• Advertisement

Scope mounted camera

Whats happening in your neck of the woods ?

Scope mounted camera

Postby RoadRanger » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:57 pm

Does anyone have any experience with the phone mounts that attach to your scope to record your hunt? I haven't really ever looked into them but seem interesting. Would be great to video your hunt through the view of the crosshairs and replay where you were aiming at point of firing. Downside I see is the awkwardness of shooting with your face away from the scope. I can't see how you would even shoulder the gun and still be able to see the screen.
RoadRanger
Pope&Young

Re: Scope mounted camera

Postby chadbragg » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:56 am

I have the iscope. I think it has the mount for an iPhone 4. It is absolutely useless in my opinion. It changes the whole way ya hold the gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TEAM Rack Stackers aka THE WINNERS!!!
chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby chadbragg » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:58 am

RoadRanger wrote:Does anyone have any experience with the phone mounts that attach to your scope to record your hunt? I haven't really ever looked into them but seem interesting. Would be great to video your hunt through the view of the crosshairs and replay where you were aiming at point of firing. Downside I see is the awkwardness of shooting with your face away from the scope. I can't see how you would even shoulder the gun and still be able to see the screen.

I bought a tactacam last year and have been really impressed with it. It mounts to barrel or scope, and doesn't give the view through but allows 1 button recording and awesome quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TEAM Rack Stackers aka THE WINNERS!!!
chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby terry08 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:20 pm

It's a different world of hunting, than I grew up in. And I feel it will change with each generation. When the day comes and it will. That it's all about survival, and not about big buck contests and recorded videos of your hunt most folks will wish they had paid attention to their parents and grandparents. It all comes down to the ability to feed your family. Under the worst circumstances you can imagine.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Return to Whitetail Deer Discussion