• Advertisement

Swing and a foul ball

Whats happening in your neck of the woods ?

Swing and a foul ball

Postby RoadRanger » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:42 pm

Camera shows a group of 3 does feeding at 2 o'clock daily near the house so my boy and I slipped into the woods at 1245 this afternoon. As soon as we got there a big doe was 28 yards, broadside looking our way on full alert. Hidden by the blind I had to crawl through the door and from my knees let an arrow fly.

Brayden couldn't see but he heard it smack the deer and I watched her run for a ways with the arrow sticking out of her side banging on every tree and bush. I gave it a few minutes and never hearing a crash I went to investigate for blood.

Zero blood found, zero hair found, and no arrow at first. I finally found the arrow with only the broadhead having blood and hair on it. Nothing on the shaft so I must have hit the shoulder bone and done very little damage to her.

My thought is she was the one blowing for a few minutes after, not knowing what had happened to her. She will be ok in a few days and maybe I'll get another shot next week. I want redemption because that heffer bent my rage blades to Heck.
RoadRanger
Pope&Young

Re: Swing and a foul ball

Postby RoadRanger » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:43 pm

Here is the arrow as foundImage

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
RoadRanger
Pope&Young

Postby bigsteve » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:49 pm

Yep I Shot one Friday night got one lung deer got I a hay field lost the blood found her sat thanks to the buzzards not going again till it cools a bit

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
TEAM #5 four of a kind 2014
VIETNAM 68--71 3RD MARINE DIV.
DIE HARD CRIMSON TIDE FAN !!!!!!
CROSS BOW HUNTING GEESSER
bigsteve
Deer Killing Machine

Postby jv » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:58 pm

Better luck next time RoadRanger but I'm like bigsteve and not going till it cools down a little
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Return to Whitetail Deer Discussion