• Advertisement

Heading out tomorrow to go kill a pig!

Whats happening in your neck of the woods ?

Heading out tomorrow to go kill a pig!

Postby Rajun cajun » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:14 pm

Well James is coming to Louisiana to hunt with me this weekend, and Doodaa is coming in from Shreveport.hopefully we can bust up on a pig or two and get it all on film!

Atleast we can have some fun hanging out, swatting mosquitos and horse flies!

James: Meet you at Mc Donalds in St Francisville! I hope to head out from work around 4 pm...........hard hour to St Francisville.........

I have to stop and get corn for the feeders and some groceries.......only cooking I'm doing is on the grill!

looking forward to having you down.

Call my cell when you can duringt the trip.

Wayne
Rajun cajun
Pope&Young

Postby gtk » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:03 pm

Good Luck ya'll.. .Hope you get some great footage. I also hopes it cools down and rains a little !!!

Post some pics when ya get back !!
gtk
Admin

Postby bt58 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:10 pm

Good Luck Fellas!
bt58
12 Point

Postby Roebuck » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:26 pm

All the best for a successful hunt and some good fellowship.

Roebuck.
Roebuck
6 Point

Recap.no hogs.dead Yote

Postby Rajun cajun » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:22 am

I got stuck at work till 8:30 then raced 1.5 hours to meet Doodaa and Jard.........in St Francisville on friday.

We got to the travel trailers in the swamp and no electricity! The camps just up the road had power but not us.......

We unloaded and hit the sack around 1 am NO AC NO FANS. Just sweltering heat and humidity.........got up at 4 am and stumbled out to the stands.

Jard heard a boar squeel way off....I saw not hogs......feeders had run dry........was getting very bored when..........

I looked off through the swamp and saw something reddish colored running, thought it was a deer as they have very red/orange coats this time of year.

It turned out to be a coyote coming through the swamp towards me at a fast trot. I stood up and pluggged the Huntcam battery up, turned on my camcorder, and was going to hit record when it skidded to a dead stop!

Doodaa was filming from about 40 yards away and was only about 14 feet off the ground, he was filming some B roll of the woods behind him and he turned and the yote saw him.

I forgot about hitting the record on my camera as I thought Doodaa was on him. I had to lean out and around a tree to take the shot and as the crosshairs on my 30.06 lined up on him facing me, I squeezed the trigger! Only the coyote turned as I pulled......BOOOOOM and a miss at 25 yards!

The yote kicked in the AFTERBURNERS and headed my way down the slough!

I shifted, tried to get on it again but had all these trees in the way.......finally when the yote was about 80 yards off I picked a hole in the trees, lined up my crosshairs, and when it's head popped through I pulled the trigger!

I thought I saw it hunch up a little and it disappeared behind the trees......

I sat there for about an hour, looked at Doodaa and pointed my finger up and "One good miss on film!"

I got down and started a tracking spree, knowing exactly where it had run by, after about 85 yards I found one (1) drop of blood, walked about 10 yards and there it was.!!!!!! dead yote...no miss..I had been redeemed!

I asked Doodaa if he got it all and he said he never saw the yote till late, turned his camera back on and before he could hit record, I shot the first time!

He pushed record and tried to track the yote (and he got it streaking away on film and you can hear my shot..so we got it!

That was the highlight of our weekend!

We got back and around mid-day the power company fixed the power lines! We cranked up the AC and took a shower and visited, cooked a steak, got ready to make the evening hunt and another storm blew in and knocked out the power again!

We spent another night with no power..........woke up to another terrible rain storm with lots of lightening, could have hunted, but cameras do not like rain..and I dont like lightening!

So we slept in, got up and filled feeders and put out more soured corn........you can bet I will have my 7500 watt Honda generator the next I go back!

No pigs, but good companionship, good food, a good time!~
Rajun cajun
Pope&Young

Postby iveygun3 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:34 am

that's why its called hunting and not killin' Yall had a good time a that's all that matters IMO. You have a story to tell and will remember until CRS kicks in :lol:
iveygun3
Charter Member

Postby Rajun cajun » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:34 pm

Yeah it seems a lot funnier after a few days!

We did have a good time and you are right..that counts for a lot.but we only have till the last day of August to hunt this property...........for hogs.and we need a killl or two badly to finish our video....

Oh well..I have faith we will get er' done!

PS.the generator is now working great!

Like American Express........aint goin to da woods with out It!
Rajun cajun
Pope&Young

Postby iveygun3 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:29 am

well good luck, looks like this weekend might be good ahead of storm, could cause those hogs to feed up. just busta big-un.
iveygun3
Charter Member

Postby Rajun cajun » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:15 pm

Yeah but I cant go!

Have to repair the metal warehouse, the one I rented before I sold my chemical and soap company.

Then I have to purchase and pickup a filling machine that will fill 6 bottles or jugs at a time with liquid, for Southern Outdoor products so I can more speedily fill bottles with my odor eliminating products.

Need to mow my grass............my wife was thinking some girrafes and lions would fit in nicely in my yard!

have to get a lot of product ready to send to the Big Buck Show in Birmingham next weekend, and then for the Atlanta show two weeks after that!

Gonna be a busy camper.then next weekend I was supposed to be at the Biormingham Ala show but my baby daughter and her husband are flying in for a few days form Arizona..........have not seen them since the wedding in November..........

so the hogs can get fat on the corn the feeders are throwing..........and I will be there to bust them in 3 weeks!

Thanks for the confidence bro.........have a great weekend!
Rajun cajun
Pope&Young

Postby iveygun3 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:57 am

well that will be right after full moon and if it heats up they'll be easier to locate. Good luck at the shows
iveygun3
Charter Member

Return to Whitetail Deer Discussion