• Advertisement

No license or out of state license?

Whats happening in your neck of the woods ?

No license or out of state license?

Postby 1886 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:04 am

Alright so my inlaws have land in Mississippi. I've never hunted it but have baited it over the past few years just to see what's out there. We'll its hog wild out there and there are a few nice bucks too. I live out of state so the cost for me to hunt legally there is around $400 from my understanding. What is the fine for hunting without a license there? In the area they live in I've seen people spot lighting out there so I know it isn't much of a game warden presence. I've never hunted without a license before so a little leary about it.
button buck

Re: No license or out of state license?

Postby chadbragg » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:17 am

1886 wrote:Alright so my inlaws have land in Mississippi. I've never hunted it but have baited it over the past few years just to see what's out there. We'll its hog wild out there and there are a few nice bucks too. I live out of state so the cost for me to hunt legally there is around $400 from my understanding. What is the fine for hunting without a license there? In the area they live in I've seen people spot lighting out there so I know it isn't much of a game warden presence. I've never hunted without a license before so a little leary about it.

Really on an open forum asking about illegal activities......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TEAM Rack Stackers aka THE WINNERS!!!
chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby 1886 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:15 pm

Yeah It's probably not a good idea..another question I have..I read on ms.gov website that a resident land owner can hunt on their own land without a license. Am I reading that correctly? My father in law can take a deer on his property during season with no license, tags etc..?
button buck

Postby jv » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:00 pm

Yes he can.....but you living out of state you have to buy a license.
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby 1886 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:16 pm

Ok. Thank you for the reply. Yeah Ill buy one. I have been hunting all my live no need to start breaking laws now.
button buck

Postby stickers » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:30 pm

If you are in state resident with no license I think it is around $700. Cant imagine what it would be for a non resident. Atleast this is what I was told by a GW when I caught a poacher who had no license. He said personally that I wouldnt even pursue the trespassing charges due to the fact of no license.
stickers
10 Point

Postby LadyHunter » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:09 pm

If you father in law owns the property, hunts only on the property, and doesn't leave the property with the unprocessed deer, he doesn't HAVE to have a license.
But why wouldn't he buy one? If he is 65 or disabled, they don't cost.
As to you. ... buy the license. .. support the sport in the state.

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners

WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Postby bigsteve » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:12 am

We as hunters are responsible for ourselves to police our own ranks I think our fourm members will agree no illegal activity will be supported by this group the laws were written to protect this wonderful sport we all enjoy our youth look up to us as adults and follow as we say and do if we break the law no matter how small they think it's OK lead by example if you choose to break game laws you are no better than the head lighters trespassers and other poachers lisesnse fees are made to support hunting if you choose to not buy them and hunt I hope the gw gives you a visit please practice ethics it is all we have the tree hugers are lobbing to do away with hunting all together

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
TEAM #5 four of a kind 2014
VIETNAM 68--71 3RD MARINE DIV.
DIE HARD CRIMSON TIDE FAN !!!!!!
CROSS BOW HUNTING GEESSER
bigsteve
Deer Killing Machine

Postby terry08 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:38 am

I have heard about those tree huggers for years now. Every time I go to the woods, I look for one, but haven't been lucky enough to see one. If ever I have the opportunity to slip up on one I will definitely put it out of its misery.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby glenn » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:45 am

Terry, I was a tree hugger once. When the bottom half of my climber feel to the ground. Hugging that stinking tree was the only way I could get down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never mistake kindness for weakness!
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby gtk » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:40 am

:welcome:

welcome.. buy a license.. cheaper than the alternative
gtk
Admin

Return to Whitetail Deer Discussion