• Advertisement

Any Traditional Shooters Here?

Whats happening in your neck of the woods ?

Any Traditional Shooters Here?

Postby isshe » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:49 pm

Just wondering if anyone here uses a stick bow? I started messing around with one in 02...I haven't got a deer with one yet but I hope to keep trying. I did arrow 3 squirrels and 1 rabbit so far. :D
isshe
button buck

Postby gtk » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:12 pm

Me, a traditional shotoer ? not hardly. I havent even killed a deer with my compound yet ! I've got a good friend who put the compound away a couple years ago, and he's harvested several with his traditional.
gtk
Admin

Postby iveygun3 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:40 pm

not I, I need sights :shock: can't get that looking down arrow to work very well. Now if its a handgun at less than 20yds, I never use sights
iveygun3
Charter Member

Postby nobucks » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:33 pm

I shoot a recurve isshe but I have not hunted with it in a while.I want to get a kill with it this fall.I have a redwing. :)
nobucks
12 Point

Postby isshe » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:51 pm

Nobucks,
Sure hope you are successful this season with it. Are you practicing any?

gtk,
I hope this season you and that compound will take a good one. :D

iveygun3,
I think if you can hit with a handgun at 20 yards and use no sights you could get the hang of a Traditional bow too. It's the same...eye and hand working together.
isshe
button buck

Postby Warren H. Womack » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:01 am

isshe, I'm a traditional bowhunter. In fact when I first started bowhunting back in 1969, the compound bow hadn't been invented.

I did buy one of the first three comounds that came into the area in 1975 and hunted with a wheel bow through the 92 season. I started the next season with a recurve.

My bow, since 1994, is an Acadian Woods recurve, hand crafted and custom made by Tim Mullins of Slidell, LA. It's 60" long and 58# @ 28". I always put a mark on my bow after a kill and it has 58 marks for deer and 5 for hogs.

You are invited to visit my web-site, if your interested, for more info.

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community ... 207161&ck=

Warren
Warren H. Womack
button buck

Postby isshe » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:54 am

Warren,

Sounds like you have done well with the stick bow...Congratulations. :D

I got started bow hunting in 97 with a compound and then in 99 I started using a crossbow because of my health...but now I use the stick bow and enjoy it greatly Praise The Lord.

I got my first recurve in 03...bought it off e-bay...then I got a Bear in 04 and then this year I bought a Black Widow PSR V. I do fair out to 17 yards..I've been practicing some at 19.

I hope to go to a all Traditional 3-D shoot this Sat...I'll get to see alot of different bows there...of course...most of us will think our bow is the best..hehehe.

Thanks for posting...maybe I'll talk with again. :D

Carol
isshe
button buck

Return to Whitetail Deer Discussion