I like his store too. I hope he can hold out against the big retailers like Bass Pro, Wally world, & such.

Last time I was in his place, I was shocked. His prices were through the roof high. :shock: :shock:
ufgators68
Boone&Crockett

Postby gtk » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:40 am

yes, his prices are very high on some things, but when I purchased my o/u from him, he had the best price on them.

buck&bass in memphis was like that.. They were ski-high on some things, but cheaper on other... I guess they get customers simply for convenience and support.
gtk
Admin

Postby mshunter » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:41 am

Has anyone tried the Dust Stuff instead of spray, I haven't tried it but I am curious? I have always used Buck Stops odor eliminator spray and clothes wash to get rid of scent, and then like bt58, I would put in a bag with pine limbs or cedar chips or oak leaves. depending on area I was hunting. I have always been pretty successful in hunting and have been doing this for years.
Thank God for each and every opportunity that You have to take a kid hunting and set an example.
mshunter
Charter Member

Postby nobucks » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:37 pm

I have used the one by knight and Hale and it worked ok but it was hard to get in a wal-mart store.I use only our prouduct now Noscents at all by southernoutdoor prouducts. :)
nobucks
12 Point

Postby mshunter » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:19 pm

nobucks,

How good is this No Scent? Have you had luck using it? What did you use, the Combo pack or just the spray for clothing???? Anyone else using this stuff around here that likes it? :?: :?: :wink:

.....Ed
Thank God for each and every opportunity that You have to take a kid hunting and set an example.
mshunter
Charter Member

Postby Rajun cajun » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:11 am

Rajun cajun
Pope&Young

Postby nobucks » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:51 pm

Mshunter,I used it last year and I can say that im am very pleased with it.I told wayne that I had to use it before I would push it.I put up a stand about 12ft high and hunted it when the wind was in my back.Well I had a small buck come out downwind at about 30yrds and feed for some time.I took my grunt call out and grunted at him and he brought his head and smelled the air and went back to feeding.The wind was 10-12 so i know he should have smelled me but he dident.
Over the years I have used the other products and I can truley say I havent used one as good as noscents-at-all.I think if you give it a try you will like it.I use evey thing we carry in that line and I use it like it tells you and I have had great results.We have a comb pack and that is your soap,laundry det,and spray. :wink:
nobucks
12 Point

Postby mshunter » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:40 am

Nobucks,

Can you get this stuff local? If so where? or do you have to order it?...Thanks,....Ed
mshunter
Charter Member

Postby gtk » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:16 am

mshunter, I know you can order it online.. I dont know about "locally".. Just click the link under nobucks signature to southernoutdoor products, or go to the main page of this site and click the icon for southern outdoor products.
gtk
Admin

Postby nobucks » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:38 pm

Bart at Oaktree told me to come back in sept and he would take an order.Im also trying to get it in some other stores.You will never see it in wal-mart though.I to like giving the small people my money.
nobucks
12 Point

Next

Return to Whitetail Deer Discussion