Page 1 of 1

New toy to demo!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:31 pm
by chadbragg
I'm working with a friend on his load development for the 458 socom. These are 325gr hornady pills in an ar platform. I will get her dialed in tomorrow and try to punch a hole in a deer or 2!

Socom vs 308 Image

Look what a brake! Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: New toy to demo!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:07 pm
by jv
Pretty hefty looking bullet

Re: New toy to demo!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:50 am
by gtk
zac seems pretty excited about this .. That's a big ole bullet !

Re: New toy to demo!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:26 am
by terry08
You got buffalo up there to huh.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk

Re: New toy to demo!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:36 am
by stickers
Cool! I wonder how much powder is in those things? Do you know what kind of case that is? Doesnt look like it will be bad on recoil at all.

Re: New toy to demo!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:53 am
by chadbragg
gtk wrote:zac seems pretty excited about this .. That's a big ole bullet !


He is all about it. With his costs to load I am not certain it'll be the hit he's expecting. But I'll gladly help!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: New toy to demo!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:56 am
by chadbragg
stickers wrote:Cool! I wonder how much powder is in those things? Do you know what kind of case that is? Doesnt look like it will be bad on recoil at all.


No clue on the specs. I just mounted the scope. I'm gonna dial it in here in a bit. Will report on recoil afterwards.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: New toy to demo!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:54 pm
by stickers
Awesome. Hint: Pull that polymer tip out of that bullet and you will be shocked at what it will do to deer. I shot them out of a 45-70 and thought there would be no difference in wound channels. Boy was I shocked. I would love to see what that thing would do with some 300g TTSXs.

Re: New toy to demo!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:10 pm
by chadbragg
stickers wrote:Awesome. Hint: Pull that polymer tip out of that bullet and you will be shocked at what it will do to deer. I shot them out of a 45-70 and thought there would be no difference in wound channels. Boy was I shocked. I would love to see what that thing would do with some 300g TTSXs.


He's supposed to be getting some 500gr expanding subs as well as 400gr round nose.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: New toy to demo!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:44 pm
by dustygoodson
a big boom

Re: New toy to demo!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:50 pm
by chadbragg
Got it dialed in. It shoots great. Little recoil. Drops like a rock from 100 to 200yds. 14" drop actually. 50 to 100 is only 2" difference.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: New toy to demo!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:47 am
by gtk
yep, gravity sucks when it comes to large bullets :)