• Advertisement

Finally got everything ready!

Whats happening in your neck of the woods ?

Finally got everything ready!

Postby buckcrazy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:17 am

Been super busy trying to transform my land into hunting land. This place never had food plots, roads or anything hunting related except a couple stands that were falling apart watching some trails. As most of you know I’ve been working on the land since I got it in March and yesterday we finally got the last stands up. Planted the fields 2 weeks ago and have only had 1 rain last week so I was surprised how well the plots have come in. We didn’t get soil tests done this year so I have no clue what I need for optimum growing plots but figured we would just throw an mix out there. Seems to be taking alright so far.
Also planted the hill with rye grass between the shed and pond to help keep the soil from washing down. Seems to be helping out.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There's a fine line between hunting and sittting there looking stupid"- Unknown

"If vegetarians love animals so much why do they keep eating all their food"- Unknown
buckcrazy
Boone&Crockett

Re: Finally got everything ready!

Postby jv » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:14 pm

It all looks great and them foot plots are are looking good....have you put any fertilizer on the plots?
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby terry08 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:54 pm

It's amazing what determination, hard work and fortitude, can do. You have done a great job in a short time. Got the place looking wonderful. I know you are proud and looking forward to many years of family enjoyment on the property.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby dustygoodson » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:21 pm

everything looks great
dustygoodson
Pope&Young

Postby gtk » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:36 am

Need some central heat/air in that stand :)
gtk
Admin

Postby LadyHunter » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:22 am

You are going to be enjoying the place for a lot of years to come.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners

WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Postby buckcrazy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:58 am

Yeah jv, we put an average of 125 lbs of 10-10-10 per acre. I usually put the standard 13-13-13 but I got an amazing deal on 40lb bags of 10-10-10 so I figured I’d give it a try. Walmart discounted all the 10-10-10 a few weeks ago down to $2 a bag, making room for Christmas stuff so they just want it gone. They do it every year I was told. When I talked to the co-op and explained that I hadn’t done soil tests and what fertilizer I was using they recommend 125 per acre so that’s what I went by. I’ve still got 5 bags of seed so I’m going to go fill in the bare spots on some of the plots next weekend. I went ahead and over bought seeds to be sure I had enough. I’ve also got some clover that I’m going to throw down but I’m going to wait until November as I’ve always had better luck with it “frost” seeded.

Thanks terry, can’t wait to show my wife and kids the progress that I’ve made. They’re wrapped up with the kids soccer season right now so they haven’t seen it in about 3 months in which a lot has changed. I’ve been going up as much as possible but not trying to miss to many games because the land will always be there but the memories of them playing only last so long. Trying to put priorities in order and still get things done.

"There's a fine line between hunting and sittting there looking stupid"- Unknown

"If vegetarians love animals so much why do they keep eating all their food"- Unknown
buckcrazy
Boone&Crockett

Postby buckcrazy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:00 am

Btw, don’t think I haven’t thought about getting some electricity to a stand or two. I’m trying to come up with a plan. If not I have plans for solar panels on each one to charge the phones.

buckcrazy
Boone&Crockett

Postby jv » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:21 am

You should be ready for season to get here, I have seen deer walk through a field that has not been fertilized to get to one that has...it just makes it sweeter for the deer.
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby terry08 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:59 pm

buckcrazy wrote:Btw, don’t think I haven’t thought about getting some electricity to a stand or two. I’m trying to come up with a plan. If not I have plans for solar panels on each one to charge the phones.

You plan on hunting, or running your business from the stands? Lol

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby buckcrazy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:36 am

lol, a little of both. By having access to my phone it will give me more time to hunt being able to stay in contact with my employees. Killing two birds with one stone!! I just switched from AT&T to Verizon because I couldn't get service hardly anywhere with AT&T. Verizon works fine everywhere on the property.

buckcrazy
Boone&Crockett

Return to Whitetail Deer Discussion