• Advertisement

Season over

Whats happening in your neck of the woods ?

Season over

Postby bucksides » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:05 pm

Well, us upper part of the state people, are officially done. I had a very good season. Killed three nice bucks and two does. One of the does was with my bow. I didn’t get to bow hunt last year due to some issues and disputes with a neighbor. So, the bow kill really meant a lot to me. I hope everyone has full freezers and got to enjoy this season. Every hunt is a blessing that we get to enjoy the peacefulness of God’s great outdoors. No pressures of every day life or problems. I wouldn’t trade it for nothing, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t ready to start fishing and camping when it warms up. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bucksides
8 Point

Re: Season over

Postby flipper » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:16 pm

Congratulations Bucksides! So glad for you! It was a good one for me as well. Freezer is well stocked..... until next fall. My two from this year:
ImageImage

2018-19 Team #1 BLADES and BULLETS
flipper
Pope&Young

Postby bucksides » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:56 pm

Very nice! I think you showed up most of the guys! lol

bucksides
8 Point

Postby terry08 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:36 am

Congratulations.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby glenn » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:57 pm

bucksides wrote:Very nice! I think you showed up most of the guys! lol

I know she showed me up, but I have gotten used to that. She does it every year.

I crippled one that got away for the first time in many years, but it happens to us all. I did kill an 8 point, but forgot to take pictures for the contest.

It was physically a very painful year for me too. A couple of hours was about all I could ever sit, if I made it that long. I found out today I will be having knee replacement in a couple of months. After that it will be on to hernia surgery. I hope that corrects all of my issues, but when you’re ridden hard and put up wet like I was in my younger years, this is what you get. Maybe next year will be better.

Never mistake kindness for weakness!
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby flipper » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:17 pm

glenn wrote:

I know she showed me up, but I have gotten used to that. She does it every year.

I crippled one that got away for the first time in many years, but it happens to us all. I did kill an 8 point, but forgot to take pictures for the contest.

It was physically a very painful year for me too. A couple of hours was about all I could ever sit, if I made it that long. I found out today I will be having knee replacement in a couple of months. After that it will be on to hernia surgery. I hope that corrects all of my issues, but when you’re ridden hard and put up wet like I was in my younger years, this is what you get. Maybe next year will be better.

I was just very blessed Glenn. And real lucky...... Is your knee replacement going to be outpatient? Wish you could have it at my place so I could take care of you.

2018-19 Team #1 BLADES and BULLETS
flipper
Pope&Young

Postby bucksides » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:40 am

It’s always a bad feeling to lose a deer. I’ve literally not hunted for two or three weeks afterwards, because I felt so bad about it. But, the fact is if you hunt a lot, that’s going to happen. Especially, bow hunting. Hate you are experiencing all the physical problems. Maybe, you will get back to yourself soon. I know you were a deer killing machine when I first joined with y’all. I have no doubt, you will be fine. Hang in there bud!

bucksides
8 Point

Postby glenn » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:37 pm

flipper wrote:
glenn wrote:

I was just very blessed Glenn. And real lucky...... Is your knee replacement going to be outpatient? Wish you could have it at my place so I could take care of you.

He told me I would go home the next day. It will be done in Baton Rouge. I knew you were a nurse but didn’t know exactly what you did. If I had, I would definitely have asked for your input. It would be nice to have a friend taking care of me.

I walk an average of around 4 miles a day at work, so between the arthritis and no cartilage left I have no choice but to have it fixed.

Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby glenn » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:54 pm

bucksides wrote:It’s always a bad feeling to lose a deer. I’ve literally not hunted for two or three weeks afterwards, because I felt so bad about it. But, the fact is if you hunt a lot, that’s going to happen. Especially, bow hunting. Hate you are experiencing all the physical problems. Maybe, you will get back to yourself soon. I know you were a deer killing machine when I first joined with y’all. I have no doubt, you will be fine. Hang in there bud!

I appreciate your concern and I am sure everything will be fine. I don’t know about the deer killing machine part, but I appreciate the complement. The biggest difference between this year and past years was not being able to go where I wanted to. I did get to send several people to spots where they were able to get good bucks, so I consider it a good year.

Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby gtk » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:34 am

Congrats yall..
gtk
Admin

Postby bigsteve » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:03 am

Glenn I can relate to the knee problems last year I couldn't walk 50 yards but I got that fixed I'm sur you will come back strong

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
TEAM #5 four of a kind 2014
VIETNAM 68--71 3RD MARINE DIV.
DIE HARD CRIMSON TIDE FAN !!!!!!
CROSS BOW HUNTING GEESSER
bigsteve
Deer Killing Machine

Return to Whitetail Deer Discussion