• Advertisement

Just Call Me "No pigs"

Whats happening in your neck of the woods ?

Just Call Me "No pigs"

Postby Rajun cajun » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:32 pm

Well I finally got to go hog hunting this past weekend..and once again I arrived about a week after the feeders went dry.......

Hossbug and I filled feeders and moved on lockon........saw nothing but a turkey, a few deer, and a lot of racoons sat morning.

Sat evening I sat one of my TSC lockons behind the camp area and watched coons fight and chase each other....around dark I had 4 coons around it when they went on alert........I looked and saw 4 more coons with their nose and ears just over the grass in a thicket.......then two more showed up..they were on alert, the coons at the feeder were on alert.......when I heard a "grunt" the 6 new coons were actually young pigs coming to the feeder......all I could see was ears over the gras and it was getting late really quick!

Well the coons spooked and headed for trees, the piglets scattered, thats when I heard moma pig take of further back in the thicket.........

Oh well......some action atleast........

However..with the feeders running hard this week.....it will be Hammertime next weekend!

MMMMMMMM small pig on a spit.........PIG KABOBS!
Rajun cajun
Pope&Young

Postby gtk » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:57 am

with this 95 degree + heat, I cant even begin to think about hunting. Its even too hot to fish..

Good luck on your next hunt, & may cooler weather come your way.
gtk
Admin

Postby isshe » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:44 am

RC,
I hope next time you go out you'll get the best pig for you to eat. :D
isshe
button buck

Return to Whitetail Deer Discussion