• Advertisement

Paid hunts

Whats happening in your neck of the woods ?

Paid hunts

Postby DC16 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:02 pm

Anyone know any good places for a paid hunt not to pricey but quality hunting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DC16
button buck

Re: Paid hunts

Postby gtk » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:33 am

honestly, I do not. the first thing that comes to mind is Giles Island, but I don't know how pricey they are. They may have a management hunt. I would look @ Alabama & Texas for a management buck hunt as well.
gtk
Admin

Paid hunts

Postby glenn » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:55 pm

Giles island has some phenomenal deer. The last I heard a 3 day bow hunt through November runs $2,200 for 1 trophy and 1 management buck. They also shoot a lot of does and I don't think they charge you any extra for those. No trophy fees either. I used to know several people that guided over there, but I'm not sure if any of them still do or not. You also need to figure guide tips. I think it is about $150 a day. I'm sure the promise of a better tip for a big one might up your odds.

Late December is prime rut and you would probably pay 3 times the bow season price, but you can also gun hunt. I think other times vary in price.

Back in the 80's I hunted the Louisiana property that joins them on the north side. I also did a lot of rabbit hunting on Giles. Access starts getting difficult above 40' on the Natchez gauge of the Mississippi River. Of course, that starts pushing the deer into closer quarters. They also have a barge to cross old river to get onto the island. If you have the money and can afford it you would be hard pressed to find a better place for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never mistake kindness for weakness!
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Return to Whitetail Deer Discussion