• Advertisement

Bow Question

Whats happening in your neck of the woods ?

Bow Question

Postby gtk » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:46 am

While at bass-pro this weekend, I messed up and picked up a new single cam bow. MAN, those things are LIGHT ! I read up on it some. From what I read it seems like the trend now is moving back to Double-Cam bows, with parallel limbs.

Why are the manufactures starting to go back to double cam bows (or a hybrid) ? Makes me wonder if I should just keep my old double cam bow.

They had a nice bow, I think it was a FredBear, for about $450 with sights & quiver & whisker biscuit. It was a single cam.

Comments ? Suggestions ?
gtk
Admin

Postby ghc » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:26 pm

GTK...I have had them all I believe. I really can't tell a difference in the double cam vs single cam. It may be that I'm not very observant, but I'm not sure there really is one. I shoot a single cam PSE Xcellerator. I've never (knock on wood) had one jump it. It's lightening fast. It definitely out shoots my PSE Thunder flight with just the round wheels. But, once again, I've never had one move out of the way of that one either.
ghc
4 Point

Postby gtk » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:54 pm

just got back from bass pro again.

i really like the hybrid double cam bows with the parallel limbs. I think I was looking at the pse X-cellerator. $459.00

they are having a big sale aug 6th, so i'll mull over it till then.
gtk
Admin

Postby gtk » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:41 pm

correction. I was looking at the PSE Firestorm Lite

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog. ... get=browse
gtk
Admin

Return to Whitetail Deer Discussion